Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ok so everytime i goto the gym

Go down 
+7
SimianWonder
SSMG
Zero
Skip
Ellis
L Ron Hubbard
Superbuu3
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Empty
PostSubject: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 2:48 pm

I've been going for year i might add so i'm pretty decent with knowing what does what, but what the hell are you suppose to do with these and i never seen anyone use one either:

Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Reebok-double-grip-medicine-ball-5kg
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
L Ron Hubbard
Chalupa Batman MacArthur
L Ron Hubbard

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:02 pm

They're medicine balls.

http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/medicine-ball-exercises.html

Here are some workout exercises, using medicine balls.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scientology.org
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:07 pm

are they good exercises should i buy one?
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:15 pm

Medicine balls are really good to work out with. It's better than using free weights in some instances though I've always found them more practical with a partner.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 2:57 am

We used them when I played basketball. The idea was that by substituting basketballs for medecine balls in pass drills we'd increase the power and speed of our passes. I'm not sure if that's the proper use though.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 2:56 pm

Skip wrote:
We used them when I played basketball. The idea was that by substituting basketballs for medecine balls in pass drills we'd increase the power and speed of our passes. I'm not sure if that's the proper use though.

That's one of them. Some medicine balls look identical to volleyballs and so you can trick someone and be like "Yo, let's play volleyball.". And then they hurt themselves on the ball hehe.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 3:05 pm

Zero wrote:
Some medicine balls look identical to volleyballs and so you can trick someone and be like "Yo, let's play volleyball.". And then they hurt themselves on the ball hehe.

Yeah some of them look exactly like a volleyball...I've seen this happen before, my buddy sprained his wrist trying this.

As for other uses, I see alot of people at my gym using these while on decline ab workout.... You'd never catch me wasting my time with stuff like this, but to each their own I guess.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 7:48 pm

It's basically just an alternative weight training. If you just have a catch with someone with a heavy enough medicine ball, it's a lot like having certain arm weights on for a while.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 8:58 pm

Gym?

Haven't been to a gym in years. In fact, the last year I've put on about a stone partly due to almost complete lack of physical exercise (except bicep curls) and partly due to the wife's love of cooking. I really need to pull my finger out, get back in shape.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 11:00 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Gym?

Haven't been to a gym in years. In fact, the last year I've put on about a stone partly due to almost complete lack of physical exercise (except bicep curls) and partly due to the wife's love of cooking. I really need to pull my finger out, get back in shape.
I've been horrendously neglecting this to.

Has anyone else apart from me and simi.

You reckon we could do some kind of challenge to make this interesting?

Maybe bicep size, waist size and other stuff. I've developed a slight belly >_> and i need to lose it big time. I'm gonna start swimming. Obviously these young guys will cane us but it might help motivation.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 5:45 pm

I never go to the gym. Not in the past or now. I usually run a mile or two every morning monday-friday (most of the time though I do miss sometimes). I don't do anything other than push ups or sit ups when I work out. God gave me a runners body, no use trying to wiegh it down with muscle.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 2:33 am

I'm currently hitting the gym 3 times a week, doing a full body workout.
I do
Squats -275 lbs and rising (well everything's rising weekly)
Deadlifts -245 lbs
Bench press with dumbbells 80' lbs
Back row I'm not sure on the weight I use the machine
Over head press 130 lbs
And Then I alternate workouts with pull ups/chin ups until failure.

All these are a few warm up sets then 3x5 except for the last one which is 3 sets still.

I also do cardio on the days off, usually HIIT cardio on my elliptical bike at home unless I feel like getting some fresh air.

I'm pretty happy with this routine now it's a tough one probably the toughest one yet for me but I've been making the biggest gains on this one over any other.

Last edited by SSMG on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 2:57 am

what's a gym?
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:47 am

It's where you get your badges.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 4:40 am

Only one per gym man.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:59 pm

No one try that workout I posted without seeing a physician first. My lower back is fucked from my squats and deads today. I'm now gunna have to take a month off Sad
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:00 pm

Um... i did think it seemed a bit excessive, maybe i should've said that earlier.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 5:04 pm

275 and 245 pounds sounds like a lot. Don't think I could have done that, and I'm in pretty good shape.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:24 pm

It's never enough! When I get back I'mma make that weight my bitch! lol

I'm definitely switching up my routine as well. Pretty much keeping it the same exercises just going to make it a 2 day push/pull routine, going 4 times a week. So I'll do my Deads, back row, power cleans and pull ups on one day(pull) then squats, bench press, overhead press and dips then next day(push), then a rest day then back at it again. My doctor says i should take about a month off, but It's been 3 days now and I'm already feeling better. I'll see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 1:02 am

Kaede wrote:
275 and 245 pounds sounds like a lot. Don't think I could have done that, and I'm in pretty good shape.
You must be built like a dude.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 5:20 am

Yeah I am a pretty big built. I was 6'3 ,180 lbs before I started working out now I'm about 2 bills or so. I'm going to drop the weight though on those as well a bit.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 12:44 pm

SSMG wrote:
Yeah I am a pretty big built. I was 6'3 ,180 lbs before I started working out now I'm about 2 bills or so. I'm going to drop the weight though on those as well a bit.
I was referring to Kaede.

But yeah i thought you were lifting a lot.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 2:16 pm

I said that I couldn't do it, Buu. But I've been training since I was 8, or something, only it doesn't manifest as bulk. If I flex my biceps they're rather impressive, though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 3:23 pm

Kaede wrote:
I said that I couldn't do it, Buu. But I've been training since I was 8, or something, only it doesn't manifest as bulk. If I flex my biceps they're rather impressive, though.
You sounded like you might be able to, there's nothing wrong with being built like a tank even if you're a lady.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 3:33 pm

Wait Kaede you're a girl? Well then there's no shame in not being able to do those numbers I listed. I was lifting heavy for 3 years to lead up to those numbers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok so everytime i goto the gym    Ok so everytime i goto the gym  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ok so everytime i goto the gym
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Sports :: Training/Working out-
Jump to: