Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Forbidden Kingdom Review - Superbuu3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

The Forbidden Kingdom Review - Superbuu3 Empty
PostSubject: The Forbidden Kingdom Review - Superbuu3   The Forbidden Kingdom Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 7:17 pm

Jacki Chan vs Jet Li

If that doesn't make you salivate you probably think this film isn't for you. Well this film is based on Journey to the West a fairly famous tale. The film is a westernised version of the tale and there have been some changes, not necessarily damaging to the story though.

The film tells a tale of a boy making a journey to effectively out end to someones tyranical reign, pretty much lord of the rings storyline (mind this story is way older). Anyway this is your typical quest film, people travelling from A to B with there fellowshi- *cough* i mean friends. Anyway the most important thing about these films is how people get from A to B.

Now if your a martial arts fan or someone who likes quest films this is definitely for you. The fact is the lead credits work against this film as much as it does for it. There is not too much fighting compared to an average film as the main character doesn't even fight. What we have here is a film that tries to blend genres and i think it does a pretty good job of it. There is also a mini love story, which as far as i remember is a completely made up one and nothing to do with the original tale.

Ok so for those of you who care I will say the big fight is actually a great one and i seriously hope this shuts up people who think jackie chan is not a true martial artist. In this film if you do not coming out thinking jackie chan > jet li i'll be suprised. Despite Jackie chan's superior age the fight is extremely fast and you wouldn't think either was technically superior. Its good to see Jackie chan fight Jet li in a fight that appears serious, with little to none of Jackie's typical running around and acrobatics. The fight is a straight out one. Jackie chan is genuinely the best character in the fillm and the probably the only one you care about. You can also see how much of an all round entertainer Jackie Chan is and how far is acting surpasses Jet Li.

Anyway this film is not for everyone, but it is indeed something that people will appreciate even if they think its not their type of film. If you think you might like it you most probably will. Either way if you got the time this is worth a watch.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

The Forbidden Kingdom Review - Superbuu3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Kingdom Review - Superbuu3   The Forbidden Kingdom Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 7:21 pm

I GIVE IT A

Out of

Back to top Go down

The Forbidden Kingdom Review - Superbuu3
Page 1 of 1