Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So how about that PSVita..

Go down 
+7
Kaio
Kaede
Superbuu3
Eevil-Psycho
Zero
A_Nonny_Moose
D_Winds
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:02 am

I'm gonna wait for the 3G model's price to drop.
Only game I plan on getting for it is Mortal Kombat.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:20 am

There's a demo for Uncharted, so I'll check it out, but I doubt I'll be buying it any time soon.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:19 am

I'm a total sucker and gave in. I bought a Vita. Really tempted by Wipeout and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus. There's a demo for Wipeout and it looks pretty darn amazing.

So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 RXl7m

Tried Uncharted, but the aiming was pretty bad just because the right stick is fiddly and not that precise. Rayman Origins looks exactly like the PS3 version, and (mercifully) you can zoom in in the Vita version. The characters are tiny anyway on that little screen, and you get the power to shrink in later stages too.

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack is the only game I've actually bought so far and it's just as fun as the PS3 game. The free AR titles are a fun novelty (well, apart from Fireworks), but novelty rarely lasts and they are no exception. But hey, they're free.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:31 am

Vodafone is totally fuckin up with the 3G registration and stuff. Assholes.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:34 am

I didn't bother with 3G.
Back to top Go down
D_Winds
Deck Hand
D_Winds

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:47 am

Hehe, (eventually) you won't regret the buy Nonny. Any games on the horizon you are looking forward to?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:51 am

Gravity Rush. I seriously don't know why they didn't push it through for the western launch. It looks like the Vita's only killer new IP.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:45 am

If there's a few yakua games no this i might get one but that would pretty much be my only reason for getting one. It does look nic though.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:26 pm

Dynasty Warriors Next is very impressive to look at.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:16 pm

Bought Sigma Plus.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:33 pm

Touch screen keyboards are fiddly. The browser is a lot better than the a PSP's though.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:06 pm

Really? I heard it was much worse. I like the PSP browser, though. Been using it for years.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 4:34 pm

Moose i want to know what the whole remote play features are like. Can you play PS3 games on this, can you use it for anything else. EXPLAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 4:44 pm

The remote play is exactly the same as the PSP's remote play. It's not worth the time it takes to try it out.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 4:45 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
The remote play is exactly the same as the PSP's remote play. It's not worth the time it takes to try it out.
So only PS1 game and minis? Thats stupid.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 4:53 pm

I take back what I said earlier.
I'll probably just get a wi-fi version.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 6:07 pm

Kaede wrote:
Really? I heard it was much worse. I like the PSP browser, though. Been using it for years.
The touch screen makes it much easier to use. It's a lot faster too.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:45 am

NGS+ looks decent. It's nicer in motion, although unfortunately it's only 30fps. The gyro-aiming is hella annoying. You can change the settings so you can use the stick to aim, but you can't actually turn off the gryoscopic aiming, so you if you want to aim with the stick you need to hold the Vita perfectly still.

So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 OzvPs
So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 KZUf0
So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 UEl9A
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:07 am

I love this thing. I was playing Ninja Gaiden when the low battery thing flashed up, so I put the charger in. But what I had forgotten is that the charger wasn't plugged into the wall because I took it out yesterday to use something else. So about 20 minutes later the battery ran out and it shut off while I was playing. I thought I had lost all my progress since my last save, which included a boss fight.

However, I plugged it in properly, waited for the red light to stop flashing and stay constant (it won't turn on at all while it's flashing, presumably some kind of battery preserving safety measure), and turned it on. It had just gone into sleep mode and the game picked up right where it left off.
Back to top Go down
D_Winds
Deck Hand
D_Winds

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:39 pm

That's great Nonny Very Happy

I have yet to find a Vita game that I can immerse myself in. The game I played the most was FF Duodecim, but that's from the previous generation.

I downloaded that free Motorstorm RC game, and that was fun for a bit, but I just stopped once I got a score on all the maps, hehe. Aside from those, I've downloaded and played almost all the demos, but the only demo I found worth keeping is Lumines Electronic Symphony.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:11 pm

Ok, so I'm seriously considering getting a used one for £200 at my local Gamestop. However, games are expensive, and blabla, I have to play PSP games, too. Are there enough games to keep you guys satisfied so far? Do you think I should wait til a new model?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:33 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I love this thing. I was playing Ninja Gaiden when the low battery thing flashed up, so I put the charger in. But what I had forgotten is that the charger wasn't plugged into the wall because I took it out yesterday to use something else. So about 20 minutes later the battery ran out and it shut off while I was playing. I thought I had lost all my progress since my last save, which included a boss fight.

However, I plugged it in properly, waited for the red light to stop flashing and stay constant (it won't turn on at all while it's flashing, presumably some kind of battery preserving safety measure), and turned it on. It had just gone into sleep mode and the game picked up right where it left off.

The PSP used to do the same thing.

I'm still not sold on the Vita. Games are more expensive than many 360 / PS3 titles, which is ridiculous, and all the titles I've tried have been fun but not enough to make me want to spend £250 on another handheld device when I've once again barely used the 3DS for the last six weeks.
Back to top Go down
D_Winds
Deck Hand
D_Winds

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:14 pm

Kaede wrote:
Ok, so I'm seriously considering getting a used one for £200 at my local Gamestop. However, games are expensive, and blabla, I have to play PSP games, too. Are there enough games to keep you guys satisfied so far? Do you think I should wait til a new model?

Depends on your style of game really. First full PSV game I bought was Disgaea 3, which came out midApril IIRC. Before that, I was satisfied from demos/my PSP download .

I think after E3 more light will be shed on the Vita, making it more appealing. As of now, there is still no PS1 Classic support, no Flash (for YouTube), and even some noticeable titles from PSP are not in the library.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:50 pm

Also, I don't know if the UMD thingy is fixed here. And now I remembered the PS2 games we were expecting, but won't get.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 11:32 pm

I'll be honest, I've yet to play anything on the Vita that I couldn't play a better version of on the PS3 (although the extra content in NGS+ was nice). There are no great, unique Vita games at the moment. But Gravity Rush is around the corner. That game is carrying the Vita's success on it's shoulders in my eyes. There's also Soul Sacrifice/Forsaken Souls, the new Inafune game. That's coming out at the end of this year or next year I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So how about that PSVita..   So how about that PSVita.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So how about that PSVita..
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next