Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

just started playing halo 3

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

just started playing halo 3 Empty
PostSubject: just started playing halo 3   just started playing halo 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:00 am

good god this game is fun. and the sickening crunch of enemies under my gravhammer is very theraputic Cool
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: just started playing halo 3   just started playing halo 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:32 am

It seemed pretty fun from what little I played of it. Only played once, and that was in co-op mode.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: just started playing halo 3   just started playing halo 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 3:33 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
It seemed pretty fun from what little I played of it. Only played once, and that was in co-op mode.
i much prefer co-op, because i have no idea where im going--my friends do, so i follow them and kill things. i feel like an attack dog Razz
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: just started playing halo 3   just started playing halo 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:28 am

Halo 3 is fantastic, but it's a steep learning curve going into online deathmatches. Many of the guys playing have been on it for 18 months, and they're rather better at it than is healthy.

In fact Halo 3 is one of the rare occasions where I coughed up for a special edition; the Legendary Edition in this case, complete with Spartan Helmet.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: just started playing halo 3   just started playing halo 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:32 am

SimianWonder wrote:
the Legendary Edition in this case, complete with Spartan Helmet.
WHY
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: just started playing halo 3   just started playing halo 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:35 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:
the Legendary Edition in this case, complete with Spartan Helmet.
WHY

Because I could.

It was my intention to get the vanilla edition, but when I got to the till, it was staring me in the face. Unlike most things of it's type, it's actually worthwhile, as you get a lot included.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: just started playing halo 3   just started playing halo 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:39 am

But... WHY?

I mean it's like those anime/fantasy/film/whatever figurines. They look all nice and cool, but I couldn't see myself buying one, because, well, what would I do with it? It'd just sit on a shelf somewhere.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: just started playing halo 3   just started playing halo 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 am

The helmet is a nice collectible, but you do get two discs worth of bonus features, like myriad documentaries, HD cutscenes from Halo 1 & 2, interviews with developers, that sort of thing.

It was well worth it, especially as, unlike most limited editions, these really were limited. They can still fetch up to £70 on eBay.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: just started playing halo 3   just started playing halo 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:55 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Halo 3 is fantastic, but it's a steep learning curve going into online deathmatches. Many of the guys playing have been on it for 18 months, and they're rather better at it than is healthy.

In fact Halo 3 is one of the rare occasions where I coughed up for a special edition; the Legendary Edition in this case, complete with Spartan Helmet.
meh, im borrowing it from a friend with almost no experience witht the last two games. ive gotten good through playing story mode, but i still fall victim to haseo's 'whine and screenlook' combination.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: just started playing halo 3   just started playing halo 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:02 am

You've gotten 'good' through playing Story mode? Oh my. Take it online, you'll see just how far short of 'good' you really are. Smile

Sad thing is, at one point I was ranked inside the top #1000 in the world at this. Now I'd just be everyone's bitch.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: just started playing halo 3   just started playing halo 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:56 am

SimianWonder wrote:
You've gotten 'good' through playing Story mode? Oh my. Take it online, you'll see just how far short of 'good' you really are. Smile

Sad thing is, at one point I was ranked inside the top #1000 in the world at this. Now I'd just be everyone's bitch.
i never said i was great, im good (comfortable with almost every weapon and im okay with the controls). i can beat my friends, but i doubt id last more than 8 seconds against people online,

and besides that, i have no gold account Sad
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: just started playing halo 3   just started playing halo 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 1:21 am

Lycaon wrote:
The helmet is a nice collectible, but you do get two discs worth of bonus features, like myriad documentaries, HD cutscenes from Halo 1 & 2, interviews with developers, that sort of thing.

It was well worth it, especially as, unlike most limited editions, these really were limited. They can still fetch up to £70 on eBay.
documentaries?

i'm normally trying to avoid those
and you paid extrsa for them
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: just started playing halo 3   just started playing halo 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 5:33 am

got a gold account. online is fun--barring the occasional dickhead--and ive even made a few friends.

i lose a lot, i stand at a '3' in rank, but i have managed to get the most kills in matches with rank '5's on my team occasionally. i know i need to increase my rank to find better opponenets, and thats exactly what im aiming to do. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just started playing halo 3   just started playing halo 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

just started playing halo 3
Page 1 of 1