Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kima Rental Rundown

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

Kima Rental Rundown Empty
PostSubject: Kima Rental Rundown   Kima Rental Rundown Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 5:09 am

I rented a batch of games from Blockbuster today, testing said games out to see whether or not I want to put them on my birthday wishlist. How do they hold up on early impressions? Let's find out...

Sacred 2 - I can play as a hot elf girl, who not only is scantly clad, but can wield shuriken, cast all manner of elemental magic, AND has a mount that is both cute and badass. ...THIS GAME IS AWESOME!

Burnout Paradise - So after AT LEAST an hour of mandatory updates, I finally start out this member of my favourite racing series. Now, typically, you'd expect the acceleration button to be something like, oh, say, the X button. Nope! It's the FUCKING R2 BUTTON! You need to play a muthafuckin' RACING GAME with R2 as the hold-down-to-move accelerator! AND YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE CONTROLS! ...fuck that shit, man. Fuck it.

Street Fighter 4 - Well, Sora, I finally tried this game out and... I suck hairy, wrinkled balls at it. Just as I thought I would. Razz

Dynasty Warriors 6 - I've never played a DW game outside of the Gundam demo from PSN, so I thought I'd give it a proper try. As with the demo, I get really far... and then get my ass handed to me by an end-of-battle boss warrior (namely, Lu Bu). The game was really fun until that point, but if I always get my ass chewed up at the boss fights, then the appeal starts to wear off. I'll try it a few more times, but I'm doubting if I'll permanently add it to my library...

Overlord - I loved the demo and plan on getting Overlord 2 anyway... this is less of a "scout out a game" rental so much as "I want to play more than the first two objectives" rental. Razz

So the score is 2 "Hell Yes", 2 "Hell No", and 1 "Don't Know". Which will the wild card side with? YOU MAKE THE CALL!
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Kima Rental Rundown   Kima Rental Rundown Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:07 pm

So how was Street Fighter 4?
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Kima Rental Rundown   Kima Rental Rundown Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:58 pm

I didn't enjoy it and wasn't good at it.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kima Rental Rundown   Kima Rental Rundown Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:03 pm

You're hardly ever good at fighting games from what you've said.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Kima Rental Rundown   Kima Rental Rundown Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:05 pm

I'm not too bad at more basic fighters, like Mortal Kombat or Soul Calibur. I'm also fairly good at "specialized" fighters, like the Tenkaichi series and Ultimate Ninja Storm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kima Rental Rundown   Kima Rental Rundown Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:05 pm

Mash buttons. It's just that simple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kima Rental Rundown   Kima Rental Rundown Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kima Rental Rundown
Page 1 of 1