Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.

Go down 
+6
Superbuu3
Skip
Eevil-Psycho
Kaede
Baal
A_Nonny_Moose
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Empty
PostSubject: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 2:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 2:28 pm

Not surprised, Europe is full of wimps.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 3:55 pm

I thought only Krauts and Frogs censored.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 4:09 pm

Germans screwing us over again.

they always cencor their shit, and usually it doesn't affect the releases in the other countries, but that doesn't seem to be the case now.

they went with one version for all of Europe, so they had to cater to the country with the strictest censorship policies.. or whatever you wanna call it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 4:11 pm

That might have been the case. Sounds like they got a few different notes from different regions, and decided to just do a single EU version catering to all of them rather than doing a different version for each country that had objections.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:25 pm

Just import it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:13 am

Honestly if your gonna hate on a game for cutting a few frames of eye stabbing and having screaming guy instead of a dead guy, doesn't seem like your into the game for the gameplay. I don't understand why anyone even cares.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:54 am

Principles, etc. I wasn't interested in the game anyway, but censorship always at least ever so slightly annoying for a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:05 am

Admittedly i agree its dumb, but honestly as long as its not effecting the game i couldn't careless. I mean i was pro censorship for yakuza 3 as it meant i didn't have to waste 3 odd hours on the fucking hostesses (which was annoyingly back in 4).

I'm more annoyed when moves or weapons are removed from a game.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:29 am

it's not that I care that much, i'm still gonna enjoy the f-ing game cause I'm a fan of it.

just think it's stupid other people have to give in to things just cause some asshat countries want something done differently.. even if it's not a big deal, it's stupid.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:46 am

They should've just banned it in germany. That way they would've got more sales as germans would be importing it en mass.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:50 am

I've never understood why they bother banning this shit in Germany when apparently everyone just drives over to Austria to buy their shit and get around it.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:13 am

Germany does anything to appear like a pacifist nation.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:49 pm

David friggin Jaffe was on GameFaq earlier today and he was answering questions and shit.

This is the topic where it was first confirmed it was him:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997850-twisted-metal/61873573
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:50 am

so? I've been in a 2 hour video chat with him earlier this week.. (not only me of course)
Back to top Go down
xalas
Silver Peaks Golf Course
xalas

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:53 pm

twisted metal......censored......that dosnt seem right at all D= half the fun of that game was the bloody mess and the foul language man wtfffffff
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:13 pm

it's not that bad, they cencored someone getting poked in the eye, and they replaced a dead guy with a screaming living one..

the rest is still in it.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:02 pm

Wouldn't a screaming one be scarier than a dead one?
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:28 pm

dead guy is a lot more morbid or macabre than a living one screaming..

anyways, I just read it again, and it's kinda confusing which version is the EU one from the way he said it..
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:34 pm

Dead guy is the EU version.

Also anyone who cares about this stuff more then the game is a potential serial killer. Xalas being upset is proof of that.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:40 pm

lol, is it? seems weird to me as I think it would be the more macabre out of the both... ah well, yay for me for having the version i like more then..
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:07 am

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
lol, is it? seems weird to me as I think it would be the more macabre out of the both... ah well, yay for me for having the version i like more then..
I agree, but lets face it a lot of people are stupid and think that screaming equates to creepiness.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:16 am

I think the having a live guy screaming his head off strapped to a rocket is just supposed to be humourous. But I really don't see why either option is any better than the other. Who makes these decisions?

"No, we can't rate this game. It's too violent."
"Well, what do you we need to change?"
"Make the alive guy strapped to the rocket a dead guy strapped to the rocket."

Where's the logic? There was an article on EG about game ratings guidelines and stuff a while ago. Interesting read. The simplest thing, like whether enemies disappear after they die or stay on the ground, can change a rating.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:18 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I think the having a live guy screaming his head off strapped to a rocket is just supposed to be humourous. But I really don't see why either option is any better than the other. Who makes these decisions?

"No, we can't rate this game. It's too violent."
"Well, what do you we need to change?"
"Make the alive guy strapped to the rocket a dead guy strapped to the rocket."

Where's the logic? There was an article on EG about game ratings guidelines and stuff a while ago. Interesting read. The simplest thing, like whether enemies disappear after they die or stay on the ground, can change a rating.
That would obviously change the rating moose.

Also a guy being alive would be because it shows the intent to kill the man. Possibly encouraging murder. There's logic behind it and it makes sense, its just a stupid process as the concepts are still there either way.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:23 am

That doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.   Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twisted Metal delayed and censored in Europe.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next