Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Game of the Year?

Go down 
+14
Old School
Rockstar_Sinistar
Neo
Haseoviawesome
Eevil-Psycho
Superbuu3
Zero
Ellis
Ace
Kaede
Golden Boy
Talking Sock
A_Nonny_Moose
SimianWonder
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

GotY
Batman: Arkham City
Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 5 ]
Battlefield 3
Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Dark Souls
Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Dead Space 2
Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Deus Ex Human Revolution
 0% [ 0 ]
Forza 4
 0% [ 0 ]
LA Noire
 0% [ 0 ]
Modern Warfare 3
Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Portal 2
 5% [ 1 ]
Saints Row the Third
 0% [ 0 ]
Shadow of the Damned
 0% [ 0 ]
The Witcher 2
 0% [ 0 ]
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 3 ]
Uncharted 3
 5% [ 1 ]
Zelda: Skyward Sword
Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 4 ]
Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
 0% [ 0 ]
Other (specify)
Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Game of the Year?   Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 9:08 pm

That was a non factor for me as I never used any of those perks in any of those games. It was weird that they didn't put them in though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Your Game of the Year?   Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 9:14 pm

They were an integral part of the Uncharted experience for me. If I'd known they were gone I doubt I would have bought the game.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Your Game of the Year?   Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 10:54 pm

The single player store was amazing in U2.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Your Game of the Year?   Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 2:15 am

Skyrim all the way actually. I havewn't been so engrossed in a game since Mass Effect.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Your Game of the Year?   Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 am

Shit, I don't want to have to decide this, I love so many video games this year. I'll give my top 3 as I can't really decide between them.

Catherine - I'm honestly amazed I loved this game as much as I did. When the build up and everything was still happening, I almost completely ignored this game, because when I saw how the first trailer was basically marketing the game with sex, I didn't want anything to do with it. It didn't help that when I came back to Catherine to see its development about a month before the release I saw that deluxe edition with the awful pillow. I ended up buying the game as an impulse buy and boy did I play the shit out of it when I started playing it. The game was something new from Atlus, it wasn't the same fucking dungeon crawling JRPG for the fifteenth million time in a row, it was a fun new game with fun gameplay, some nice extra modes, an extremely fun multiplayer and hell, I actually really liked the story until it got near the end when the game suffered from what I'm now calling "Atlus Syndrome". Atlus Syndrome is basically when a game has a good to average story and then it goes absolutely insane in the last parts of it, this is prevalent in many of Atlus' more... well, mainstream (I'm using that term loosely with Atlus) games. Anyways, despite that, I loved the characters too and I loved the fucking voice acting. There could not have been a better cast for this game. Catherine is a really great game in my opinion and helped me put some faith in Atlus. Now, whether they fuck that up with another dull high school game or god forbid, another fucking port of P3 or P4 will remain to be seen.

Batman: Arkham City - I don't think I need to explain why Arkham City is up here.

Ultimate/Marvel vs Capcom 3 - This game is broken to all fucking hell and back. Like, there is so much shit about this game that's fucked I can't even believe how a game that was two years in development could be this screwy, but god dammit I still love this game. The gameplay is fun, the voice-acting is great, the dialogue is great and it manages to put so many inside jokes between games and comics that I can't help but love it. Basically, MvC3 is up here because it managed to give me so many characters from video games and comics alike that I loved and put them in fighting game form and made the fighting game fun.

Special mentions go to Saints Row the Third and Uncharted 3, I loved those games but just not enough to make my top 3.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Your Game of the Year?   Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:40 am

speaking of game of the year for 2011, I thought this was fun.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Your Game of the Year?   Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 7:34 am

Baal wrote:
Shit, I don't want to have to decide this, I love so many video games this year. I'll give my top 3 as I can't really decide between them.

Catherine - I'm honestly amazed I loved this game as much as I did. When the build up and everything was still happening, I almost completely ignored this game, because when I saw how the first trailer was basically marketing the game with sex, I didn't want anything to do with it. It didn't help that when I came back to Catherine to see its development about a month before the release I saw that deluxe edition with the awful pillow. I ended up buying the game as an impulse buy and boy did I play the shit out of it when I started playing it. The game was something new from Atlus, it wasn't the same fucking dungeon crawling JRPG for the fifteenth million time in a row, it was a fun new game with fun gameplay, some nice extra modes, an extremely fun multiplayer and hell, I actually really liked the story until it got near the end when the game suffered from what I'm now calling "Atlus Syndrome". Atlus Syndrome is basically when a game has a good to average story and then it goes absolutely insane in the last parts of it, this is prevalent in many of Atlus' more... well, mainstream (I'm using that term loosely with Atlus) games. Anyways, despite that, I loved the characters too and I loved the fucking voice acting. There could not have been a better cast for this game. Catherine is a really great game in my opinion and helped me put some faith in Atlus. Now, whether they fuck that up with another dull high school game or god forbid, another fucking port of P3 or P4 will remain to be seen.

Batman: Arkham City - I don't think I need to explain why Arkham City is up here.

Ultimate/Marvel vs Capcom 3 - This game is broken to all fucking hell and back. Like, there is so much shit about this game that's fucked I can't even believe how a game that was two years in development could be this screwy, but god dammit I still love this game. The gameplay is fun, the voice-acting is great, the dialogue is great and it manages to put so many inside jokes between games and comics that I can't help but love it. Basically, MvC3 is up here because it managed to give me so many characters from video games and comics alike that I loved and put them in fighting game form and made the fighting game fun.

Special mentions go to Saints Row the Third and Uncharted 3, I loved those games but just not enough to make my top 3.

Are you saying you won't be getting Persona 4: The Golden?
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Your Game of the Year?   Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:40 am

lol persona 4 port
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Your Game of the Year?   Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 1:03 pm

Kaede wrote:
Are you saying you won't be getting Persona 4: The Golden?

When the price goes down, maybe.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Your Game of the Year?   Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Professor Genki wrote:
lol persona 4 port

The Vita is more powerful, so it'll have 1.5x more voiced scenes, and a new character who looks cool. I'm excited. Also, grinding is for portables.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Your Game of the Year?   Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:40 pm

Marie looks awful, she is not a bonus for Golden if anything she's something against it and the fact that there's more anime scenes makes me care even less because it's not like any of them were good.

Anyways, this is something meant for the discussion of Golden in one of the threads on the Atlus board not here.
Back to top Go down
L Ron Hubbard
Chalupa Batman MacArthur
L Ron Hubbard

PostSubject: Re: Your Game of the Year?   Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:25 pm

The same as every year:

Super Mario Bros. 3.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scientology.org
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Your Game of the Year?   Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:46 pm

1990 =/= 2011
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Your Game of the Year?   Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 3:57 am

It does now.
Which means I havent been thought of yet...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Game of the Year?   Your Game of the Year? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Game of the Year?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2