Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony might be fucked

Go down 
+2
Skip
????
6 posters
AuthorMessage
????
Butter Bomb

Sony might be fucked Empty
PostSubject: Sony might be fucked   Sony might be fucked Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 8:26 pm

I didn't know where to post this since Sony isn't just a video game company, but what the hell do you guys know them from, TVS?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-06/sony-ceo-credibility-takes-hit-with-1-1-billion-loss-forecast.html

http://gaminrealm.com/2013/12/30/sony-79-chance-bankrupt-2-years/

But in all seriousness, being 79% to bankruptcy in the next 2 years is insane. Despite the PS4's so far successful launch, almost already ahead of the abysmal Wii U, it seems every year I heard about profit losses. Sure, this mostly doesn't have to to do with Playstation brand, but it's part of it a lot.

Though this might not be too shocking. With the ps3 only making a profit in 2012 (or was it 2013?), leaving it each year a loss for over 7 years of the PS3's life. Not even counting the lack of games for the console for the first 2 years and the whole PSN blackout.

But of course, this doesn't involve the other money losses on TVs, movie divisions, and PC hardware (which they dropped recently). Sony is in deep shit territory.

For those who are also wondering, Nintendo only has 22% of bankruptcy. And all the haters claim Nintendo is going 3rd party. Microsoft has only a 1% of bankruptcy.

Well, this is crazy indeed.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Sony might be fucked   Sony might be fucked Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 2:31 am

We definitely need to avoid a two horse race involving Microsoft if at all possible. Hopefully Sony will recover.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Sony might be fucked   Sony might be fucked Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 3:05 am

Trust me, if Microsoft ran gaming, we would totally screwed
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Sony might be fucked   Sony might be fucked Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 5:20 pm

They won't be.  The playstation brand is too strong.  The problem is American consumers think American news is accurate and would rather buy American.  According to American articles 360 was the biggest selling console world wide (also said in there E3 press conference)... also that the Xbone was the best selling console over the christmas period.

I guess this logic works though, you hold the world series for Baseball.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Sony might be fucked   Sony might be fucked Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:31 pm

Just because PS brand is powerful doesn't mean it can save a whole company. Microsoft isn't alive just because Xbox (even though both contribute to their success as a whole.) Sadly the whole American thing is right.....

But the whole 79% isn't no bullshit. That's a 4/5 chances that Sony could be totally fucked. Sure we like to say they won't be fuck, but that's what people said about THQ. Look at them now....
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sony might be fucked   Sony might be fucked Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:35 pm

Has Xbox even made a profit for MS yet?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Sony might be fucked   Sony might be fucked Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 8:13 pm

Empirewild wrote:
Just because PS brand is powerful doesn't mean it can save a whole company. Microsoft isn't alive just because Xbox (even though both contribute to their success as a whole.) Sadly the whole American thing is right.....

But the whole 79% isn't no bullshit. That's a 4/5 chances that Sony could be totally fucked. Sure we like to say they won't be fuck, but that's what people said about THQ. Look at them now....

You're right 83% of people know that all statistics are completely accurate. I probably struggle to understand that 65% of the time.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Sony might be fucked   Sony might be fucked Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 9:07 pm

sony have been "going under" for years now, i cant see it happening anytime soon tho
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Sony might be fucked   Sony might be fucked Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 9:44 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Has Xbox even made a profit for MS yet?

Probably. Despite Xbox always being middle guy, it still makes Microsoft a profit. I mean they have like 2 series they make, Halo and Gears of War.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Sony might be fucked   Sony might be fucked Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 9:52 pm

testtubebaby wrote:
sony have been "going under" for years now, i cant see it happening anytime soon tho

How certain? They been losing billions since PS3 launch. I don't they can continue losing money. Sure, they can say "Forget TV and PC, let's just focus on Playstation," but they still have to recover the damages for the entire existence of the PS3 (of course the other problems plaguing Sony)

Sure, the PS4 is doing wonderful right now, but they still got to step up it's game if they want production to continue.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sony might be fucked   Sony might be fucked Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 9:56 pm

I'm pretty sure MS make nearly all their money from Windows and makes almost nothing from Xbox. Xbox still wasn't profitable this time last last year and there are loads of rumours about the MS shareholders wanting to sell the Xbox division.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Sony might be fucked   Sony might be fucked Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:00 pm

Oh fuck, I did forget about the selling of the Xbox brand.

Shit, then if (hypothetically) Xbox brand gets sold and Sony bails, Nintendo will be in a monopoly.

Oh fuck.....
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Sony might be fucked   Sony might be fucked Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:31 pm

I think this is bullshit for various reasons. If you pay attn to game news you'd know why Xbox would be shitting it right about now and hence the influx of pro Xbox stories of late.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Sony might be fucked   Sony might be fucked Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:50 pm

What the about the amount of negative Wii U news? All I hear about is what games are never going to be on that consoles and no good out of them (atleast as much)

I do see a lot of positive Xbone news. Funny, because not months ago, they looked like they would BOMB the console. Of course, the negative side effects are not gone. Just because they 180 their console doesn't mean they can do a 360. I mean you are releasing a 500 dollar system that plays the exact same as a 400 dollar system.

Of course these are the same "journalist" who praise the Call of Duty for being "innovated" each title, so yea, maybe those articles can be taken a grain of salt.

Also Sony dropped from 79 to 49% to bankruptcy in the next 2 years, so yea, shit can change.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Sony might be fucked   Sony might be fucked Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 2:31 pm

not sure if it's mentioned in here somewhere already, but the Playstation division, or better yet "Sony Computer Entertainment" is the only one or one of the few that's making a profit in the latest years. Read it somewhere a couple of days ago.

If things really go bad for Sony as a whole though, I'd think they might just split off that division if possible and just continue with that alone. go from a consumer electronics company, to just being a gaming company like Nintendo. I'd see that as one of the possible things that could happen if things really go sour for the rest of the company.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Sony might be fucked   Sony might be fucked Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 2:40 pm

If you ever want to be taken seriously don't get your gaming news from gamespot. Anyway China lifted a ban on game consoles. Considering how well MS have penetrated the asian market before. Who do you think would profit in that scenario?

America is probably trying to exaggerate stories constantly to make stockholders in Sony Corp panic sell, which always causes share prices to drop excessively. Don't believe me look at the insane fluctuations in Nintendo share prices everytime someone says anything.

Also to clarify are you saying this percentage is now 49% instead of 79% and has dropped 30% in mere days, because then that would explain the hot steaming pile of BS.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Sony might be fucked   Sony might be fucked Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 7:05 pm

Maybe shit can change. This is all based on stocks or some BS llike that. And like stocks, shit changes rapidly. Could go up, could go down.

I think I knew Microsoft would be buying people to say positive (also remember MSNBC people? Microsoft kiss asses, though I think that might of changed) Oh and don't forget about Machinima.

Also 49 to 47 now. I think Gaming Realms just need a story to post by this point.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Sony might be fucked   Sony might be fucked Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 8:06 pm

Yeah that just sounds stupid, a lot of sites post stupid numbers just to get traffic. Eurogamer and giantbomb seem considerably more reliable for gaming news, if you want sites which don't seem to be printing excessively biased stories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony might be fucked   Sony might be fucked Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony might be fucked
Page 1 of 1