Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him.

Go down 
+4
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
Kaede
Baal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him. Empty
PostSubject: Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him.   Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:50 am

Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him.   Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:51 pm

I thought this was ancient news? Or was it the other way around?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him.   Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:32 pm

Japan refuses to acknowledge things until one of their big guys up and says something. The same thing happened whenever the creator of Cowboy Bebop trashed the then current anime crap going on in 2007 for not actually trying to make good anime and just making crap like Lucky Star and K-On so the otakus will eat it up more.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him.   Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:34 pm

I'm such a big fan of this guy, thats even an understatement. I loved this line:

"To put it in an extreme fashion, Americans like games where you have a gun and you're shooting at space aliens," he said. "If you don't understand why that's fun, then you shouldn't be making games for the world market; you don't need to. I mean, Japanese people might say 'Why space aliens?', but Americans will counter with 'What's with these games featuring these feminine-looking boys fighting in Japan with these huge swords?' It's no wonder the target audience for a lot of games is getting so compartmentalized."
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him.   Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:24 pm

Baal wrote:
Japan refuses to acknowledge things until one of their big guys up and says something. The same thing happened whenever the creator of Cowboy Bebop trashed the then current anime crap going on in 2007 for not actually trying to make good anime and just making crap like Lucky Star and K-On so the otakus will eat it up more.

But you like Lucky Star. Besides, K-On has great animation and a light-hearted soundtrack, I just went in expecting a music anime, instead I got a gold coated poop.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him.   Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:26 pm

Kaede wrote:
Baal wrote:

But you like Lucky Star. Besides, K-On has great animation and a light-hearted soundtrack, I just went in expecting a music anime, instead I got a gold coated poop.

I have not liked Lucky Star in about 3 years, where did you get this idea from.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him.   Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:27 pm

Baal wrote:
Kaede wrote:
Baal wrote:

I have not liked Lucky Star in about 3 years, where did you get this idea from.

Your ancient Youtube channel.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him.   Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:29 pm

What ancient youtube channel? The one that got banned eons ago?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him.   Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 10:51 pm

Kaede wrote:
Besides, K-On has great animation
It does?
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him.   Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:33 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
I'm such a big fan of this guy, thats even an understatement. I loved this line:

"To put it in an extreme fashion, Americans like games where you have a gun and you're shooting at space aliens," he said. "If you don't understand why that's fun, then you shouldn't be making games for the world market; you don't need to. I mean, Japanese people might say 'Why space aliens?', but Americans will counter with 'What's with these games featuring these feminine-looking boys fighting in Japan with these huge swords?' It's no wonder the target audience for a lot of games is getting so compartmentalized."

I wondered why people complained about FFXIII haveing a girl lead. I mean even if it was going to be a dude he would just looked like a chick anyway. It changed nothing. Instead having a dude that kinga looked and acted like a chick, you had a chick that kinda looked and acted like a man. I wanna visit japan to seee these crazy sexes with my own eyes.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him.   Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 2:13 am

Kaede wrote:
Baal wrote:

I'm pretty sure you've bitched about k-on and named it specifically as being shit now your complimenting its production values?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him.   Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 3:09 am

Ellis wrote:
I wondered why people complained about FFXIII haveing a girl lead.

Some people just don't like playing as a woman.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him.   Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 3:16 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Ellis wrote:
I wondered why people complained about FFXIII haveing a girl lead.

Some people just don't like playing as a woman.
Seriously people are that sexist?
Humanity sickens me.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him.   Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:22 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Kaede wrote:
It does?

Superbuu3 wrote:
Kaede wrote:
Baal wrote:

I'm pretty sure you've bitched about k-on and named it specifically as being shit now your complimenting its production values?

KyoAni make pretty damned amazing animation considering they don't outsource to Korea. K-On and Nichijou (just to have two examples) don't need good animation, one is just as mediocre without it, and one is just as great without it, but they do. KyoAni almost always have great animation. Just look at the musicla sequence in Haruhi.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him.   Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:00 am

i love playing as a woman
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him.   Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:18 pm

Kaede wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Kaede wrote:
It does?

Superbuu3 wrote:
Kaede wrote:
Baal wrote:

KyoAni make pretty damned amazing animation considering they don't outsource to Korea. K-On and Nichijou (just to have two examples) don't need good animation, one is just as mediocre without it, and one is just as great without it, but they do. KyoAni almost always have great animation. Just look at the musicla sequence in Haruhi.
Is this your way of telling us, your actually really into the same crap as Paul? Even though you bagged on it earlier?

You used to be cool.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him.   Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:22 pm

She just said she hated K-On, but you can't deny the production values behind it. Kind of like '00s Disney where it all looked fantastic, but the actual content was terrible.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him.   Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:34 pm

I don't get it. I'm looking at this K-On thing right now and its animation looks as choppy and limited as in most anime. It doesn't look as static and cheap as Toei productions are but it's still lousy. Did the quality get better as the series progressed or something?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him.   Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:38 pm

Specific scenes in anime always look better than the "regular" stuff. There's a musical scene in Haruhi that has honest to god lip-synch, so I assume it's the same with K-On. But in the end it's still moe crap so ehhhh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him.   Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hideo Kojima talks about why Japan needs to stop trying to make games more targeted towards Americans and just make good games, he's cool, I like him.
Page 1 of 1