Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic

Go down 
+17
Savage
Ace
Haseoviawesome
Maskull
Goldninja
Golden Boy
SimianWonder
Rockstar_Sinistar
Baal
Mewmaster
Kaede
Superbuu3
Kimarous
Talking Sock
Kaio
A_Nonny_Moose
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:29 pm

I got what he meant Sora. I've read that bit.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:31 pm

What you think so far?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:32 pm

It's okay. Nothing's really happened yet. I like Luffy's frankness.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:40 pm

The Kuro arc takes some time to get rolling. But it pays off in the end.

Also, SImian's started reading too. He's at the Buggy arc now.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:06 pm

I'm now at the point where the good quality pages have run out and the translation has changed. Luffy is now called Rufi.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:08 pm

That's what he's called in Germany. Razz

So you're now at volume 4? Where Kuro's plan is revealed?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Just finished volume 3.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:33 pm

Not sure I'll be able to the handle the typos in this translation. "We're in the wring place", "I'm am Usopp".
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:33 pm

Awesome
i love that arc
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:40 pm

The OneManga scans of that arc are really good. I just checked.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:46 pm

Jango's meant to be Michael Jackson right?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:51 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:10 pm

He's awesome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:01 am

GIMME 10 REASONS WHY I SHOULD READ THIS
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:05 am

1. It's awesome.
2. It's the most original manga ever lacking shitloads of obnoxious cliches.
3. It's not emo.
4. The majority of characters aren't stupid teenagers.
5. It's long(people who complain about length are retarded, why would you want less of a story to enjoy? Specifically because you don't have a time limit of reading the damn thing and could always take your time).
6. It's an epic adventure with many different islands and areas unlike certain manga where everything is just god damn trees everywhere.
7. Brook.
8. Good pacing.
9. Decent character development.
10. Surpassed DB in awesomeness a long time ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:08 am

The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Attachment
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:47 am

HO NUVA LEVO' wrote:
5. It's long(people who complain about length are retarded, why would you want less of a story to enjoy? Specifically because you don't have a time limit of reading the damn thing and could always take your time).

This is because with time things age like wine or milk.

Manga has always been a toss-up between the two. Milk being the most likely of the two.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:08 am

That's not the reason, that would be stupid considering you'd have to be shitty as hell with your reading skills to have that as an issue.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:13 am

Worrying that the manga you will like might turn into crap if it keeps on going?

I liked Bleach but it's ridiculous how it is now. It should've ended after Soul Society.

Same with Reborn, should've ended after Varia.

I don't doubt Oda as he's shown that he is on a higher level than Toriyama is, but just look at JJBA. You can't really compared Stone Ocean or Steel Ball Run to Battle Tendency or Stardust Crusaders.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:29 am

Wait, wut? I don't get the point of the post, what are you talking about now? >_> What's this got to do with worrying about the manga getting crap by being too long?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:33 am

That's what I was referring to.

I guess you misunderstood me.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:37 am

One word, Author.

It's the author that writes/draws the whole thing out. It's his/her fault if the story turns to shit because they wanted to lengthen and couldn't come up with a good story to legthen it on.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:58 am

Sometimes the author and artist are one in the same.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:07 am

Guys, you're trailing off the point of that number 5. What you're talking about is something that's totally different to what I said. I'm saying that so many people WHO HAVEN'T GOTTEN INTO OP YET always fear the length, not the people who are currently reading it bitching about it along the way.

I'm explaining how people think it's going to be a chore to go through it, not the quality of the later parts(considering they haven't even read the series yet) and time it will end, but literally the complaining of how long it takes FOR THE READER TO READ IT. So many people think there's some time limit when they can take as much time as they want, that's what I'm saying. >_>

Pfft, and you say I misunderstood you. >___________>

Last edited by HO NUVA LEVO' on Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:11 am

HO NUVA LEVO' wrote:
Guys, you're trailing off the point of that number 5. What you're talking about is something that's totally different to what I said. I'm saying that so many people WHO HAVEN'T GOTTEN INTO OP YET always fear the length, not the people who are currently reading it bitching about it along the way.

I'm explaining how people think it's going to be a chore to go through it, not the quality and time it will end, but literally the complaining of how long it takes FOR THE READER TO READ IT. So many people think there's some time limit when they can take as much time as they want, that's what I'm saying. >_>

Pfft, and you say I misunderstood you. >___________>

scratch I thought I was helping the case.

Nevermind then.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic
Page 3 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next