Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thoughts on Deadspace

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Thoughts on Deadspace Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Deadspace   Thoughts on Deadspace Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 4:35 am

This game was not as terrifying as I thought it would be. I got to like, near the end of Chapter 2 before leaving and I wasn't really scared by some things. For one, it didn't help that the monsters were stupid enough to reveal their shadows around a corner and when I turn said corner they would be laying there "dead". Your first thought would be, "There's no way that thing is dead." Reasons? One, I saw its shadow moving before I turned the corner. Two, it still had all of its limbs, when the game emphasized it so much that the limbs are what to go for and this thing had no holes in its body so I can only come to one logical conclusion, it's playing dead. Three, it's a fucking survival-horror game, you'd gave to be some kind of idiot to fall for that trick. It also doesn't help with how obvious the game becomes at points when something is trying to scare you, when the lights began flickering I immediately thought "Okay, what now? What horrible abomination of evil is going to try to kill me now?". And then there's the point where the rooms are actually well lit and are seeable and i think "This isn't going to last long in a game that uses complete darkness as a gimmick for scaring me." I jumped two times and this due to one monster jumping me from behind a corner when I wasn't paying attention to the ground for a shadow and the other was that evil baby thing jumping me from the ceiling.

The controls were pretty good but it felt like RE4 in how it played. It felt like I wasn't really dreading every battle since most of the monsters I could kill just by swatting at them with the gun and then curbstomping them. Ammo can be bought, so running out of becomes a minor annoyance as does health. I do like how pretty the game is though and that space looks absolutely beautiful.

But there were two separate occasions that struck me as bizarre. The first is when you walk up and hear this thumping noise and see some guy slamming his head against the wall. I tried shooting at him but the game wouldn't let me so then I walked up to him, he turns around and drops dead. The next time I see some doctor working on a dead patient, babbling, then slitting her throat with her own hack saw. What made these two even more bizarre is that they're supposed to be dead because their organs are hanging out, but that's probably explained later in the game.

Oh and those little bugs, I FUCKING HATE THEM.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Deadspace   Thoughts on Deadspace Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 4:17 pm

Yeah, Even Yahtzee said all it managed to do to him was startle him. Which is really more like, "whoa...Okay." *BOOM BOOM* instead of "OMGWTF!" *drops controller and runs out of room*
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Deadspace   Thoughts on Deadspace Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:01 am

The only game I've ever been scared of is Majora's Mask.

Those fucking sea snakes terrified me as a kid. I'm not to fond of deep, dark water these days.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Deadspace   Thoughts on Deadspace Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:10 am

Ever play a game called "Lost Secret of the Rainforest"?