Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remastered Games

Go down 
+5
A_Nonny_Moose
Ellis
brandon
Kaede
Baal
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Remastered Games - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remastered Games   Remastered Games - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:58 pm

At least PS games still work on PS3s. I wouldn't get any HD collections if I still had my fattie. I think a lot of these are scams and cash grabs but this one seems really cool. It's both substance and subsistence right? I hope so as my PS2 ones are the originals so it will be cool to have these versions.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Remastered Games   Remastered Games - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Yeah, it's Substance, Subsistence and Peace Walker. You get three MGS games with shitloads to do for the price of one.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Remastered Games   Remastered Games - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Can't forget all the 3DS remakes. Oh, wait. That's not remastered, it's a mindfuck version. And with Ocarina of Time, all they did was lighten up the color palette. There wasn't any actual graphical remastering. They just made it look more like Wind Waker which is inferior to the Gamecube OoT/MQ.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Remastered Games   Remastered Games - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 12:48 am

Ellis wrote:
At least PS games still work on PS3s. I wouldn't get any HD collections if I still had my fattie. I think a lot of these are scams and cash grabs but this one seems really cool. It's both substance and subsistence right? I hope so as my PS2 ones are the originals so it will be cool to have these versions.

How can you compare this to HD remakes you get a great game with two free HD masterpieces.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Remastered Games   Remastered Games - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 1:13 am

What? Because that's exactly what it is. It's an HD remake of games previously released. All three of which I already own.

Still it's a good deal though I feel like they planned on these "remakes" from the start and that's why PS2 functionality was cut. To cut PS1 functionality would be stupid as HD remakes of PS1 games would be costly to make.

That's just my theory at least.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Remastered Games   Remastered Games - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 1:16 am

Ellis wrote:
What? Because that's exactly what it is. It's an HD remake of games previously released. All three of which I already own.

Still it's a good deal though I feel like they planned on these "remakes" from the start and that's why PS2 functionality was cut. To cut PS1 functionality would be stupid as HD remakes of PS1 games would be costly to make.

A lot of work is going into Peacewalker its not liek the other half assed ports we're getting.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Remastered Games   Remastered Games - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 1:26 am

True but I'm probably not going to play it. It plays perfectly on the PSP and I'd rather use that control scheme to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Remastered Games   Remastered Games - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 1:29 am

Ellis wrote:

PS2 functionality was cut to afford a lower retail price and to fuck over Europe even more.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Remastered Games   Remastered Games - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 1:33 am

I would believe that if they were still using actually PS2 drives in the PS3 like the 60 and 40 gigs have, but they started just using emulators in the 80 gig models which made it very cheap to put it in. Didn't make that much sense to remove it at that point.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Remastered Games   Remastered Games - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 1:36 am

The European models weren't switched with emulators. For the 60 GB models. And it still cost more than 800 dollars at that point.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Remastered Games   Remastered Games - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 8:00 am

Zero wrote:
And with Ocarina of Time, all they did was lighten up the color palette. There wasn't any actual graphical remastering. They just made it look more like Wind Waker which is inferior to the Gamecube OoT/MQ.

No graphical remastering? Really?

Either you haven't played the game, or you've got rose tinted glasses on about how good the N64 game looked. The 3DS version looks massively better. Textures have been changed, the frame rate is up from 20fps to 30fps, the display is at a higher resolution, character models (especially faces) have been altered to show more detail, entire areas have been redesigned from static 2d screens into 3d areas (ie Hyrule Market), the N64s trademark fogging is gone (most obvious on Hyrule Field, but noticeable in any area bigger than a corridor), not to forget the big one which is that the whole thing is in three bloody dee.

Tell me, if that doesn't constitute a graphical remastering, what the hell does?
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Remastered Games   Remastered Games - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 7:46 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Zero wrote:
And with Ocarina of Time, all they did was lighten up the color palette. There wasn't any actual graphical remastering. They just made it look more like Wind Waker which is inferior to the Gamecube OoT/MQ.

No graphical remastering? Really?

Either you haven't played the game, or you've got rose tinted glasses on about how good the N64 game looked. The 3DS version looks massively better. Textures have been changed, the frame rate is up from 20fps to 30fps, the display is at a higher resolution, character models (especially faces) have been altered to show more detail, entire areas have been redesigned from static 2d screens into 3d areas (ie Hyrule Market), the N64s trademark fogging is gone (most obvious on Hyrule Field, but noticeable in any area bigger than a corridor), not to forget the big one which is that the whole thing is in three bloody dee.

Tell me, if that doesn't constitute a graphical remastering, what the hell does?

It's better than the N64 version but not as good as the GC version.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remastered Games   Remastered Games - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remastered Games
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3