Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?

Go down 
+8
A_Nonny_Moose
Casa
Neo
Ace
Kaede
Eevil-Psycho
Golden Boy
Superbuu3
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Empty
PostSubject: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 3:31 pm

Seeing as everyone is talking about the next gen, i got thinking.

The PS2 came out in 2000
the XBOX 360 came out in 2005
Wii came out in 2006
The Wii U is coming out in 2012

A 5 year gap between PS2 and 360, and the leap in technology is pretty insane, everything looks gorgeous.
6 years afer the PS2 the Wii is released and basically is a gamecube with motion controls, I honestly did not notice a graphical difference. Mario sunshine and windwaker look as good as anything on Wii.
Then now 7 years after the launch of the 360, nintendo pull out a console that doesn't look noticeably better. Seriously is the price tag going to basically be the price of the controller, because thats the only area it looks like there development time has even gone.

Oh and i'm not being a graphics whore i don't think its a big deal, but its just stupid to not look noticably better then a console thats running on seriously obsolete hardware by todays standards.

EDIT:
Apparently i'm psychic the Wii U is weaker.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-04-02-wii-u-less-powerful-than-ps3-xbox-360-developers-say

Last edited by Superbuu3 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:28 pm

Eh, I think most people buy Nintendo's consoles for their first-party games, not for the graphics. Plus the Zelda tech demo looked pretty sexy.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:39 pm

α Blair wrote:
Eh, I think most people buy Nintendo's consoles for their first-party games, not for the graphics. Plus the Zelda tech demo looked pretty sexy.
Well tech demos, generally are better quality then the games. As they spend a helluva lot of time on just one room. On the other side of things it looked nice, but that was mainly because i'm used to seeing the still somewhat pixelly zelda on Wii.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 5:21 pm

i thought the WiiU was more on the level of PS3/360 now...

not sure though, been a while since I checked any specs or seen any videos about it..
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Wasn't all the big Wii U footage PS3/360 footage?

I still think it looks kinda cool, though.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:27 pm

That's the selling point, that its supposed to have PS360 graphics now. I'd like to say I'm not going to get it but there's that new smash bros game. And Brawl was the reason I'm stuck with my Wii today.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:37 pm

Ace wrote:
That's the selling point, that its supposed to have PS360 graphics now.
Is matching hardware from 2007 really considered a selling point? The only appealing thing about WiiU is how the controller could potentially be used in games.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 8:58 pm

Maybe. Its a sad thing I know. For years that's all nintendo was lacking I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy about it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 4:53 am

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:14 am

You know I'm not really that surprised, the next console generation isn't going to be as powerful as this one was was compared to the previous either. Blame 'casual' games, Apple for making people think iPhones are an acceptable gaming platform on par with current consoles and PC and Nintendo for making motion control popular.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:34 am

But i want 1080P 60fps on all games. Is that a possible reality? As far as my understanding go thats more on hardware then development time right.

I honestly don't give a fuck about this ultra HD bullshit.

Either way though weaker then current gen is pretty fucking shameful. Fuck getting Batman AC on Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:44 am

I doubt anyone will bother making their consoles support resolutions higher than 1080p as most (all?) TVs on the market max out at that. 120fps should happen because it's mandatory for fluid 3D gaming but remember that the PS3 and 360 are capable of 1080p 60fps too, developers just sacrificed it in an attempt to make their games look 'better'. The same thing will inevitably happen at some point in the next gen especially considering that the "top of the line" graphics hardware Sony and MS are supposedly using has already been made redundant and these systems won't be out until 2013 but we just have to hope devs have some artistic integrity for a while I guess.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:06 am

graphics aren't everything

but the wii is a console for babies anyway
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:35 am

Casa wrote:
No, but resolution and framerate are extremely important if you want your game to look clear and fluid.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 12:05 pm

Casa wrote:

but the wii is a console for babies anyway
I hope you enjoy playing PS3 without HDMI cables or components, thats not even a generation downgrade, but i'm sure that would annoy you within ten minutes.

If there's no improvement in tech why release a new console, unless you just like giving companies a few hundred dollars for no particular reason.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 3:55 pm

It's an improvement for Nintendo. People who only owned a Wii will be blown away.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Sherlock
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:41 am

The Wii U isn't quite on par with PS3, but it should be better then the Wii.

Hell I'm happy Nintendo is taking the underdog route. Graphics isn't everything and I think all company's should spend less time on it. I mean make it look good, sure, but not to the point where it's the selling point of the whole game.

Honestly this gen surprised me. Usually Sony is able to take the least powerful console of their time and completely dominate. So it was surprising to see Sony had the strongest console of this gen. Though Sony also hasn't been dominating this gen with the price of their console. Instead Nintendo picked up Sony's underdog role and cleaned house.

Go's to show that the strongest console with the best graphics doesn't mean you'll win.

If Nintendo wants to spend more money in a better gaming experience then just giving games a shiny coat. I say more power to them.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/?sid=ba70bc65387fd356f8c04d7d9
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 4:04 am

Somehow it doesn't suprise me u think looks dnt matter.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:35 pm

Buu whipping out the ice burns.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Sherlock
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 4:35 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Somehow it doesn't suprise me u think looks dnt matter.

Looks matter to a certain extent, and this much more obvious on a HDTV then a SDTV. The thing is you need to find a balance. What is good enough graphically, but at the same time, will let you keep the price of your console down.

That is all gaming machines should be looking for, the "good enough" factor. Your making video games after all, not HD movies. Is super high res and 1080p really necessary in games? Most games, from what I've heard, in this generation are hardly 720p and they look great.

It's all about balance, Nintendo understands this concept and knows what is good enough. Meanwhile Microsoft and Sony will probably release another console that looks pretty, but is ridiculously overpriced at launch again, unless they have some unknown plans to cut cost in other areas.

I'm just saying. Graphics shouldn't be the first thought on peoples minds. We enjoyed video games for many years before we had today's graphics, obviously there are other aspects to video games then simply how they look.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/?sid=ba70bc65387fd356f8c04d7d9
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 4:41 pm

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. Please stop.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 4:52 pm

And so what do you think are good examples of the 'good enough' theory Justin?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Be nice to Justin guys.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:31 pm

the only time i'd laugh at that post is if it was posted by you chou
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:29 am

Damn thats bullshit.

oh nintendo why do you hurt me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?   Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wait a sec are nintendo serious, with this Wii U?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next