Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game of Thrones

Go down 
+14
SSMG
Haseoviawesome
Baal
Eevil-Psycho
Old School
Lord Percy Stark
Casa
Savage
Neo
Superbuu3
Skip
L Ron Hubbard
Kaio
Ellis
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Game of Thrones - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:04 pm

Watched the first episode, that blonde kid has some talent, he managed to present himself as smug cunt in the few seconds of screentime he got. Hagrid was in the background, drinking merrily, like a boss. It looks really good, but one hour episodes are a bitch, they're harder to justify taking a break from uni shiz for.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:13 pm

Yes. Yesssssssssssssssss.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:16 pm

Joffrey only gets worse.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:27 pm

He's got to be the imbred son of the queen and her tall brother. They're all cocks.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:29 pm

Yeah, that reveal must've been the most obvious twist ever.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:20 pm

D: The poor wolf.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:28 am

That was some good stuff, I predicted the ending when
Spoiler:

Can't wait for the next season though, I might read the books if I get the chance, though seems unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:50 pm

The books are about 1000 pages paperback. They are dedications. I read this second one this summer so far and just started on the third one. If you like books and the subject matter they are great reads, but just be prepared for the epicness.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Jamie Lannister is a POV character now in the third book. Badass. Samwell Tarley is also a new one. fatass.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 4:39 pm

This is not final by any means but word on the ASoIaF board is that Henry Ian Cusick is being sought after to play Mance Rayder, King-beyond-the-wall, in the second season. I know the dude was in Lost and received an emmy nomination but does anyone know (Kaio) if he would fit the description of this character?

He is supposed to be an extremely charismatic and naturally likeable person and leader. He is about middle aged, 45ish but surprisingly spry and fit. Being able to sing is also something he would need.

I've never watched Lost or anything with him in it so I don't know if he's a good fit.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 4:43 pm

Cusick is the the most likable and charismatic actor in all of Lost, so he's got that down. He doesn't sing though.

This video will instantly make you fall in love with him even though you've never seen Lost or know the character.

Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 4:54 pm

He actually looks in that video just like how I picture Mance looking which is cool. I hope he gets it. I wasn't sure of his look from his wiki picture but he def has the look of the role too.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:25 pm

Even though it's old news I just read that Carice van Houten has been cast for the role of Melisandre (sp?). She is without a doubt the best Dutch actress currently in the business and she wins the Dutch equivalent of the Oscars almost every year. Maybe this will give her a foothold overseas (because let's be honest, playing Tom Cruise's wife isn't going to do that).
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:04 pm

She looks the part but I've never seen any of her work. The staff has done a fabulous job casting so far so I trust them in their decision. She is going to be a character everyone hates (character personality wise), on par with Joffrey and Ramsay Bolton (he's gonna make Joffrey seem like a merciful saint)
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:02 am

So I finally started reading hte fourth book, A Feast for Crows, after a brief hiatus from the series. I was reading the first few chapters and loving the different aspects of the kingdom we are given (finally getting POV characters on the Iron Islands and in Dorne) but I can see why people say it's the weakest in the series. There is no Jon, no Tyrion, Bran (I can live with that), Davos and no Dany.

What the fuck? Jon I understand after the end of ASoS but Tyrion ended the thrid book with the biggest cliffhanger ever and Dany just became amazing after taking the second book off to be really boring. We still get the classics like Arya and Sansa and thank God Jamie is back since he was easily the best part of ASoS, but there are just so many new players. Cercei is a POV character this time which is weird. still a raging bitch though.

And Kaio I know you said you just got the thrid book so I assume you are reading the series. How far are you? I know Neo said he was almost done AGoT.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:05 pm

Well I ordered the first 4 books for $28. I'll start cracking once I finish my exams.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:17 pm

Good for you bro. You'll love 'em.

Also this was pretty awesome. What I wouldn't give for this to actually be a 2d rpg.

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 1:12 am

I'm considering starting a petition to officially change the name of this series from "A Song of Ice and Fire" to "Despite Jon, Arya and Bran being Real Boss Niggas the Starks get Fucked Over by Everyone Ever: The Books".
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 1:26 am

How far are you? I'm halfway through the fourth book and the Starks family still gets the shaft. A lack of Tyrion and Jon and too much Sansa and Sam is seriously putting a damper on the book. Luckily all the boss characters are in the fifth book since 4 & 5 take place at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 1:36 am

Finished the second book today but my asshole friend decided to tell me some stuff that apparently happens in the later books so I know more than I should. About three quarters into the second book Daenerys got a bunch of visions that, to someone with knowledge of later events in the series, were chock full of foreshadowing so I have no doubt that what he told me was true.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 2:01 am

That's gay. I know exactly what you're talking about and as of where I am that hasn't come to fruition. The best part of the series will be happening halfway through the third book though. You'll know exactly what it is when it happens. Oh wait there are events that happen in the thrid book (the book that finally makes Dany a top teir character) that are forshadowed there. The whole betrayed type of things.

What's your opinion on Theon? On the wiki boards everyone hates him but to be honest I think he's one of the best developed characters and I get why he did what he did, even if he was generally a prick.

Have you heard about the theory of who Jon Snow actually is? It isn't a spoiler because no one knows this is just a theory but it sounds way too plausible for it not to be what Martin reveals in the next 2 books.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 2:13 am

Theon is alright, it was a pretty dick move what he did but it seems like he's trying to be as decent a bloke as possible while still getting what he wants. It's better him being in control than his father anyway, that guy is a cunt.

Haven't really talked to anyone else about this series so I have no idea what you mean about Jon, although apparently (FIFTH BOOK SPOILERS)
Spoiler:

Do tell the theory though, I'm interested.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 2:44 am

Well people on the wiki have been saying that Jon is most likely not Ned's kid at all. He is the Prince that was promised (instead of Stannis) I don't know if this has been told yet but Rheagar said that he believed his son Aegon was the prince that was promised but he and his son are dead.

The theory is that he is likely the child of Lyanna and Rheagar (this is why he can pass as a Stark since his mom was Ned's sister)/ Also Ned just wouldn't do a disshonorable thing like father a bastard and the books make that clear. That is why he never tells anyone who the mum is either. The story goes more and more towards the fact that Jon Snow is gonna be big boss man after everything goes down (at least where I am at) and he is most liekly the one who defeats the whitewalkers, yadda yadda yadda. It seems pretty damn plausible, expecially given the fact that the whole Rheagar kidnapping Lyanna doesn't seem to be what it seems when talked about in the story, making me believe there is more too it. Plus the Prince that was promised keeps getting alluded to the further the series goes.

Interesting theory to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 2:50 am

It's interesting but it doesn't really explain why Jon looks exactly like Ned did or why he's not blonde with purple eyes.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:23 am

He got the Stark dominant genes? I don't know. I think this would be really cool though in the book it does specifically say that Jon looks more like Ned than the other children.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones
Page 2 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next