Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Prestige Review - Superbuu3

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

The Prestige Review - Superbuu3 Empty
PostSubject: The Prestige Review - Superbuu3   The Prestige Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 3:40 pm

Don't think many of you have seen this so I will write a small review here.

First up lets look at the cast line-up. We have Hugh Jackman in a role where he looks considerably more girly then normal, Christian Bale pretending to be english o_O (ok he's actually alright), Michael Caine and the sexy Scarlett Johanson (seriously i think she's ugly, but meh). So we have wolverine batman, wolverine and alfred how awesome is that.

The prestige is one of those films which starts with the end and then shows all the events that lead up to it. Just to leave you a suprise I won't really comment on what said beginning end is about. Basically we have the story of two magicians trying to out do each other. I guess if your into magic this would appeal to you in that sense. The film is entertaining as a whole and will be an interesting mystery to most. Personally I managed to work out the ending by about the midpoint at the film, but thats not to say it wasn't entertaining nonetheless.

The film was interesting despite the fact that I predicted the ending. The reason being that the performances by the actors in the film is great. If you wanna watch a film where you can really appreciate the acting and the show put on by the cast then this is for you. This also is a rare example of a unique premise in a film, in a hollywood that is getting overidden by the same story told in a slightly different way (normally just by changing the protagonist's hair colour Razz). If you want a film thats entertaining and will keep you occupied beginning to end or just to watch something just a little bit different I highly recommend this film. Just keep in mind this film is nothing groundbreaking, but it allows you to see some actors in a different role to the norm. Seeing Hugh Jackman in X-men personally made me forget he actually was a good actor due to the poorly written scripts of those films and this is just another example of why Christian Bale is great.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: The Prestige Review - Superbuu3   The Prestige Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:59 pm

fyi Christian Bale is Welsh-born English actor.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The Prestige Review - Superbuu3   The Prestige Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:01 pm

I thought the film was a little dull to be honest. I was waiting for some incredible twist at the end to make it all worthwhile, but instead we get a Scooby Doo ending.

That said, both Bale and Jackman were quite convincing, even if Scarlett Johannsen once again proved that she thinks pouting = acting.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Prestige Review - Superbuu3   The Prestige Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:10 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Seeing Hugh Jackman in X-men personally made me forget he actually was a good actor due to the poorly written scripts of those films

Poor scripts?! The first two X-Men are one of the best superhero movies out there!

And stop insulting Scarlett. Mad
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Prestige Review - Superbuu3   The Prestige Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 12:54 am

Roronoa Kaio wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Seeing Hugh Jackman in X-men personally made me forget he actually was a good actor due to the poorly written scripts of those films

Poor scripts?! The first two X-Men are one of the best superhero movies out there!

And stop insulting Scarlett. Mad
scarlett mings

and the x-men movies were nothing special
aside from the awesome nightcrawler scene
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Prestige Review - Superbuu3   The Prestige Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 12:54 am

Flash wrote:
really?

learn something new every day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Prestige Review - Superbuu3   The Prestige Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 12:58 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Flash wrote:
really?

learn something new every day

Yeah, he affects an American accent when he plays Batman.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Prestige Review - Superbuu3   The Prestige Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 1:07 am

lol thats funny
but the accent in the prestige souds put on
Back to top Go down
zeik2012
Deck Hand
zeik2012

PostSubject: Re: The Prestige Review - Superbuu3   The Prestige Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 12:02 pm

Well you win some you lose some. Christian Bale just happened to win with the two batman movies. Weird isn't it.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The Prestige Review - Superbuu3   The Prestige Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:30 am

I like the movie, best stuff in it is explaining the magic tricks
The trick with the gun Alfred proposed seemed good, but why was that guy who shot two of his fingers off pissed off?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Prestige Review - Superbuu3   The Prestige Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 7:43 pm

Elvis Presley wrote:
I like the movie, best stuff in it is explaining the magic tricks
The trick with the gun Alfred proposed seemed good, but why was that guy who shot two of his fingers off pissed off?
Can't remember that scene but wasn't someone actually drunk rather then fake drunk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Prestige Review - Superbuu3   The Prestige Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Prestige Review - Superbuu3
Page 1 of 1