Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who here loves Disgaea?

Go down 
+7
Baal
nununuoka
brandon
Kay
Estelle
Dirjel
Sam
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam
Ethereal Goddess
Sam

Who here loves Disgaea? Empty
PostSubject: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:15 pm

Laharl and Etna FTW!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JudgementStar
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:16 pm

I love it!

But I had to get rid of it. The game was destroying my sanity!

I couldn't stop learning every skill on every character >.<

Oh, and Prism Rangers FTW!
Back to top Go down
Sam
Ethereal Goddess
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:19 pm

Dirjel wrote:
I love it!

But I had to get rid of it. The game was destroying my sanity!

I couldn't stop learning every skill on every character >.<

Oh, and Prism Rangers FTW!

Were you teaching your fighters magic? If so, why?

Weapon skills cannot be transferred to other characters.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:23 pm

Yes. I was teaching everybody magic.

And then spamming it over and over and over again to level it up to where it would do respecable damage. And have good range. And have more pretty patterns.

And cure. Everyone knew cure.

And I had to clear the geo-thingies on every map.

And I was changing jobs constantly.

And then, near the end of the game, I decided I wanted to put Flonne in my party. But I had never used her during the ENTIRE GAME. So I thought about how long it would take me to teach HER every magic in the game, especially since she had no pupils yet.

And I got rid of it.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Ethereal Goddess
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:31 pm

Dirjel wrote:
Yes. I was teaching everybody magic.

And then spamming it over and over and over again to level it up to where it would do respecable damage. And have good range. And have more pretty patterns.

And cure. Everyone knew cure.

And I had to clear the geo-thingies on every map.

And I was changing jobs constantly.

And then, near the end of the game, I decided I wanted to put Flonne in my party. But I had never used her during the ENTIRE GAME. So I thought about how long it would take me to teach HER every magic in the game, especially since she had no pupils yet.

And I got rid of it.

No wonder. It is generally not a good idea to teach fighters magic, because they have a shitty INT growth and aptitude. Also, to make them decent mages, you would have to waste some of your precious bonus points on INT when transmigrating.

However, the everybody knowing Heal is a good idea (is based off of RES).

I only used Flonne in Disgaea 1, because she joins early. In all the other Nippon Ichi games she was in, she joined to late in the game to bother teaching her spells, so I didn't bother.
Back to top Go down
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:32 pm

Loved 1 & 2, but I don't think I'll like the third. I don't know, but I think the series has run its course. It's a good game, but the premise for the battle system (a.k.a. get one person level 9999, you only need one person) is sort of stupid and boring. I want multiple characters, I want to use a set team, not a team of five magic knights and Adell or Laharl /w Yoshitsuna.

I'll end up playing it, but, I don't know. It seems like only the main character and one class are worth using to get the optional stuff.
Back to top Go down
Kay
Skypiea Priest
Kay

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:34 pm

Is this game really that hard? I thought i should give it try since all the skills seems very flashy.
Back to top Go down
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:36 pm

The game isn't hard, it's just, certain classes will suck incredibly and certain classes won't.

For instance, melee is good, mages (except for Galaxy) suck, Etna sucks, Flonne sucks, archers suck. There's no variation, because you'll only end up using Laharl + 5 Braveheart Casting Galaxy Mages.

Boring.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Ethereal Goddess
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:39 pm

Sairenji wrote:
Is this game really that hard? I thought i should give it try since all the skills seems very flashy.

If you just play the story and totally ignore the Item World, the game is fairly difficult. Leveling up in the Item World occassionally makes it easier.
Back to top Go down
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:41 pm

Disgaea 1 is fairly difficult, Disgaea 2 is a little easier, but they make it easier on you with Rozalin being strong.

Tink's only good for Item World, though.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:44 pm

i thought the later levels were harder in disgaea 2 because of the moving geo panels...... i struggled so much on the level where if you don't kill fast enough half the map becomes 80% ally damage
Back to top Go down
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:45 pm

Disgaea 1 has you against the very old Defender of Worlds. That battle was torture with every tile being ENEMY BOOST + 100%.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Ethereal Goddess
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:47 pm

Philia wrote:
Disgaea 1 has you against the very old Defender of Worlds. That battle was torture with every tile being ENEMY BOOST + 100%.

There is a Dark World stage in Disgaea 2 that had all the enemies standing Enemy Boost x12. BTW, they were level 250.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:49 pm

hmm i don't remember struggling that much on old DoE, then again my memory is a bit foggy on that, i remember struggling a bit when you attack the space ships
Back to top Go down
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:49 pm

Well, I don't do much Dark World maps. Only the tutorial Dark World map (epic leveling) and the only other one I unlocked.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:50 pm

i hate the dark world stages that have instant game over panels.... =(
Back to top Go down
Kay
Skypiea Priest
Kay

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:51 pm

Which one is the most flashiest?
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:52 pm

i think 2
Back to top Go down
Sam
Ethereal Goddess
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:54 pm

Have any of you unlocked the Land of Carnage in Disgaea 2? My God, was that a pain in the ass!
Back to top Go down
nununuoka
Skypiea Priest
nununuoka

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:55 pm

Disgaea is a very time consuming game.

True or False?
Back to top Go down
Kay
Skypiea Priest
Kay

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:56 pm

Cool...i pick the right one then.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:57 pm

i still haven't unlocked land of carnage

and time consumption varies from person to person if you just want story i don't think it is that long
Back to top Go down
Sam
Ethereal Goddess
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 8:01 pm

nununuoka wrote:

True or False?

If you just play the story, False. The story is only about 40 hours.

However, if you want to level to 9999, max your characters bonus points, defeat Prinny Baal and clear all the extra maps, then you could easily see yourself playing for 1000 hours.
Back to top Go down
nununuoka
Skypiea Priest
nununuoka

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 8:12 pm

Sariah Adele wrote:
nununuoka wrote:

True or False?

If you just play the story, False. The story is only about 40 hours.

However, if you want to level to 9999, max your characters bonus points, defeat Prinny Baal and clear all the extra maps, then you could easily see yourself playing for 1000 hours.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Kay
Skypiea Priest
Kay

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 8:21 pm

1000 hours huh? Looks like fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves Disgaea?   Who here loves Disgaea? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who here loves Disgaea?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next