Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Destiny

Go down 
+8
Skip
Golden Boy
Neo
????
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Eevil-Psycho
testtubebaby
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 2:21 pm

my warlock is L18 atm, it'll take a while to get her up to 26/27 tho as armor is bought for each character so ill have to save up again to re-buy it
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 2:56 pm

I got on kinda late today because I had dinner out, usually I'd have finished most of my bounties by the time you guys invited me. If I don't end up raiding tomorrow I'll probably be around for stuff though.

E: This weeks heroic/nightfall is kinda tough though, I just cheesed the boss both times I did it. You need someone with a void fusion rifle, someone with a fire rocket and someone with a void rocket. All three players stay up the top of the boss room and you use the void/fire rockets in tandem to drop the shields of minotaurs and instantly kill them. After a couple are dead the boss will activate and a yellow HP minotaur will continuously spawn up the top, it's the job of the fusion rifle person to call it out and drop the shields so that the other two (who are now damaging the boss) can turn around and help finish it off.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 3:25 pm

i got a void rocket & a fire sniper
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 6:51 pm

That's a pretty dirty strategy. We tried to beat it normally and his minions would always kill us when the boss' health was down to 10-20%. At least I found 2-3 legendary engrams.
Perhaps I should have used radiance from the start instead of saving it for later, but with only 2 players, it'd be too risky.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 9:26 pm

new patch went live today, a lot of pissed off people now, they have patched the farming by making respawns every 40 seconds instead of distance from spawn point, also they have stopped the ascendant shards from dropping from the queens armor so no point doing those missions anymore
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 10:33 pm

They are also planning to nerf the autorifles and shotguns and buff thorn, bad juju and scout rifles. Fusion rifles will be the best then, until they nerf them too.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 8:16 am

I will be raiding tonight so I doubt I'll be able to do anything else unless my group stops early.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 1:50 pm

My group got up to the last pguIå90c3X[b:90c3]Ouaip, t'étais sur la liste. Je confirme.

J'ai supprimé les noms dont tu m'as causé et toute la clique de l'Hydre. J'écris à ce beau monde dans la soirée. Je raj
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 5:44 pm

seriously, no more shards from the queen thing? I have like 8 missions lined up now because I desperately need shards, guess I'll just junk them and forget it existed.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 6:32 pm

Killed the final raid boss last night, it was pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 5:59 pm

ive still not tried a raid yet, i started a warlock & got her to level 26 aswell as my hunter but i only have 1 purple armor & 1 yellow so when i get the arms n legs she will be 27/28.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 1:33 am

A guy in my raid made a video of our kill, isn't very dramatic but does a good job of showing the mechanics of the fight I think.

Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 8:35 am

does it change every week? im going in today because some of my clan want the trophy, ill be 27 by tonight but if its gonna be the same then at least ill have an idea of what to do with the boss
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 9:07 am

It's the same every week. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 12:29 pm

Why are your heads on fire and where can I find ascendant energies for upgrading weapons?

Also, I've been playing lots of pvp lately and I think it's somewhat annoying there are so many ways to kill someone in one hit. There is Striker's melee, various grenades, Bladedancer 's super, which lasts way too long and also increases their defense, Striker's super which has an enormous hitbox and makes them invincible until it's over and they can move again, Voidwalker's ranged super, heavy weapons, shotguns from up close (but dash -> slide -> shoot can be quite effective even from mid range), fusion rifles and head shots with the snipers.
And fuck the Suros Regime auto rifle. I got killed by this weapon from the other side of the map. Why did Bungie give so much range and stability to an autorifle?

Class balance it's overall decent though. Probably because they aren't all that different.

Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 12:36 pm

ascendant energiess are gained from a few ways, dismantling purple/yellow weapons will net you 3-4, getting gold in public events can reward 1 or 2, some chests have them & also rewards from strikes etc can get you them.

many warlocks in PvP use the void walker instead of sunsinger, the thing you need to remember is everyone scales to the lowest player so use auto rifles all the time as your primary weapon but remember the bonusses from weapons stay so if i use my thorn you will take damage over time aswell as the original hit
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 7:40 pm

Quote :
many warlocks in PvP use the void walker instead of sunsinger,

Yeah, at first I also thought that Voidwalker was the better Warlock subclass for PvP, but I now think that Sunsinger is slightly better for Team Deathmatch, Free for All and 3vs3 as it gets two grenades which are one-hit kills (fusion grenade + gift of the sun) and the version of radiance that raises his defense is usually better than nova bomb. Voidwalker is arguably better for Control and maybe Salvage.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Golden Boy wrote:
Why are your heads on fire and where can I find ascendant energies for upgrading weapons?
The blue head fire is the Nightfall buff, the only reliable ways to get ascendant materials are dailies on high levels, weeklies, nightfall and the raid. Personally I'm sitting on almost 50 energies at this point and no shards, I could probably hit 29 if I had some.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 12:22 pm

Has Bungie nerfed the legendary engram drop rate? I haven't seen anyone get any lately and the drop rate at least atCrucible was pretty decent. It doesn't help that the Cryptarch is always trolling me by turning any legendary armor engram I give him into legendary or exotic chest pieces for Hunters. I want the Heart of Praxic Fire.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 12:52 pm

They made legendary engrams always give legendaries or exotics so I wouldn't be surprised if they also lowered the engram drop rate to ensure the overall 'economy' (not that there is one) remains the same. That said, nobody knows for sure and you could just be having bad luck. At least you got that exotic sniper though!
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 3:12 pm

Unfortunately, they still give ascendant stuff too and for me it's always ascendant shards of course. Also, not to sound ungrateful, but a legendary would have been better. I've 6 exotics and only 2 legendaries, so I can't even equip them! I'm still using a blue auto rifle.

Just noticed its perks. Thank you RNG.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 8:11 pm

ANY level on highest difficulty (28) gives +2 ascendent materials & the next highest (26) gives +1
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 4:16 pm

I'm really sorry about that Chou, I think the guy who was fireteam leader just kicked you while I was trying to work out if you could hear me. If it's any consolation they still didn't manage to kill the boss.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 4:23 pm

I don't mind at all. It's my fault for not paying attention and getting disoriented in that room (and for not using a headset,but to be honest, I don't really feel like talking to strangers).
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 5:14 pm

What kind of legs do you guy think the end-game will have? Will you still be playing in a few weeks, by which time I'll hopefully have caught up level-wise?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Destiny
Page 3 of 38Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 38  Next