Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Games getting easier.

Go down 
+7
Snake
Lucifer 9999
Superbuu3
nununuoka
A_Nonny_Moose
Dirjel
Calamity
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nununuoka
Skypiea Priest
nununuoka

Games getting easier. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:24 pm

Kinda odd how in some of the games you treat like that, you end up liking it when going back to it.
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:27 pm

True, going back to playing games you enjoyed long ago is like finding a long, lost friend, like how I rediscovered Final Fantasy IV... except on the GBA.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
nununuoka
Skypiea Priest
nununuoka

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:31 pm

I meant games you never enjoyed the first time but when you come back and give it another shot you end up enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:34 pm

Yes, and yet, RE2 was the only game that I ever had that experience with.
Back to top Go down
nununuoka
Skypiea Priest
nununuoka

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:43 pm

I have quite a few. I just can't recall them now.

Ah, yes, Mega Man Legends, among others.
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:43 pm

That's not a completely easy game, but it's a good one, nevertheless.
Back to top Go down
Fran
General Zombie
Fran

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:44 pm

An excellent game, if I do say so myself.
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:48 pm

Weren't a lot of PSX games great at the time? Like Dino Crisis, Metal Gear Solid, Tekken 3... Resident Evil 3 Nemesis, even?
Back to top Go down
Fran
General Zombie
Fran

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:49 pm

Tekken 3, not so much, but everything else, yes.

Last edited by Trigger Walnut on Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Brr...)
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:51 pm

And they all were made about 10 years ago... Ah, those were the good old days. And then the PS2 came and I was blown away by Castlevania-Lament of Innocence (the game that made me want a PS2 in the 1st place).
Back to top Go down
nununuoka
Skypiea Priest
nununuoka

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:04 pm

Really? I thought it was okay but Castlevania is better off sidescrolled. It just doesn't feel... the same.

I remember trying MML for the first time back in the day and I'm like "what is this shit it's making me dizzy" but then it came to the point that I wanted to give it another shot. I was 10 I think.
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:06 pm

nununuoka wrote:
Really? I thought it was okay but Castlevania is better off sidescrolled. It just doesn't feel... the same.

I remember trying MML for the first time back in the day and I'm like "what is this shit it's making me dizzy" but then it came to the point that I wanted to give it another shot. I was 10 I think.

About LoI, that's understandable, but I play the older ones too, and I guess that's why I favor Castlevania-The Dracula X Chronicles for PSP.
Back to top Go down
nununuoka
Skypiea Priest
nununuoka

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:10 pm

I got that game because of SotN >_>
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:13 pm

Yes, SotN is great as well, regardless of what version it is. I do think that the PSP version is the most complete even more so than the Saturn version. I liked the Rondo remake as well because it puts Richter and Maria's story into better context, and Richter looks less like Ryu in that edition too. You can check my Gamefaqs screenshots of the game to further prove my point.
Back to top Go down
nununuoka
Skypiea Priest
nununuoka

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:21 pm

Links?

The only thing I did not like about the SotN for PSP is the changed voices.
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:24 pm

Yeah, hang on a sec for the links.

As for the voice acting, I didn't mind it, as I thought it made more sense. I was even more surprised when Yuri Lowenthal voiced Alucard (has this guy not voiced any major characters lately outside of the Main Character in Persona 3 and Cecil in Final Fantasy IV for the DS?)
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:27 pm

Games getting easier. - Page 2 Gfs_84501_2_14
Games getting easier. - Page 2 Gfs_84501_2_11
Games getting easier. - Page 2 Gfs_84501_2_12

Those were the photos I did for Gamefaqs, and some are even hosted at the Castlevania Dungeon (no longer updated Sad )
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:32 pm

Snake6782 wrote:

As for the voice acting, I didn't mind it, as I thought it made more sense. I was even more surprised when Yuri Lowenthal voiced Alucard (has this guy not voiced any major characters lately outside of the Main Character in Persona 3 and Cecil in Final Fantasy IV for the DS?)
[b]

O_O

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Why didn't Crispin Freeman voice him?! Or Alucard's original VA from Symphony of Night?! Why fucking Lowenthal?!
Back to top Go down
nununuoka
Skypiea Priest
nununuoka

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:36 pm

Snake6782 wrote:

Whoa, surprising indeed. Meh, I just missed Alucard's old voice. And I was expecting Die Monster! You don't belong in this world! But to my demise. . .

Those are some nice screens. I have yet to continue my file for it since my attention was diverted by... Patapon. lol
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:42 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:
Snake6782 wrote:

[b]

O_O

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Why didn't Crispin Freeman voice him?! Or Alucard's original VA from Symphony of Night?! Why fucking Lowenthal?!

That's alright, I heard that Crispin Freeman voiced Dracula in DXC, but I also heard long ago that Freeman doesn't remember doing it, denying it even. Yet he voiced Mathias Cronqvist in LoI, who in an interview with IGA, is said to be Dracula later on. So, this would've made it his second time. And I think Dave Wittenburg's second time being a Belmont (his first being Leon in LoI).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Games getting easier.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2