Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)

Go down 
+5
brandon
Rockstar_Sinistar
Kimarous
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Empty
PostSubject: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:12 am

but damn i was seriously wrong
admittedly the intro section was absolute bullshit and i doubt i'm that interested in the main story
but its quite clear that the main story is certainly not the main point of the game strangely o_O

as soon as i got out of the sewers I was surrounded by an awesome view just showing me how wide and epic the scale of this world is, and when i realised the possiblities for character creation i couldn't believe it
this game is actually overwhelming and i can't believe its almost 3 years old, this game was way ahead of its time the visuals are great aside from the generally ugly faces of most of the ppl in the game thats probably my only gripe, being able to change between 2nd and 1st person cams is nice to

it looks like theres no reason why you couldn't learn every spell and technique in this game for a character as it seems that how much you grind is really up to you although the levelling system looks kinda complex, but thats more based around stats so will determine the kick your spells have but considering various classes will buff you in various stats i guess this is still very possible

effectively having played this game for around 5 hours or more mainly walking around one town theres still lots of places to explore abd ppl i haven't spoken to
this is obviously including me talking to ppl, trying to rob every person i see, trying to run a few simple errands and generally being a dick in as many ways as possible but the fact the imperial city in this game is that huge with that many NPCs just gives you a feel of the scale of this game

combat is probably a little slow but i'm a archer so i'm basically killing things from a distance so i can't really comment on that, mages look fun i'm not so sure about melee or what abilities they unlock
either way if you haven't played this i recommend you check it out i heard its more accessible then morrowind so may be worth a look even if you didn't like that
just borrow this if you can its probably around the price of a rental as its dirt cheap now and is around 300 hours worth of game from what i hear so its well worth the money
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 4:33 pm

I thought it looked boring too, so I never bought it. >_>

But these massive RPGs always seem boring to me. They always seem aimless and lacking purpose.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 6:28 pm

The best series of quests is the Dark Brotherhood. To join, you need to kill someone in cold blood; you'll be contacted the next time you sleep.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 6:42 pm

The best person to kill in cold blood is the fisherman in Weye, In front of the Imperial City Bridge. Wait until Night time and off him in his sleep.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:37 pm

i have more than 200 hours and i haven't completed the main quest yet
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:02 am

True, You can do anything. But with the guard acting as the law enforcers (Who are ALWAYS 10 levels ahead of your character.) you still are pretty much playing the "Don't get caught" game if you're playing "that" kind of character. (Which is perfect for trying to be an Assassin's Creed knock-off character.)
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:05 am

Except for the fact that Oblivion was around before AC.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:12 am

You want to be using magic that reduces elemental resistance. That way you can spam fireballs at something and each hit will do much more damage.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:18 am

Whenever I play as a Breton, I always go for long lasting Paralyse spells. Then I'd use that elemental thingy BD mentioned, Then I'd spam absorb health until they died. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:50 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

But these massive RPGs always seem boring to me. They always seem aimless and lacking purpose.

This.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:22 am

BART GET OUT IM PISS wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

This.

well you basically join a lot of factions and decide which faction you want to join
theres a bunch of ways of tackling problems i.e. breaking in you could pickpocket a key, pick a lock, use magic to force a door open or you could enter while the person is there and sneak or you could use magic/potions to hide your presence, you could also just stealth kill the person but thats not really being a thief

the greatest thing about the game is it really feels like a living breathing world, you can buy houses, be a assasin, a thief, a gladiator and various other things i have only got so far, you can complete tasks for ppl
every single character has a specific like or dislike to you and will act appropriately
you can customise your character to look like anything and this will effect how ppl talk to you some disliking certain races more then others
its probably possible to get throuhg the game without killing many ppl either which is always a nice option
every action you take will help to develop how your character grows
theres a huge amount of dungeons and it would literally just take dozens of hours to fully explore the map if you were being thorough
oh yeah and this gae is dirt cheap and comes with two expansions

theres probably loads i missed out to but if that interested you i'll answer any questions
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:27 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
oh yeah and this gae is dirt cheap and comes with two expansions

That's true. Hell, I got the Platinum GOTY version for free.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:23 am

I need to get through this then i'll buy fallout 3 GOTY
i doubt i'll bother with new vegas till a price drop
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 4:11 am

The Dark Brotherhood is definitely awesome to work for.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:51 am

Superbuu3 wrote:

Bear in mind that NV has everything Fallout 3 has as well as a bunch of features requested by the community like 'hardcore realism' modes and weapon modding.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:56 am

Michael Atkinson wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

Bear in mind that NV has everything Fallout 3 has as well as a bunch of features requested by the community like 'hardcore realism' modes and weapon modding.

its still a great game though right?

i mean i won't miss those things unless a play New Vegas first?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:46 am

That's true, you can't miss something you've never had. It might actually enhance NV for you when you get around to playing it.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 5:37 am

i prefer oblivion over F3
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 7:33 am

settings and people
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 7:34 am

i like the leveling system in fallout 3 more though
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:34 am

Broken_Butterfly wrote:
i like the leveling system in fallout 3 more though
Because it actually makes sense unlike the shitheap of a stats system Oblivion has.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 6:07 am

I rented the game the other day. It's kinda boring despite all the freedom the game has given you.

I also don't like the engine it runs on. The game feels like some PC game from like a decade ago despite looking pretty, then again I have been playing with mostly the 3rd person settings since I don't really like FPS all that much, it probably feels better with the normal settings used. Also I wish the horses didn't move so damn slow and that it didn't lag as you travel across the map.
Back to top Go down
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:28 am

I decided to have a break from Just Cause 2 and fired this up. Haven't played it in ages (completed all except the Shivering Isles on the PS3) and bought the GOTY version on 360 when it was cheap. (Pretty much a complete repeat of what I did with Fallout 3 other than not getting all that far on the PS3).

I had only put in about 7 hours before (mostly in 2006 on 360!). Wanted to get the Water Breathing helmet but discovered that it was a random treasure so found out about a special helmet called Finn Gleam (breathe under water, night vision and detect life). Had to get a breathe underwater spell first to enable me to locate it. Which involved levelling a skill to enable me to use it.

I had forgotten how to level up (doh!) and by the time I got around to sleeping I had gained 4 levels. Conjuring up a Skeleton enough times got me another level. As usual I Sneak pretty much everywhere as it is such a useful skill. I tend to spam the spells for levelling while walking as well provided I am in a town.

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:34 am

i need to do the main quewst at somepoint.

Also sora you would hate this game if you played in TP its not meant for that i only used it when travelling.
Back to top Go down
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:25 am

Well, having made use of some suitable spells I am now Master of Illusion and Conjuring. Journeyman in some of the others. Still working towards a Journeyman of Sneak. Now put in about 10 hours over the 7 I already did in 2006 and am now Level 17 courtesy of the spell spamming.

Downloaded the Wizards Tower as it seemed useful. Now (of course) in desperate need of some money so I may visit my favourite place for getting goodies down South and see how I get on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)   I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I thought this looked boring... (oblivion first impressions)
Page 1 of 1