Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

disgaea 4

Go down 
+7
Neo
BlackChaosDragon
Baal
Maskull
Haseoviawesome
Superbuu3
brandon
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

disgaea 4 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: disgaea 4   disgaea 4 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 7:39 am

Well, I haven't posted here in a while...

I was given this for my Birthday last year (December) and managed about 20 hours play up to January. I then abandoned the game!

Recently having tired somewhat of TDU2, I fired up this again. I am now up to about 165 hours play. This is about the only game that has kept my interest (other than TDU2) in quite a while.

I'm still looking for decent weaponry (need to unlock the Land of Carnage I suppose). Also I am still in need of Statisticians.

Having got some Tier 6 Professors with Teaching License I can get a 280% Boost to EXP on Mount of Ordeals 4. Somehow I managed to get MoO Approved on a supposed 31% in favour. Took ages to be powerful enough to get to the fourth map.

I am in Post Game now and have got as far as Pringer X (who I defeated).

The only DLC I bought was for Medics, Necromancers and Pink/Death Sabers. I managed to get the Death Saber before completing the main game. I went to the Chara World immediately after downloading and unlocked it on about Level 7.

My Tier 6 Medic (now complete with Teaching License from the Professors) is all Moved and Throw-ed out to give a movement of 9 spaces and throw of 5. She also has a pretty decent Jump rating.

Not totally convincd by the Zombies from the Necromancer but at least they do give you a little EXP and MANA if you defeat them.

I have been working on a Tier 6 Professor. She is in the 3000's now and has a few reincarnations under her belt. Her base INT with my best Staff is 316K. She had better INT than my Level 8000-ish Mage with that weapon! Only two Reverse Piratings on that Staff so far as I didn't have the power to get further safely.

Juggling about some Evil Symbols in the Cam-Pain HQ, making that Professor a of about five of them resulted in her INT being boosted to 421K which ought to prove useful! She is my first character to managed a 1000K hit. Now, if I could somehow fit in another Evil Symbol I could boost here a little more!
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

disgaea 4 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: disgaea 4   disgaea 4 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 7:43 am

if you need statisticians save before reverse pirating. i believe that's the only way to get them. also, if you didn't get the patch you can item dupe and save even more time getting innocents
Back to top Go down
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

disgaea 4 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: disgaea 4   disgaea 4 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:08 am

I did do the update and have been using the DLC (no chance of buying it all at over £80).

I have my High Def Asagi now.

I need the Puppy Paw Stick so that I can maybe get items in the Chara World. I have still to figure out how you get the Spheres etc in the Chara World. I was somewhat surprised after one hit to get an Aptitude Sphere, an Evility Sphere and one of the Heart Cons all at once.

With the boost from the Symbols, I was able to take my Professor at Level 1 after a reincantaion and clear MoO4 at 99% hit chance. One trip with the Teaching License on the map resulted in a Level 1 to Level 619 leap, which is not too bad with no Statisticians yet.
Back to top Go down
DarkAkatosh
Deck Hand
DarkAkatosh

disgaea 4 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: disgaea 4   disgaea 4 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 2:20 am

Statisticians are overrated. Level is too small a stat gain to bother. Aptitude and gear is where it's at.
Back to top Go down
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

disgaea 4 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: disgaea 4   disgaea 4 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 4:25 am

Courtesy of some Graph Paper with the available squares of the map marked out and some Tracing Paper to try to fit the Evil Symbols in, I now have seven Symbols coinciding for a Leader on one particular square. As my Professor is the most powerful, she gets to stand on that Leader square and gets her INT boost by about 140K to around 650K currently. Still not brilliant by previous Disgaea standards, but good enough to defeat Zetta at over 3000K a time with Giga Star and Magic Boost. The Professor is around Level 5000, but my Level 8000+ Mage was unable to register a hit on Zetta. I think I now need to level up Tera Star on the Professor, so that I can maybe defeat the returning Pringer X.

I have spent far too long trying to get those Symbols optimised, but I think the result was worth it. I now need to do some juggling so that the support characters (that give the boost) become the leader temporarily to boost their own stats so that I can get an even bigger boost when the Professor reverts to her Leader position. Makes a change from the normal Disgaea grinding...
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

disgaea 4 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: disgaea 4   disgaea 4 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:23 pm

and on that note looks like there wont be a complete DLC pack ... damn Sad
Well at least i killed baal with Tyrant Val
at least the flashback episode was good i just need to see The fuka and desco show now.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

disgaea 4 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: disgaea 4   disgaea 4 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:51 am

Well, I now seem to be somewhat snowed under with PPS's (I stopped at four though) capturing the Nekomata from X DImension 1.1 (Level 3040 with Strongest Enemies). I also managed to get all the Pirate Ship parts available through them.

My best Mage got to level 9999 (had to get that Trophy). The 300 stack of Statisticians did speed up the process a little. Needless to say with the pathetic rate at which the PPS produces results from the Heart Cons I have yet to do any good with it.

I can finally steal off Pringer X (Roar map) with my Thief. Now all I need is to make my Mage powerful enough to beat him!

Rather like my Aegis Knight (Tier 6). I upgraded his movement and throwing. With the PPS (level 40) he can move 6 spaces and throw a distance of 8.

At least I have now cleared the first half of the X Dimension. I now need to find the rest!

Also need to find the items to enable me to access the Land of Carnage.

The game can certainly frustrate, big time, occasionally!
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

disgaea 4 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: disgaea 4   disgaea 4 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:17 am

i caved in to the expensive dlc and bought nisa, adell, and rozalin. rozalin I love you
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

disgaea 4 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: disgaea 4   disgaea 4 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 7:36 pm

Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

disgaea 4 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: disgaea 4   disgaea 4 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 8:46 pm

http://gamingbolt.com/disgaea-4-a-promise-revisited-coming-to-useu-in-august

LE:http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Disgaea-4-A-Promise-Revisited-Limited-Edition

Theres no point in making another topic right?

Looks like i need to climb the pirate leader board again. Gonna aim for No1 hopefully i'll make it in time
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

disgaea 4 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: disgaea 4   disgaea 4 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 2:23 pm

Na. I should get this, I doubt I will but i should lol.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

disgaea 4 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: disgaea 4   disgaea 4 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 8:28 pm

Yes you should Razz

But as you know like all t-s rpg its grind heavy,but you should be able to get though the story and extra story's no problem, just the post game is where the enemy level goes up in their 1000's. So no forced decisions.

Of course i dunno if the cheat shop makes things any easier thats something i'll find out whilst playing it. Naturally a good few people complained about how the cheat shop made things too easy but they still used it anyway lol

Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

disgaea 4 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: disgaea 4   disgaea 4 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 9:15 pm

Right...Uh where do i start?

Okay firstly sorry buu i was being held hostage by that online game i was stuck in.

Anyways
You dont need to have any kind of knowledge about the previous games as each of them counts as stand alon. They do take place in a netherworld but each game is a different netherworld.
There games are good but it depends.... on what kinda theme you want
Disgaea games also are slightly political too.

Pros/Cons/bugs/ect
!. There were new lines added in the game for each character except emeizal and boss chracters, however troy baker couldnt do Valvatorezes new lines as he was busy at the time so Matt mercier voices them it does sound odd especially if one character has 2 different sounding voices (slightly i guess)
Just for the new bits anyway (extra story and extra lines) JP is still the same throughout.

2.Theres a frame rate issue in the item world each floor 10 (each 1-9 is fine though)

3. In the item world there are certain enemy's (EN voices) that causes the game to crash acording to some folk its the rifle demons (switching to JP there's no problems...... dunno why though vut thats what i did when i went through the item world and just for it)

4.There is a ton of content to go through ( as expected of a TRPG) and additional weapons added rank 40-2 as they're called

5. All the DLC from the PS3 version is included story's characters and maps ect

6. Item god glitch is still available ..... basically endless powering of an item Kill -exit-kill-exit repeat

7.Each generic class has 2 unique skills added

8.umm....As you know TRPGs are grindy though the cheat shop simplifies grinding somewhat by altering how much you get

9 The online is sill there so you can play other folks's maps or you can make your own ....but the options are still limited to what you can place, and which map you can use.

And there that explains it Again id just say try the demo then decide as your demo data can be used in the actual game too, and you can continue from there.

I hope that explains everything about D4 on the vitas somewhat

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

disgaea 4 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: disgaea 4   disgaea 4 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 10:19 pm

Thanks a lot man and its super useful to know about that dodgy sounding glitch. Shame they didn't patch it.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

disgaea 4 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: disgaea 4   disgaea 4 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 11:55 pm

This is on sale on EU PSN store, it's only just over a tenner.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

disgaea 4 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: disgaea 4   disgaea 4 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 2:28 am

SimianWonder wrote:
This is on sale on EU PSN store, it's only just over a tenner.
Yeah tahts the exact reason i wanted to buy it, the vita version includes all the DLC for the PS3 version and was made later.

Also I remember BD saying 4 was significantly better than 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

disgaea 4 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: disgaea 4   disgaea 4 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

disgaea 4
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6