Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ok so everytime i goto the gym

Go down 
+7
SimianWonder
SSMG
Zero
Skip
Ellis
L Ron Hubbard
Superbuu3
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
brandon
Basement Butterfly

Ok so everytime i goto the gym  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 10:49 am

you all need more ice cream in your diet
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:30 pm

[quote="Skip"]
SSMG wrote:

I'm sure you could since I don't b other with the gym. I'm way too cheap to pay to lift heavy shit. I just work out with what I've got at home. My workout at the moment though is 100 pushups and crunchers in sets of 20 then for cardio I just mix it up. Sometimes I'll go for a jog or skip for a while, today I played football at the park for a bit.

I also have this pissy little 4kg dumbell from when I used to fence last year. Though I don't bother lifting that any more because it's way too light.

Trying to be over the top about it to make out you're just joking is pretty sad man.

Oh nice, that's still pretty solid to keep you in shape. I wasn't serious in any part of that post.... I was using the typical gym mentality train of thought. I find it weird you think I'm a sexist though...
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Well the idea is to get back in shape for futsal, since I really slacked off last year and the start of this year. I've been doing what I mentioned for about a month now and it's starting to take effect.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:51 pm

Futsal? What's that?

Also did you start off doing 100 push ups or have you been increasing them with your strength? I mean 100 push is alot you can definitely start to mix it up with hard variants for a greater affect. Also I'd say add in pull ups or something as well, I like em.

And yeah man any work you put in for your body you will get back, a month in is only the beginning. Keep going, don't stop now.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:57 pm

Futsal is basically 5 a side indoor football/soccer with slightly different rules.

And I've been building up to 100, when it gets too easy I might put some heavy books in my backpack, whack that on and see where that takes me. Yes, that's how cheap I am. Or I could try those clap push ups, butthey seem like quite a big step up.

I would do pull ups but I don't have a bar anywhere in my house, and none of the parks within walking distance have monkey bars.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:04 pm

Oh nice, I think I know what game your talking about, well we just call it indoor soccer here(unless there is a difference)

And nice man ye books in a bag is good, and don't worry if its cheap or whatever, its better than wasting your money, books have a multipurpose lol. Also for Variants of pushups once you want to switch it up use the triangle pushups. You form a triangle with both your hands and put that a little bit lower than normally, so about right at your sternum. I only do these for my pushups now.

And really? What kind of parks are they? Kids are getting jipped in your area. But You can always use the exposed rafters in a basement or something if you have those. My basement isn't finished so I used to use those. They are tough on the hands though.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:05 pm

This is all making me feel bad aboout never doing any serious exercise ever. I suppose I probably do 45 minutes or so of walking for work every week but that's obviously still not much.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:10 pm

You can always do the little things to keep yourself in shape too... You don't have to be like what I'm doing, going to the gym a few times a week. Maybe a jog for 5 minutes a day or something to start you off. Or just when you have nothing else to do when your bored just try as many push ups as you can.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:13 pm

Indoor soccer is a bit different. It's more or less just soccer but inside, futsal has a few different rules. No throw ins, you place the ball on the line and take it as an indirect free kick and the keeper can't throw over 2/3 (or half, I'm a little foggy on this tbh) of the court. 5 on each team on the court at all times and the goals are smaller. To name a few.

You mean like this?

I don't have a proper attic as our ceiling is pretty much as high as our roof. I'll scout around the park for anything I can use though, maybe I can reach the top bar of a swingset or something.

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:18 pm

I'm not actually out of shape as my ridiculous metabolism makes it impossible for me to put on enough weight to look fat, I'm just unfit. Not that that really makes it any better.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:36 pm

Skip wrote:
Indoor soccer is a bit different. It's more or less just soccer but inside, futsal has a few different rules. No throw ins, you place the ball on the line and take it as an indirect free kick and the keeper can't throw over 2/3 (or half, I'm a little foggy on this tbh) of the court. 5 on each team on the court at all times and the goals are smaller. To name a few.

You mean like this?

I don't have a proper attic as our ceiling is pretty much as high as our roof. I'll scout around the park for anything I can use though, maybe I can reach the top bar of a swingset or something.

Does Futsal still have a grassy field? Yeah it's different soccer from what I was thinking about though.

And yupp those are the pushups I was talking about. I never knew they can be bad for your wrists though. I used to do those to get my chest and arms stronger when first starting to work out.

And yeah man that will definitely work for pull ups if you can find some. Or do you have any soccer fields by your house? You can use the goal post. I even used to use a tree branch for doing pulls so i mean the only thing that's slowing you down for these is your imagination you know what I mean. If it can hold you you can use it.

And Neo I hear you there, I'm the same way. I burn off any little bit of food I put in me. It took my 3 years of on n off working out to put on 20 lbs. But no amount of pushups are going to make you weaker though you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Nope, it's played on a basketball or netball court.

Yeah, that's a good thought, there's a soccer field not too far away. All else fails I can just go there.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:43 pm

Oh true yeah I've seen that being played before, I think over here in Canada we call it something else, but I'm not sure what it is.

And yeah man alot of things you wouldn't think of using you can use.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 3:43 am

Let me tell you something about gasses... they are fucking murderous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ok so everytime i goto the gym
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Sports :: Training/Working out-
Jump to: