Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Games getting easier.

Go down 
+7
Snake
Lucifer 9999
Superbuu3
nununuoka
A_Nonny_Moose
Dirjel
Calamity
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Calamity
First Mate
Calamity

Games getting easier. Empty
PostSubject: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 9:26 am

Is it just me or does it seem that video games are getting easier then they used to be?
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 9:47 am

Naw, dude. You're just becoming more 1337!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:01 am

Well, they're getting more complicated, so a consistent difficulty surve might be harder to implement (just guessing). Older games usually had very simple gameplay, so making them harder or easier presumably would have been simpler. Now a lot more effort goes into content, graphics, varied gameplay, enemy AI, etc, etc.

It's probably the varied gameplay that makes them feel easier as well. Rather than having to run and jump at everything, you get skills or weapons designed to takedown specific enemies.

Eh, I don't know what I'm talking about really. You still get incredibly difficult games every now and then.
Back to top Go down
nununuoka
Skypiea Priest
nununuoka

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:13 am

I have to say though, despite the technological advancements in graphics, very little has improved in the subject of AI.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 2:56 pm

I agree with the AI comment

well i think games are easier but thats more because the player has more moves at there disposal
there is also the fact that lots of games allow you to save anywhere now
that kinda makes things really really easy
I guess the whole thing of getting rid of lives in games is another
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Lucifer 9999
Skypiea Priest
Lucifer 9999

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 2:59 pm

Games should be like the first Mario game, 1st power, grow up, second power throw crappy fireballs

Thats it
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 6:46 pm

I still play Sonic 3 and Mario 3 fairly regularly XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:26 pm

Actually they went from hard, to easy, to normal, and now its a mix >_>
Back to top Go down
Calamity
First Mate
Calamity

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:20 pm

Dirjel wrote:
I still play Sonic 3 and Mario 3 fairly regularly XD
I still play Sonic 3 as well. It's one of my fav Sonic games.
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 5:30 pm

The best and hardest games I played during the SNES era were Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-Turtles in Time and Final Fantasy IV (II when it first came out in America). I beat both without a strategy guide, and the last time I did that, for the most part, was with my first playthrough of Persona 3 FES.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:27 pm

nununuoka wrote:
I have to say though, despite the technological advancements in graphics, very little has improved in the subject of AI.

And Star Ocean/Tales is proof of that.

AI is DUMB in those games.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:46 pm

Snake6782 wrote:
The best and hardest games I played during the SNES era were Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-Turtles in Time and Final Fantasy IV (II when it first came out in America). I beat both without a strategy guide, and the last time I did that, for the most part, was with my first playthrough of Persona 3 FES.
Streets of rage 2 on mania to this day is the hardest thing i've ever played
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:17 pm

I haven't had a chance to play Streets of Rage 2 on Mania mode, but I did play the game. Then again, games like that are always hard to some degree in any difficulty level. I learned that from the Final Fight games on the SNES and TMNT IV on the hardest difficulty level.
Back to top Go down
Mewmaster
You're lying Dammit!
Mewmaster

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:39 pm

I played MegaMan Star Force 2.Easy.
I go play MegaMan Battle Network 3. HARD AS HELL!

Calamity brings a good point.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:45 pm

Rockman Games have never really been that difficult.

That or I'm a natural.

But still.

Rockman EXE wasn't all that hard until I had to fight Forte. Same with the last few.
Back to top Go down
Mewmaster
You're lying Dammit!
Mewmaster

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:49 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:
Rockman Games have never really been that difficult.

That or I'm a natural.

But still.

Rockman EXE wasn't all that hard until I had to fight Forte. Same with the last few.

Well considering how used I was to one style of gameplay...
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:52 pm

I'm versatile and I a adapt. I don't bitch about the gameplay like several other people.
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:15 pm

With a lot of games, that'd be the only way to beat them. I especially learned that in God of War in God Mode, and Professional Mode in Resident Evil 4. Fortunately, I ended up beating both, but it wasn't easy, especially GoW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:04 pm

RE4 on professional was easy except for the cut scenes for me >_>
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:05 pm

Snake6782 wrote:
With a lot of games, that'd be the only way to beat them. I especially learned that in God of War in God Mode, and Professional Mode in Resident Evil 4. Fortunately, I ended up beating both, but it wasn't easy, especially GoW.

GoWII's Titan Mode is impossible. Well not impossible but pretty damn hard!
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 3:01 pm

I haven't played God of War II yet. I sort of lost interest in the series for some reason after playing the demo version of God of War-Chains of Olympus for the PSP. Now don't get me wrong, Chains of Olympus was a great game from what I played of it, but again, I lost interest in it, and I have yet to figure out why.
Back to top Go down
nununuoka
Skypiea Priest
nununuoka

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 4:39 pm

I on the other hand, have no interest in GoW in general.
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:11 pm

It's not your type of game, I take it.
Back to top Go down
nununuoka
Skypiea Priest
nununuoka

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:16 pm

I was half kidding. I haven't played a single GoW game. Tried it on a friend's place once; didn't like it.
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:19 pm

That's how I used to feel about the first time I played Resident Evil 2 when it first came out. But I later played it a second time, and more seriously, and I have enjoyed it ever since. Yet, I haven't played it on a regular basis in 2-3 years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games getting easier.   Games getting easier. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Games getting easier.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next