Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warframe Raziels Domain

Go down 
+2
SimianWonder
Superbuu3
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Warframe Raziels Domain Empty
PostSubject: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 8:20 pm

OK so I started playing Warframe on PS4 its free to play.

I'm just playing with one other person and starting a clan, apparently the bigger the clan the more things cost so I just want a small clan. Anyway if anyone is up for joining the current clan size is up to 10. The ideas in the game are nice although its not without its flaws due to the free to play model, long time interest will be determined by how hard it is to obtain the other warframes, but its certainly fun from the outset.

Anyway, anyone want to play let me know.

We literally get to build our own clan base which seems very cool and tedious at the same time, I'd rather not play with strangers.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 9:09 am

I'm always wary of the "free-to-play" model, especially when PS store lists packs available for the game that cost well over a hundred quid. They leave a very sour taste in the mouth.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 1:08 pm

Where were you years ago when Neo and I were playing this? Such an anti-bro, Buu.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 3:10 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
I'm always wary of the "free-to-play" model, especially when PS store lists packs available for the game that cost well over a hundred quid.  They leave a very sour taste in the mouth.

You can get everything in game easily enough, if you wanna play let me know I'll get you everything you need, all the best stuff in the game you only get as drops, the paying system only gets you mid tiered stuff.

I'm making a clan base currently and I think in a while I'll have access to some of the more unique stuff. Either way there doestn' seem to be the problems that other free to play games are plagued with. The only issue i have is inventory space but you can use the platinum in the free ps plus pack to get enough slots (do not spend any platinum before talking to me though as you'll likely waste it).
Back to top Go down
xalas
Silver Peaks Golf Course
xalas

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 12:55 am

seeing as buu haasnt been playing long and i have well over 300 hours played on pc i believe i could be much more insightful. all platinum has its use yes you can get all weapons in game through various means but there are certain advantages to buying them in the store IE preinstalled with a reactor for double mod capacity. no you dont have to buy anything at all with real money but it does take time to farm for materials and making weapons and items in the foundry do take real world time to complete. there are tons of things to do and many ways to play,
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 4:45 pm

Well im doing pretty awesome at this xalas. I'm refusing to buy platinum, but I've already found a lot of prime pieces. Just missing one to get Volt Prime. I'm pretty close to getting Wu Kong I think so i'm happy.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 4:47 pm

It actually wasn't hard getting all the resources needed for the dojo at all.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 9:33 pm

This isn't too bad.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 7:06 pm

are you joining the clan moose?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 9:40 pm

I believe I already did.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 3:59 pm

Yeah we played this loads i'm going to play regularly but a bit less I think now I managed to get the clan tech to a good position and we got access to mostly everything. I'm still only like halfway through the game.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 2:17 am

This is quite good, although it's a a rough experience for a new player jumping in. It doesn't do a good job of explaining itself, and unless you buy platinum or get lucky and meet some players who know what they're doing, I could easily imagine new players being stuck with most of their original gear for a week or so and just getting bored. Or not knowing how to rank up, or how to get parts, or even not knowing some of the basic controls.

And I know it's F2P, but the build times are ridiculous. 12 hours, I can tolerate. It's shit, but it's free. But the warframes take 3 days. When I see that, I kind of don't want to play it. I could spend those 3 days working towards something, but I already spent time working towards the warframe. I almost want to not play at all for 3 days out of spite.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 10:26 am

Just started, opted for the Excalibur frame. Feels quite ninja-y, a bit like playing Hunter in Destiny. Still haven't got a clue what I'm meant to be doing, mind.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 11:31 am

Done roughly half a dozen missions, used a few mods, upgraded a few bits of gear and finally beat Vor freeing myself from the parasite thing he'd put on me.

Thing is, I'm now lost. The game tells me I'm free to do whatever I want, but gives me no indication of where would be sensible given my relatively low level 9 standing, and when I found a relay in the earth station that appeared to be full of vendors, merchants and factions, I cannot do anything with any of them. I know its not uncommon for MMOs, much less free-to-play games, but Nonny's quite right when he says the game does a shitty job of explaining itself sometimes.

So, err, any help much appreciated....
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 1:19 pm

You need to increase your Mastery level to trade. Press options and go up to your name, and select rank up. When the game tells you you need to be a certain rank to do stuff, it referring to your Mastery level, and not the level of your equipment. Though both are called "rank" in the game.

Otherwise just pick out some weapons you want from the market, buy the blue prints, and work on getting the materials.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 3:29 pm

I've got most of the frames now so i'm pretty happy about that. Its kinda cool that its possible to get loads of stuff in game even stuff thats not been available for ages.

Seems like we've got quite a nice litttle group going on this.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 6:54 pm

A new patch is out today and the release of a new warframe:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nezha

Patch is 11GB and there is a new weapon available in the clan dojo although we will need to research it.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 7:56 pm

The size of the update and the time restrictions on my playtime will likely mean I won't get on tonight. Hopefully the size of the patch means there's some good stuff incoming...?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 9:37 pm

Buu, you'll shout at me, I know you will, but... I spent some platinum.

I got a 50% discount on a Marketplace purchase as my daily reward, and knowing that buying a Warframe also nets you a Warframe slot, and comes with a reactor, both of which normally cost 20 plat each.

So, sue me, I bought Loki for 38 platinum.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 8:27 pm

Well its understandable, youd stil likley have wanted to just spend that platinum on warframe pieces. The difference between base loki and loki prime isnt too big at max level there's a 40 energy difference. I'm not sure how differences in the power strngth at base differs though. So it wont put you at a major deficit and as you said you basically just paid for the reactor and slot so its an easy way to get access to something decent from late game.

I must have personally spent around 250ish plat on extra slots though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 8:38 pm

I have 10 warframe slots which is enough right now. I can start selling the ones I won't ever use once they get filled up. Hopefully replace some of them with Primes.

Trading gets addictive in this game too. Had a good day yesterday. Started with a Rhino set, end with a Rhino set, Orthos set, and 15 extra plat. Plus a bit from that stance we found.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 5:59 pm

Ended up in a sortie with a Mastery 21 Vauban and a Mastery 19 Mag Prime. Vauban does some crazy stuff. It was mobile defense and regular defense and nothing got close to us. Afterwards they were both talking about how great Mag was. Apparently she and Volt are getting changed along with Ash in an upcoming patch.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 6:37 pm

Managed to farm enough Void missions to raise the Ducat for Primed Point Blank this morning, even though it currently cannot outrank my vanilla Point Blank (which is maxed at +90% shotgun damage). The thought of Tigris having an extra 165% damage is exciting though, it's already pretty much a one-shot on anything short of a boss.

Had to use a Forma today, not for a Warframe, but for New Loka to level from Rank 2 to Rank three. What's worse, I - perhaps stupidly - hadn't realised that using a blueprint actually consumes it as well. I'd assumed that once I had the blueprint, I could use it as long as I had the requisite components, though of course I now realise that this has not been true for any of the weapons or warframes I've built. Shows I've not been paying enough attention!

That said, I'd still like to try and grab Rhino Prime Chassis BP from Tower 3 Survival tomorrow - hopefully I can sell as a set and make enough plat to start looking at getting hold of Ember Prime or Frost Prime.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 5:26 pm

Had a good days trading today, which is far more compulsive than it has any right to be.

Sold off all my old Rhino Prime parts, which I had no need for, sold off some prime weapon parts and managed to get hold off Frost Prime for 260 plat and Trinity Prime for 140. Granted, I don't yet have all the materials need to actually build Trinity, but I can be working on those whilst I level up Frost. At least, once I've waited the required three and a half days to the bloody thing to finish building!

Okay, so I've now got zero plat left, but all in all that has to go down as a very solid days work.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 9:20 pm

How would you guys like this as our clan emblem (if we ever get one)?

Warframe Raziels Domain MH0NlTN
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warframe Raziels Domain   Warframe Raziels Domain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warframe Raziels Domain
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next