Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.

Go down 
+6
Zero
Golden Boy
Ellis
Superbuu3
Neo
Baal
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Empty
PostSubject: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:18 pm

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/27/sorry-blazblue-fans-continuum-shift-extend-will-not-be-released-as-a-dlc-upgrade/

Seriously, what the hell? You're gonna sell this as a full game when you only have one character added? I know how much one character can change gameplay but you are not selling this dumb game to people like me who stopped caring a while back about it with shit like this, all you're doing is making money off of a bunch of shmucks who are still playing this bad game.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:25 pm

You know it's entirely Capcom and their fanbases fault for doing/putting up with this sort of thing in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:27 pm

I've never been into arcsystems anyway, this just makes me glad i wasn't. They best not release that at full retail. Weren't there DLC characters stupidly expensive to?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Giga Nigga wrote:
You know it's entirely Capcom and their fanbases fault for doing/putting up with this sort of thing in the first place.
At least capcoms updates were pretty huge changes.

Firstly SF4 to SSF4 had 10 plus characters, rebalancing, added a second ultra for every character, two of the characters were new to the series. Then the arcade update was downloadable, which was a smaller update.

MvC3 to UMvC3, a butt load of extra characters, considering the price of the DLC was extortionate so the price of the new UMvC3 is actually cheaper then if they forced you to buy all the new chracters seperately, my main issue was the release date aside from taht its not too bad.

Dead rising off the record, is basically a completely new game, although a reused location.

Most importantly all those games were released at budget prices. The only thing i think they did that was a bit dickish was that the original RE5 disc cannot update to be move compatible at least thats what i heard.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:09 pm

Oh no doubt Camcom isn't quite as bad as ArcSys apparently is, I'm just saying they started this trend and I'm not thanking them for it.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 5:11 pm

Oh, I know it's Capcom's fault but that doesn't make ArcSys' dumb decisions better.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 5:20 pm

Thing is i don't actually have a issue with capcom updates generally speaking, the ones i know about seemed to be ok, if they didn't have the budget releases i'd find them more annoying.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 5:22 pm

It would be fine if they made an add-on for the bare bones editions for like 10 or 15 bucks. Making people buy the game again if they want all that extra shit is retarded.

Talking about Capcom btw.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 5:33 pm

Ellis wrote:
It would be fine if they made an add-on for the bare bones editions for like 10 or 15 bucks. Making people buy the game again if they want all that extra shit is retarded.

Talking about Capcom btw.
Off the record couldn't have been done.

Honestly looking at how much they charge for DLC, if they seperated those characters and stuff as DLC, you'd be paying full retail price. I'd rather trade in my old game and by the new budget priced game, thats a helluva lot cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 5:37 pm

That and really there's just problems with certain things they need to put on retail disc. A lot of SSFIV would not have been possible for DLC as there were a lot of inclusions to the game as compared to AE which was actually DLC for 15 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 5:38 pm

Not really. Unless you trade it in atleast several months before the new game then you are probably getting shit for it. So instead of paying 70-75 (in the US) for the original + add-on for Ultimate, you are paying 60-lets say you get 15 for the trade-in, so 45+40= 85. It would allow those who supported the title originally to get a little bit of a discount.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 5:54 pm

Ellis wrote:
Not really. Unless you trade it in atleast several months before the new game then you are probably getting shit for it. So instead of paying 70-75 (in the US) for the original + add-on for Ultimate, you are paying 60-lets say you get 15 for the trade-in, so 45+40= 85. It would allow those who supported the title originally to get a little bit of a discount.
At least stick to the prices you were given.

IIRC in the US jill and shuma gorath were 5 dollars each. If they put them in all as DLC the DLC alone would come to 70 dollars (12 completely new character, 2 characters you already paid for DLC)

So would you buy 70 dollars worth of DLC + a 60 dollar game?

They wouldn't randomly change the pricing like that. Oh yeah and thats not ev en including the other new features that UMvC3 has added in. Didn't they include a spectator mode that would've been like another 10 dollars if sold as DLC.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Spectator mode was always intended to be a free update.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 6:12 pm

Continuum Shift 2 (the balance patch) was at least free. Buying the 3 new characters, who have many more moves than Jill and Shuma, was something entirely optional. Also CS2 was a much better update than SSFIV:AE as it's very balanced.

I may get this if I've time to get into BB.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 6:29 pm

Baal wrote:
Spectator mode was always intended to be a free update.

Apparently that's not the only mode we're getting in Ultimate. Seth said that in that Angry Joe interview.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:46 pm

Blair Waldorf wrote:
Continuum Shift 2 (the balance patch) was at least free. Buying the 3 new characters, who have many more moves than Jill and Shuma, was something entirely optional. Also CS2 was a much better update than SSFIV:AE as it's very balanced.

I may get this if I've time to get into BB.

It's more balanced but that doesn't really make the game any more fun.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:11 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Ellis wrote:
At least stick to the prices you were given.

IIRC in the US jill and shuma gorath were 5 dollars each. If they put them in all as DLC the DLC alone would come to 70 dollars (12 completely new character, 2 characters you already paid for DLC)

So would you buy 70 dollars worth of DLC + a 60 dollar game?

They wouldn't randomly change the pricing like that. Oh yeah and thats not ev en including the other new features that UMvC3 has added in. Didn't they include a spectator mode that would've been like another 10 dollars if sold as DLC.

I'm assuming the two characters are included in Ultimate already so there would be no need to purchase them. If not I didn't include them seeing as you'll have to buy them either way and they'll cancel out. I haven't purchased them as I was still holding on that ultimate could be DLC. I get that some things are just very hard to put in as DLC but still it irks me. Capcom could rip people off worse than they are though so I guess it's not the end of the world. I just don't like the trend they started with these. It's like needing to buy a GotY edition of a game you already own to play all the extra DLC.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Ellis wrote:
Capcom could rip people off worse than they are though so I guess it's not the end of the world.
Yeah, but I could shoot you in the kneecaps, strap you down, and gouge out your eyeballs with a fork; does that mean I could assault you with a bat instead and it'd be cool?
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:18 pm

True. As a fan of video games I'm just used to being rape so hard in the ass that when someone offers to lube up first it comes as a relief.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:23 pm

Ellis wrote:
I'm assuming the two characters are included in Ultimate already so there would be no need to purchase them. If not I didn't include them seeing as you'll have to buy them either way and they'll cancel out. I haven't purchased them as I was still holding on that ultimate could be DLC. I get that some things are just very hard to put in as DLC but still it irks me. Capcom could rip people off worse than they are though so I guess it's not the end of the world. I just don't like the trend they started with these. It's like needing to buy a GotY edition of a game you already own to play all the extra DLC.

My point is assuming you haven't bought any DLC for MvC3, with UMvC3 you are getting 14 new characters. Capcom currently charges 5 dollars per character. Seeing as they sold those two characters individually there's no reason for them to sell them in a cheap bundle, seeing as lots of people bought them.

In a realistic business model for DLC they could've given you 1/2 characters a month and charged 5 dollars for each one. I'd rather get a budget rerelease adn be able to trade in to save even more money. Then pay 70 dollars in DLC. Which is more then a full retail game in itself.

As long as these rereleases are budget I'm not gonna complain, seeing as it will bring new fans to series i love. However they best not be starting a trend for games being out for less then a year and having a update, thats plain dickish.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:27 pm

They're probably gonna add some more characters before the release, maybe more.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:41 pm

Actually, Jill and Shuma aren't being put into the game automatically, you have to buy them still for UMVC3 if you haven't.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:43 pm

Baal wrote:
Actually, Jill and Shuma aren't being put into the game automatically, you have to buy them still for UMVC3 if you haven't.
I guess thats nice for fans of MvC3 so they don't feel completely shafted.

I doubt i'll get them though, at that price.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:48 pm

In a real business model making someone pay 5 for one character separately and 70 for all 14 of them included would never happen. people need insentive to get all of them. You would always discount the bundle. paying 70 for characters even if they gave you 100 would never sell nor would it be tried as that's kinda retarded. I just can't justify paying 40 more dollars for 12 characters and a mode that was supposed to be free. I would pay 20 tops and that's what the DLC should have been ceilinged at if there was one.

If you bought the game when it came out now you just spent over 100 dollars. Even if you sell it back, according to Amazon they are giving you 9 bucks. Not worth it. Paying 20 for DLC as opposed to 40 for the new game would have been ideal.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:56 pm

Ellis wrote:
In a real business model making someone pay 5 for one character separately and 70 for all 14 of them included would never happen. people need insentive to get all of them. You would always discount the bundle. paying 70 for characters even if they gave you 100 would never sell nor would it be tried as that's kinda retarded. I just can't justify paying 40 more dollars for 12 characters and a mode that was supposed to be free. I would pay 20 tops and that's what the DLC should have been ceilinged at if there was one.

If you bought the game when it came out now you just spent over 100 dollars. Even if you sell it back, according to Amazon they are giving you 9 bucks. Not worth it. Paying 20 for DLC as opposed to 40 for the new game would have been ideal.

You say that but there's some games with hundred of pounds worth of DLC there. The other thing is Bundle packs are only ever released after the full set of DLC has been released. You never get a bundle pack per character release.

Also your gonna trade the game in now? I bet you weren't playing it, the game new has dropped heavily in price as is. You should've traded it in when you stopped playing it. Otherwise your getting your money's worth out of the game so there's no need to complain about trade in price dropping. A lot of games are worth fuck all 6 months after there release.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.   ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ArcSys is a stupid company and no one in the US or Europe actually cares about BB.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next