Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

elder scrolls IV oblivion

Go down 
+3
Superbuu3
Rockstar_Sinistar
brandon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
brandon
Basement Butterfly

elder scrolls IV oblivion Empty
PostSubject: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:45 pm

has consumed much of my life Razz
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:51 am

It's Fallout 3 gone Midieval. Very Happy

It has swords, magic, And you can turn into a vampire. XD Although (And this is a glitch that exists ONLY in the PS3 Game of The Year version.) Once you turn vamp, You can't turn back. Sad

...But it's cool, I like being a vampire anyway. Every time you feed, You get to walk in the sun for the whole day, But go about 5 days without feeding, You become so fucking powerful, That you practically one hit kill people and take shit loads more damage than you could as a human. But, The longer you go without feeding, The more damage the sunlight does. >_>
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 5:01 am

Fallout 3 suffers from random freezing after long periods of plays and some glitches here and there.

Oblivion only suffers what is known as "Slow the fuck down, Dude. You're going faster than we can load the level/playing field" glitch. XD ...That and sometimes difficult battles.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 5:03 am

when you say playing for long how long is that like an hour or like 5 hours
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 5:31 am

Usually about 3-5 hours.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:20 am

Are you kidding me?

This summer I went to visit my parents' house, where my brother had been home alone for a week. I checked his PS3 out of boredom and saw that he had played for 36 cocking hours during that week, and he told me that he wasn't getting bored at all.

It's a very fun, very time-consuming RPG with a big world and lots of fun quests and characters.

Personally, I enjoyed Fallout 3 more than Oblivion, mostly because I hated fighting in Oblivion, and the menu system was a little confusing. Still a great game, though.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:51 pm

Oblivion is awesome. The game world is much more interesting than Fallout 3's, and it's probably my favourite 'next-gen' game so far. Well, it's one of them at least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:37 pm

This game never appealed to me.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:41 pm

Vergil wrote:
This game never appealed to me.
^this, tried it, was really confused by it, turned it off, and got kicked off the computer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:44 pm

I didn't even play it.

I just saw them talking about it while I was flicking through channels.

I was like, "this looks shitty. no one should be playing this"
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:19 pm

It's an Action RPG. And you can ALMOST do anything. You can rob shit, Kill people. Just don't let the guard catch you. >_> You'll have to pay in gold, jail time, or blood. And 10 to 1, If you pay in blood, You end up dead because ALL of the guards are 10 levels above you ALL THE TIME!!!

Atleast with Fallout 3, Even when you were level 2, You probably already had the gunpower to take down a fucking army. Cool
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Guards? Fuck that, work your way to Archmage, then you can make your own spells. If you know what you're doing, you can create spells of such power that whole groups of powerful foes are reduced to dust in seconds.

Or, as you alluded too, go the Vampire route - sure, you can only move at night, but you do get Hunter's Vision (night vision and Predator style infra red all in one) and your stats go through the roof. You can one shot those mofos before they know you're there, then use your vampiric powers to leap over roofs they simply can't reach, or just turn yourself invisible and watch as they run around looking for you. Great, great game.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:43 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Fuck that, one shot those mofos
Oh my god, is it that good?
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:01 pm

Kaede wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:
Fuck that, one shot those mofos
Oh my god, is it that good?
Yeppers

The create-a-character is cash.

You can be a lizard that can practically LIVE in the water, A dark-blue skinned elf (Dunmer/Dark Elf) that can summon an ancestral ghost, or even a pale skinned Master of Magic called a Breton (My fav race, A Vampiric Breton rules all. Cool )
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:08 pm

I tend to spend most of my time as a vampire, because even at the lowest level you get a +5 boost to your basic stats. As the disease takes hold (by not feeding), that can increase by up to +25, enabling superhuman feats, though it does also mean sunlight kills you very quickly, and most locals who look at you will suss you out pretty quickly... the longer you leave it, the more gaunt you get, the longer your fangs grow, and the redder your eyes turn. Still, a high level character, well equipped, affected by Vampirism and having not fed four five or so days is immensely powerful, especially when backed up by a few decent spells.

Christ, all this is making me want to go back and pick the game up again... it's the only 360 game I bought all the DLC for, and I still never did the alternative route in the Shivering Isles. That said, maybe 150 hours is enough, you think? Smile
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:13 pm

I'm aiming to graduate The Arcane University and then turn Vamp after I get all the spells I wanna get. Cool I'd be the Dio Brando of Tamriel.

Too bad Vampires age 20 years instead of turning sexier like in some movies. Sad
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:27 pm

Just looking over some of the walkthroughs on GameFAQs, and I'd forgotten how awesome some of the sidemissions were. Dark Brotherhood FTW!
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:49 am

The only Guild I never got to join was The Thieves Guild. >_> And that's because I never feel like going to Jail.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 4:51 am

if you want to max stats you have to do efficient leveling which takes a lot of patience
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 6:30 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
well i guess thats cool

i just hate it when you have to play really long games twice

You hate games with lots of replay value? That's one of the reasons I love RPGs; they last for ages, and most of them yield different things on each playthrough.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 2:02 am

SimianWonder wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
well i guess thats cool

i just hate it when you have to play really long games twice

You hate games with lots of replay value? That's one of the reasons I love RPGs; they last for ages, and most of them yield different things on each playthrough.

not at all
i just hate replaying long slow paced games
i mean i replay dynasty warriors games to death
i think i clocked up 60 hours + on gundam dynasty warriors and yet to get 100% complete and actually i'm very far away from it o_O

but that lets me blow shit up from beginning to end
RPGs tend to have traipsing from a to b for a long amount of time only semi skippable speech in some cases and sometimes so much happens you kinda have to listen to it one a second play through to make sure you do everything

with an rpg things are very similar on two playthroughs
even if you have two different class warriors there not like amazingly different, although it can be good for RPGs which are good enough to warrant a second playthrough

honestly i've not played many rpgs twice albeit that probably is JRPGs but i don't think i've played a western one before i mean this might be way more fun to play twice
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 8:53 am

This game is incredibly fun, and luckily, there are way more people than in Fallout, which is a relief.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 10:14 pm

I've owned Oblivion for a long time... I actually have the expansion and all the DLC, although I've turned off some of the ones I never use or find annoying.

Fuck you, Knights of the Nine! I like having infamy and I want my fucking shrine bonuses!
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 11:09 pm

Quote :
even if you have two different class warriors there not like amazingly different, although it can be good for RPGs which are good enough to warrant a second playthrough

Granted most JRPGs tend to be linear, yet most decent WRPGs are set up to be different each time around, and it's one of the reasons I rate Bioware's titles so highly; each class does play completely differently, and the games are stuctured to react to your character, meaning that seemingly inconsequential decisions can very quickly snowball. Heck, in Dragon Age, you can kill half your would-be party members before you ever get the chance to recruit them, simply with a careless choice of dialogue, and you'd probably never know you'd done it until you played through a second time.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 12:26 am

SimianWonder wrote:
Quote :

Granted most JRPGs tend to be linear, yet most decent WRPGs are set up to be different each time around, and it's one of the reasons I rate Bioware's titles so highly; each class does play completely differently, and the games are stuctured to react to your character, meaning that seemingly inconsequential decisions can very quickly snowball. Heck, in Dragon Age, you can kill half your would-be party members before you ever get the chance to recruit them, simply with a careless choice of dialogue, and you'd probably never know you'd done it until you played through a second time.

thats kinda cool but would probably wind me up if they were cool characters

uh i'll give either this or fallout a shot at some point
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: elder scrolls IV oblivion   elder scrolls IV oblivion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

elder scrolls IV oblivion
Page 1 of 1