Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer)

Go down 
+10
Eevil-Psycho
SSMG
Baal
A_Nonny_Moose
Ntity
Kaede
Superbuu3
Neo
Skip
Kaio
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer)   X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 10:24 pm

If it was made in association with Marvel Studios why would they have bothered recasting Quicksilver for Age of Ultron?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer)   X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 12:21 am

I heard Quicksilver was hastily added to Days of Future Past right after Marvel announced they were using him for Avengers 2.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer)   X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 1:53 am

As far as licenses were concerned wouldn't quicksilver be x-men (scarlet witch is a bit of a grey area), either way though some deal must surely be made between the two studios regardless otherwise some lawsuit or other would fuck over someone due to the end of winter soldier.

Kaio wrote:
It's not made in association with Marvel Studios. In fact, Marvel has ignored the existence of this movie throughout.

From wikipedia:

Studio

20th Century Fox
Marvel Entertainment
Bad Hat Harry Productions
The Donners' Company

It also had the marvel studios logo at the beginning of the film. I surely can't be the only one who noticed that when the film started.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer)   X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 2:09 am

Kaio wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:
Well that was pretty good.  Better than expected, if less stellar than I'd dared hope for.  It certainly didn't hit the same lofty heights as Avengers or Winter Soldier, and I'm unsure if it's suffering a bit of Raimi Spider-Man syndrome (the first film being excellent, the second actually being better but still unable to match the sky-high expectations and leaving you feeling somehow disappointed) but it was an entertaining two hours with a keep-you-guessing plot, some really, really bold story devices and some great action pieces.  Quicksilver was awesome, and I hope his Age of Ultron counterpart is given the same kind of treatment.  Also, Fassbender's Magneto is an utter jackass.  

Have you rewatched Avengers anytime recently? It doesn't hold up as well once you get used to the whole shared universe thing. The plot is extremely flimsy and it lacks character moments (besides Iron Man and Hulk), because those were all done in the individual movies.

I honestly preferred avengers. Wolverine was fucking useless in this movie and just gets to big a role in the past 6 out of the last 7 movies. The character and Jackman are both starting to irritate me a lot. The rest of the cast was excellent though. Probably the other reason I prefer Avengers over this other then bias against wolverine currently (he came off as a dick in x-men vs avengers to), was Avengers delivered more on the action front. I got the impression we'd see a lot more of the sentinels, it was hard to give a shit about the future versions who fought them as lets face it, it was obvious things were going to be undone.

Also Ellen Page is perfect actress if we're doing time travelling as they tell us her age and we'll believe it.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer)   X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 2:51 am

Marvel =/= Marvel Studios. You saw the regular Marvel logo at the beginning, because at the end of the day the X-Men are characters created by Marvel. But Marvel themselves had absolutely nothing to do with this movie and have actively ignored its existence. There's also been rumours coming out today that Marvel will stop the production of Fantastic Four comics and merchandise, because Disney considers it free marketing for Fox movies. Relations between Disney and Fox are at an all-time low because of the rights issues.

Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch (and the Skrulls, among other things) are co-owned by Fox and Marvel because those characters are prominent X-Men as well as Avengers properties.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer)   X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 3:08 am

I can't stand by while people trash talk Hugh Jackman, I saw him and Peter Dinklage at the Melbourne movie launch and he was really cool, came across as a genuine guy.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer)   X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 3:16 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
The character and Jackman are both starting to irritate me a lot.

What did Jackman do to you, son?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer)   X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 4:20 am

Neo wrote:
I can't stand by while people trash talk Hugh Jackman, I saw him and Peter Dinklage at the Melbourne movie launch and he was really cool, came across as a genuine guy.
Did you end up doing a croc dundee package check?
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer)   X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 5:28 pm

Was I the only one who was thrown off by Peter's American accent? It was good, but I guess I am just too used to Tyrion Lannister.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer)   X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 7:12 pm

I didn't even notice it really
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer)   X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 3:35 pm

Zero wrote:
Was I the only one who was thrown off by Peter's American accent? It was good, but I guess I am just too used to Tyrion Lannister.

He's American. Tyrion is where he fakes the accent.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer)   X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 9:22 am

Quiksilver is going to be in both series. But is only allowed to be referred to as a mutant in the x men films and magnetos son. In the avangers series he and scarlett witch are just people with powers or whatever plot they come up with.

And this movie is great. Loved every minute despite the changes, after all these years and these films ive learned to accept that and enjoy what they are and damn this movie tried. Right behind cap just right behind.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer)   X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 9:19 pm

Treated myself to the 3D blu-ray, and liked it even more on second viewing. Lots of very cool scenes, great action, great acting and some bold decisions moving the franchise forward. One question though; in the 70s, why did they need Magneto? Both future Xavier and Magneto himself said they'd need him, but looking at how things played out, they'd have been better off leaving him imprisoned. He did nothing other than try to kill Mystique, hack the sentinels and almost fuck things up entirely by killing the President. He literally did nothing to aid Wolverine.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer)   X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 3:09 am

It was old Magneto that said they would need young Magneto, and he could have just been acting in his own self interest. Seemed like the idea was that Xavier and Magneto would have to convince Mystique together though, since they were both close to her. Or maybe old Magneto knew his young self would try to kill Mystique and that's what he wanted, because he didn't think she would change her mind.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer)   X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 4:15 pm

Here's a few reasons:

1. Magneto is a badass

2. Magneto was wrongfully imprisoned

3. Every other character is boring comparatively

4. Nothing would've happened in the film without him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer)   X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

X-Men: Days of Future Past (UPDATE: Final trailer)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5