Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece

Go down 
+7
Skip
Kaio
Ellis
SimianWonder
Superbuu3
Savage
Baal
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 7:23 pm

SHU SHU WILL NEVER GET HIS TREASURE BACK.

EDIT: Oh boy, Nami is getting mad at Luffy for no reason.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 7:59 pm

The dub doesn't get really awesome until Arlong Park. Before that was good to great, but Clinkenbeard and Vale were still getting used to the role and they felt the need to throw at least one curse in every sentence. Still better than Viz' scalliwag pirate speak though.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:16 pm

Yeah, she sounds a bit off at points as Luffy. Sabat is spot on as Zoro, though, damn.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:21 pm

"What did you do with our captain?"
"WE ATE HIM!"
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:35 pm

I'm just an ordinary run of the mill hypnotist.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:13 am

Todd Haberkon is great.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:19 am

Just finished Season One - First Voyage and now that I've watched through it again, I can certainly say my favorite episodes were the ones on Syrup Village (I think that's Usopp's Village?) because not only is Kuro absolutely amazing as a villain but these episodes also reminded me that Usopp being a coward but having to stand up for himself is part of what made him such an enjoyable character.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:22 am

Baal wrote:
Just finished Season One - First Voyage and now that I've watched through it again, I can certainly say my favorite episodes were the ones on Syrup Village (I think that's Usopp's Village?) because not only is Kuro absolutely amazing as a villain but these episodes also reminded me that Usopp being a coward but having to stand up for himself is part of what made him such an enjoyable character.
*brofist*
Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Kuro_velocissimo
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:24 am

I really cannot get enough of him, he's so despicably evil but he can back it all up and Kent Williams gives him a voice that is filled with so much slime.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:27 am

I remember doing a review of season of First Voyage on DBD and giving Williams a 10/10 for his Kuro performance.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:29 am

Kaio wrote:
I remember doing a review of season of First Voyage on DBD and giving Williams a 10/10 for his Kuro performance.
Is the funimation version of him good enough to warrant me rewatching that arc?
I don't know if this is even out on DVD here.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:31 am

Yes, the Funimation Dub is worth rewatching it in its entirety.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:34 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Kaio wrote:

They don't release OP in Brittain. The dub episodes are available on Hulu and FUNi's OP site, but you need a region blocker to watch them.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:35 am

Baal wrote:
Yes, the Funimation Dub is worth rewatching it in its entirety.

And this.

Haters gonna hate Colleen, but she does a magnificent job at portraying Luffy's character.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:41 am

I was the first one who brought that up.

/AM I COOL YET, GUYZ?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:48 am

Kaio wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Kaio wrote:

They don't release OP in Brittain. The dub episodes are available on Hulu and FUNi's OP site, but you need a region blocker to watch them.
I can't believe we don't get one piece hell i even had to import a german copy of grand adventure, which wasn't really worth the cost at all.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:50 am

You could always just download a torrent if need be.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Kaio wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Kaio wrote:

I can't believe we don't get one piece hell i even had to import a german copy of grand adventure, which wasn't really worth the cost at all.

Toei charges insane licensing fees for their anime. Only companies like FUNimation and Kana are able to take risks with those prices attached.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 5:13 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Oh yeah but the instances you referred to were due to water.

Does that make them any less valid? As a fruit user, surely that's a legitimate tactic to use against Luffy?
Well there's a huge difference IMO, considering Luffy fought Kuro on his terms, seeing as he is the one who initiated the attack. Had Kuro planned the fight with Luffy at the current strength levels and lack of people around and the relatively threatening crew, the guys would've been very dead. Especially considering Kuro was meant to be a genius compared to basically anything we saw in east blue. I mean the guys name was Kuro of a million plans (or words to that effect).

I mean just picture the disaster taht would've happened if it was Kuro that attacked luffy on the arabatie, his general speed (excluding super speed) would've been a disaster in such a water rich environment.
You make Kuro sound like the Batman of One Piece. Though I agree he was much more of a threat than Krieg. It would be cool to see him return though, plus out of the villains Luffy's faced so far, he would seem the most likely to escape the navy and return with a stronger crew.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 11:43 am

Crocodile makes Kuro's planning look like child's play.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 3:43 pm

Well Kuro had no special training he was a self made man and wasn't using a devil fruit. All round he was badass.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 3:48 pm

Crocodile's planning had nothing to do with his DF ability, and we have no idea about his history either, so the comparison is rather moot.

Still, for my money Sir Croc's been the strongest OP villain by a fair mile. (Not in terms of actual strength, but in terms of character)
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 3:51 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Still, for my money Sir Croc's been the strongest OP villain by a fair mile. (Not in terms of actual strength, but in terms of character)
Definitely, he's been my favourite villain since he showed up.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 3:53 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Crocodile's planning had nothing to do with his DF ability, and we have no idea about his history either, so the comparison is rather moot.

Crocodile wouldn't be a shichubuki if it wasn't for his DF ability. He wouldn't have been able to execute his plan without being one. It had everything to do with it.

I mean he was taking over a desert country, you don't think he chose that country because it was his natural strong suit to?
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 3:57 pm

Psh, Crocodile ain't shit. He was weak against blood. Any girl on her period would wreck his ass. Buggy is where it's at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece   Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baaru watches the Funi Dub of One Piece
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next