Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raz' Angel watchthrough topic

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Empty
PostSubject: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:17 pm

this is the topic where raz will talk about the best show of all time
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 7:31 pm

Oh alright then. I'm on episode 9 of season 2 at the moment, but I'll give a brief overview of my thoughts so far.

First season was great, I'll admit I wasn't a huge fan of Angel in the first few seasons of Buffy, and liked him a lot more when he was evil; but he's really cool in his spin off.

I like that they brought Cordelia over, I think she works better in Angel than she would have in Buffy if she stayed there. It's sad that they had to kill of Doyle so quickly though, but at least he had a badass exit; and I always thought Wesley was a dick, but I'm getting used to him. He did have that episode where he pretended to be Angel, that was cool. Gunn is pretty much a walking stereotype, but I don't mind him too much. I think he works.

Season 2 has layed even more angst on Angel by bringing Darla back into the picture who has been messing with him all season so far. I like how we get flashbacks of how Darla was Sired by the Master, Angelus in his 'glory days' and Drusilla and Spike.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 11:50 pm

Oh wow, episode 10 did not end the way I expected. I was actually shocked.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 11:58 pm

Skip wrote:
First season was great, I'll admit I wasn't a huge fan of Angel in the first few seasons of Buffy, and liked him a lot more when he was evil; but he's really cool in his spin off.

Most of Buffy's boyfriends worked better when they were on their own. Angel, Spike, even Riley.[/quote]

Quote :
I like that they brought Cordelia over, I think she works better in Angel than she would have in Buffy if she stayed there. It's sad that they had to kill of Doyle so quickly though, but at least he had a badass exit; and I always thought Wesley was a dick, but I'm getting used to him. He did have that episode where he pretended to be Angel, that was cool. Gunn is pretty much a walking stereotype, but I don't mind him too much. I think he works.

Wesley and Cordelia are two of the most developed characters of all time. Enjoy them.

Doyle's actor in real life died a couple years ago, so that makes his death even more sad.

Quote :
Season 2 has layed even more angst on Angel by bringing Darla back into the picture who has been messing with him all season so far. I like how we get flashbacks of how Darla was Sired by the Master, Angelus in his 'glory days' and Drusilla and Spike.

Yeah, season 2 (and later seasons) really goes into extremely dark territories. It's one of the series' strongest points. Buffy was superior in its creativity and innovative storytelling, but Angel's the best when it comes to telling ballsy stories.

The Darla arc is a huge step up from season 1 (which I already really liked) and it only gets better with every season.

BTW what did you think of the Faith two-parter? That was season 1's best story.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:48 am

The Faith episodes were pretty intense, important character development for her as well as showing Angel will try to help anyone as long as they want to change.

Gunn, Wesley and Cordelia are showing balls in keeping the agency running while Angel is essentially going renegade and focussing on Darla above his overall mission.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:12 pm

Oh hey, it's that chick who appeared a few times already. The one who first wanted to become a vampire then met Buffy again after she killed Angel. It took me a while to work out it was her tbh, I guess I probably would have noticed sooner if I was watching Buffy and Angel side by side.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:12 pm

I like Wesley just a little bit more now, after he pulled a detective from some Agatha Christie book.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:01 am

Yay, the gang's back together!
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:12 pm

I like how the solution to this incredibly dark arc is done in such a light and whimsy tone.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:11 am

Hahaha, he bought her new clothes.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 5:14 am

Lindsey's 'evil hand' scene was one of his best moments.

And I appreciated the send off Angel gave him.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 5:34 am

"I'm not cheap, I'm just old. I remember when a few bob got you a good meal, a bottle and a tavern wench."
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 7:24 am

Angel has a sweet cape now.

And awww shit, Wolfram and Hart appear to be multi-dimensional.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:48 am

That was a cool arc, I liked the hole Feudal thing they had going on. Cordelia giving up her crown shows how far she's come since the first season of Buffy, and it showed Angel's struggle with the demon inside him.

Also I guess this is the point in Buffy where Buffy died, I guess this will throw Angel back into the dark territory it was in at the beginning of season 2.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:31 pm

Ever get the impression your talking to no one?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:38 pm

I'm reading, just feel like if I reply to some things I'll get dangerously close to spoiling things.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 1:06 am

Oh look out, Darla's pregnant?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 8:41 am

Oh shit, doesn't look good for Angel, that vampire hunter is back in business.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 8:51 am

Holtz is badass.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 9:46 am

He certainly seems to be.

Wow, I didn't see that coming. Not exactly a conventional birth.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 12:35 am

Ha, I knew Angel as a dad would be fun.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:59 am

Ahh, poor Wesley.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 4:09 am

I assume Angel will really piss off this time traveling demon guy in the future, since he seems to have no clue about him right now.

Wesley does the 'tortured brooding guy' quite well himself.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 4:27 am

Wow, what the shit just happened?

That was all very abrupt.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 5:21 am

Didn't see that coming. Him going back and changing the prophecies and all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raz' Angel watchthrough topic   Raz' Angel watchthrough topic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raz' Angel watchthrough topic
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next