Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic

Go down 
+17
Savage
Ace
Haseoviawesome
Maskull
Goldninja
Golden Boy
SimianWonder
Rockstar_Sinistar
Baal
Mewmaster
Kaede
Superbuu3
Kimarous
Talking Sock
Kaio
A_Nonny_Moose
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:13 am

HO NUVA LEVO' wrote:
Guys, you're trailing off the point of that number 5. What you're talking about is something that's totally different to what I said. I'm saying that so many people WHO HAVEN'T GOTTEN INTO OP YET always fear the length, not the people who are currently reading it bitching about it along the way.

I'm explaining how people think it's going to be a chore to go through it, not the quality and time it will end, but literally the complaining of how long it takes FOR THE READER TO READ IT. So many people think there's some time limit when they can take as much time as they want, that's what I'm saying. >_>

Pfft, and you say I misunderstood you. >___________>

Okay I misunderstood you. What's up with the attitude?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:17 am

ISSUES DAMN IT FUCK CUNT.

But in seriousness, I'm just annoyed cos of issues with the new comic's pages, but they're fixed now. >_> God I hate doing the new comic's colored shit...
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:40 am

Yeah, Sora's right, coming into OP new is quite daunting. It's a bit like being given a copy of War and Peace and told to read it, you look at it, and think "that'll take forever!"

Of course, once you start, you don't notice how quickly you're reading it. I'm only 450 odd chapters behind.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:50 am

SimianWonder wrote:
Yeah, Sora's right, coming into OP new is quite daunting. It's a bit like being given a copy of War and Peace and told to read it, you look at it, and think "that'll take forever!"

Of course, once you start, you don't notice how quickly you're reading it. I'm only 450 odd chapters behind.

??? Is that like Lord of The Rings or something?
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:53 am

SimianWonder wrote:

THAT'S NOT WHAT I WAS SAYING!!!!!! *eye twitch*

I'm saying it's the opposite. There's nothing to fear at all considering you have all the time in the world to read it and that people bitching about getting into it is hard are morons for claiming that since no one's timing you. Also, as you say, it's also a quick read despite the amount of chapters. In late 2005, that's when I began reading OP and then bam, a month later I already reached the latest parts at the time.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:07 pm

Insert Username Here wrote:

You mean you don't know War and Peace?!
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:15 pm

*watches Seinfeld*

IT'S "WAR, WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR!?" like t3h song. >.> *runs*
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:02 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Insert Username Here wrote:

You mean you don't know War and Peace?!

>.> I wouldn't be much of an idiot if I did.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:25 pm

i never read war and peace
its a classic example of a ridiculously long book though
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:37 pm

Yeah, it's a paving slab of a book. The unedited version is over 1400 pages, and around 560,000 words.

I did try reading it once, but it's actually very slow moving, and feels dated now. Not surprising perhaps, given that it's well over 100 years old now.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:08 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Yeah, it's a paving slab of a book. The unedited version is over 1400 pages, and around 560,000 words.

I did try reading it once, but it's actually very slow moving, and feels dated now. Not surprising perhaps, given that it's well over 100 years old now.

>.>

Whoever wrote that book had a hell of alot of time on their hands.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:03 pm

Back onto OP, I'm now at chapter 37, and Luffy has just started fighting Kuro. However, as Nonny mentioned earlier, the fanslation here is starting to grate.

Luffy just threw a punch at Kuro, and Kuro disappeared, to which Luffy says "Shit! Where the fuck did he go?"

That's rather out of character for someone as laid back as Luffy.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:10 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Luffy just threw a punch at Kuro, and Kuro disappeared, to which Luffy says "Shit! Where the fuck did he go?"

Looks like Sly has done his fair share of translations in the past too.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:29 pm

Also, you only need another 5 chapters till you reach the boring Baratie arc.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:30 pm

As mentioned the other day, my personal opinion is that using swear words simply shows a lack of vocabulary.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:38 pm

The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 16

What a badass!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:53 pm

Simian's going through it faster than me.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:19 pm

Roronoa Kaio wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:

Looks like Sly has done his fair share of translations in the past too.

QFT
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:19 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
As mentioned the other day, my personal opinion is that using swear words simply shows a lack of vocabulary.

I think that's the general opinion of people like you
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:42 pm

Kaede wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:

I think that's the general opinion of people like you
What does 'people like you' mean?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:48 pm

Tasteful people.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:09 pm

Oh, and Nonny: I'm only reading it quickly because I'm bored sitting around at home.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:14 pm

I'm just up to Kuro arriving at the fight scene.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:31 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Oh, and Nonny: I'm only reading it quickly because I'm bored sitting around at home.
Don't you have, like, a job and fiance and stuff? I'd have thought you'd be pretty busy.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:32 pm

I lost my job last week. Stupid economic crisis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic
Page 4 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next