Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections?   Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 1:11 am

I did back in 2000 with WWE Wrestlemania 2000 for the N64. What I did was spent time on character creation mode to create presidential candidates George W. Bush and Al Gore. Then I concentrated on the Vice Presidents and the first ladies.

Anyway, I got done with them, created a pay-per-view event, and set up a cage match between Bush/Cheney and Gore/Lieberman. The Bush and Cheney team won the event, and I found out that later on, they won the elections.

I didn't do one for the 2004 elections, but I'm going to do one with the 2008 elections between Obama and McCain using Smackdown vs. RAW 2008. And my idea is, who ever wins that fight, wins the presidency. What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections?   Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 1:14 am

lol
post a vid if you can
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections?   Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 1:16 am

I'd love to... if I knew how. However, I can tell you the results of that match once it's over, and the characters are created (looks like I got my work cut out for me tonight).
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections?   Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 1:19 am

Apparently, someone already did that for me, but I don't know if they did that on Legend mode and tweaking all the counters and such. I will make sure, however, like the poster, make sure that it's a computer fight too.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections?   Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 2:05 am

looked like obama was using the controller
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections?   Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 2:35 am

lmao! Talk about a "come from behind" victory. XD
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections?   Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 5:39 pm

Hey guys, I finished my run on SVR 2k8 a few hours ago. Here's how it went down...

Prologue (this may make good for a fanfic maybe)

Yesterday, I concentrated on creating CAWs in the images of Obama, Biden, McCain, and Palin. I did all their entrances (though using the Rock's theme, music, and moveset for Obama was obvious). Next, I concentrated on making all the moves easily countered/reversed (knowing how easy everything can be countered/reversed anyway). Next, I set the difficulty on Legend difficulty.

A few other things I did were to keep No DQ on, turned off TKO, and so on. Finally, I created two belts: One for the Presidency, and another to be used in tag teams (titled P&VP). And so, let the games begin.

Match I

For the first match, I decided to have a ladder match between Obama and McCain for the US Prez belt. Well, for the most part, that worked out fine. McCain was able to get in a few good hits on Obama before the other way around. Halfway through the match, Obama brought a ladder to the ring, and a couple of times he was able to throw McCain out of the ring from the top of the ladder. But he didn't stay in the ring to get a hold of the belt at the top. Instead, he went outside the ring to beat up McCain some more. And then towards the end, McCain gained the upperhand because he took every opportunity to hold on to the belt when Obama rarely did. And thus, the results of that match were different from the results of the actual election.

Match I winner-John McCain

Match II-Six Man Normal Tag: Obama, Biden, & Bill Clinton X McCain, Palin, and George W. Bush

The second match, well I didn't have much to say about it because they never really tried a pin count (Legend difficulty AI was worse than I thought). It took too long and I had to end the match. However, Obama and Co. won by default, imo, because Clinton kept doing low blows to Sarah Palin. And so, I figured that in this case, the winner would be decided by who did the most specials and succeed in landing them.

Winners-Obama, Biden, & Clinton (default)

Match III (The Main Event)-Normal Tag Team w/ Managers

Because of the fiasco with the second match, I decided to just do a normal tag-team match w/Managers. The P&VP belt was on the line, and it was between Obama/Biden w/ Manager Bill Clinton & McCain/Palin w/ Manager George W. Bush. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the match because some people needed help, and so I decided to keep the match going while I was gone. When I finally got back, Obama/Biden won like in the actual election.

Winners-Obama/Biden w/ Manager Bill Clinton

Epilogue

Now that everything was said and done, I'll add my commentary on the whole matter. I was surprised that McCain beat Obama in the first match, yet Obama beat McCain by a landslide last night in the real deal. Guess I can't rely on wrestling games 100% to determine our next President. But you know what, it was fun doing so anyway, and it brought back old memories of what I did back in 2000. And so, to conclude, since there were three matches, Obama and Co. won 2/3 matches, and there you have it.

Thanks for reading this long post, and sorry that it was long indeed. Hope you all enjoyed it.

Snake
Foxhound Commander
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections?   Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 5:53 pm

The game played out just like the election. McCain was winning at the start but, then Obama just kicked his ass at the end.
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections?   Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 5:54 pm

So what'd you think of that, Vergil?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections?   Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 5:56 pm

I think the game did a pretty good job at determining who would win.

COOL STUFF.
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections?   Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 5:57 pm

Sorta wish I was able to watch that third match, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections?   Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever tried using wrestling games to determine who'd win presidential elections?
Page 1 of 1