Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic

Go down 
+17
Savage
Ace
Haseoviawesome
Maskull
Goldninja
Golden Boy
SimianWonder
Rockstar_Sinistar
Baal
Mewmaster
Kaede
Superbuu3
Kimarous
Talking Sock
Kaio
A_Nonny_Moose
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 3:55 am

I'm into Little Garden now. Doesn't seem boring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:35 am

But it is.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:40 am

Why? It's not as good as some of the other arcs so far, but I wouldn't say it was boring. Most entertaining thing that's happened since they entered Grand Line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:46 am

I dunno. Never read the manga. I can't read.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:37 am

lawk
Back to top Go down
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:25 pm

That Nami is a total bitch
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:16 pm

What did she do? Steal a boat?
Back to top Go down
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:29 pm

Yep, and their stuff. I'm sure something will happen that turns it around, as usual, but I'm just posting as I read it.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:36 pm

I still haven't ready anymore since my OP marathon. Do you think it's safe to start the Skypiea arc yet?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:23 pm

You're getting into the Arlong arc GN. It's awesome.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:24 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
I still haven't ready anymore since my OP marathon. Do you think it's safe to start the Skypiea arc yet?

The Skypiea arc is less than 100 chapters long. I say go for it. It has a rather boring couple of chapters when they arrive on Skypiea, but once the survival game starts (won't say more) it's epic all the way to the end.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:20 am

Also after you're finished with Skypiea, you won't be disappointed with the following arc, that's for sure. It's actually quite a short one but it's still one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:32 am

He's lying. It'll be the worst one yet.

The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Emot-smug
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:40 am

So Alabasta is good right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 2:32 am

If you like sand and shit. Yeah, I guess.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:09 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
So Alabasta is good right?

Oh yes. It's perhaps not as focused as the Arlong arc, but it's much larger in scale, so you have to wait a good while for the payoff, but the fights are great, there's plenty of character moments....I won't spoil it, but it's epic.
Back to top Go down
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:01 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
You're getting into the Arlong arc GN. It's awesome.

Just got to the Arlong arc yesterday. Haven't read it since though. I'll probably read some more tonight. Male mermaids? Weirdness.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:29 pm

They're NOT male mermaids.

Mermaids: You know. One is seen in Hachi's coverstory.
Fishmen: Arlong and his crew, Jinbei.
Mermen: Male mermaids. Haven't ever been seen in One Piece yet.
Back to top Go down
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:39 pm

Heh, my bad.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:55 pm

It's a commonly made mistake. Mostly because Kaizoku Fansubs (the best known One Piece subber of the anime) translated "Gyojin" as Mermen, instead of Fishmen. This was later contradicted by Oda clearly making a difference between Fishmen and Mermen.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:59 pm

No, it's mostly because 4kids also called them Mermen. >_>
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:04 am

K-F came before 4Kids. And people don't listen to 4Kids terms anyway. Not like you hear "wow those Zolo and Wyler guy were pretty win in Skypiea."

Or maybe it's because I am biased against K-F for being generic Japanophile dicks who keep a shitload of words untranslated because it's more original and have swear words all over the place to make people believe they're watching an adult show.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:09 am

Back in the day, regardless of who came first, 4kids contains the majority of OP viewers, not everyone's going to go on the net and waste time downloading subs when they can casual watch OP without complaining about how much a dub's sucking or not, they're just going to watch it anyways considering they're either ignorant of what's the true version of things or they're just kids like most of the viewers are.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:12 am

They call themselves Mermen in the fanslation I have (which I guess is the one from bleachexile).
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:16 am

Well, it's Fishmen. FUNi translated it correctly (of course there's still faggots like Sly who go "OMG MAI FANSUBZ SAY ITS MERMEN SO IT MUST BE CORECT")
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic
Page 13 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next