Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kaio gets back into Smallville

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Kaio gets back into Smallville Empty
PostSubject: Kaio gets back into Smallville   Kaio gets back into Smallville Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 9:05 pm

The series is ending in May and I want to be up to date when that happens.

The last episode I watched two years ago was papa Kent's death. Let's hope the series is able to recover from the shit it was in the past two seasons and become good again.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Kaio gets back into Smallville   Kaio gets back into Smallville Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 9:07 pm

I wouldn't get your hopes up. From the few episodes I've seen, this show is boring as shit.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Kaio gets back into Smallville   Kaio gets back into Smallville Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 9:15 pm

Smallville is even more decompressed than Drag On Ball Z. The only reason to watch it anymore is if you're already a fan of the Superman mythos.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio gets back into Smallville   Kaio gets back into Smallville Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 9:56 pm

season 1-7 are all good, season 2 and 3 are probably the best.

Season 8 starts out good but has a sharp decline and is probably the first time i would say i saw bad episodes. Not seen season 9 yet.

Savage opinion makes no sense whatsoever as usual.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio gets back into Smallville   Kaio gets back into Smallville Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:09 pm

He's right about the pacing of the show though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio gets back into Smallville   Kaio gets back into Smallville Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Kaio wrote:
He's right about the pacing of the show though.
Its like supernatural, they have random episodes most often the unconnected stories being the most interesting and then has an underlying plot. Where is he really expecting supes to go? The whole daily planet thing is unlikely to ever happen.

There's never really such a thing as a filler episode as thats just the way the show always was.

Comparing that to dbz staring contests is flat out retarded.

Its a fairly valid point to say the show has a slow pace but its always steady.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Kaio gets back into Smallville   Kaio gets back into Smallville Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:30 pm

I wasn't equating decompression to filler material.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio gets back into Smallville   Kaio gets back into Smallville Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:33 pm

Supernatural became more serialised as time went on and the standalones were always unique and were at least related to the main plot in some way. Smallville's standalones are always the same (green kryptonite causes trouble, Clark is nerfed so that the plot can fill 40 minutes) and whenever the plot does seem to proceed it's solved at the end by amnesia (you'd think Lana would suffer permanent brain damage after being slammed in the head so many times) to go back to the status quo.

Also, aside from the Luthors the characters are pretty boring and the drama is underplayed and there's never a point where you truly connect with a character and feel for them.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio gets back into Smallville   Kaio gets back into Smallville Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:43 pm

Kaio wrote:
Supernatural became more serialised as time went on and the standalones were always unique and were at least related to the main plot in some way. Smallville's standalones are always the same (green kryptonite causes trouble, Clark is nerfed so that the plot can fill 40 minutes) and whenever the plot does seem to proceed it's solved at the end by amnesia (you'd think Lana would suffer permanent brain damage after being slammed in the head so many times) to go back to the status quo.

Also, aside from the Luthors the characters are pretty boring and the drama is underplayed and there's never a point where you truly connect with a character and feel for them.
Thats what happens when watching a series interrupted, if you watch it in consistently you'd care about the characters season 4 no one is particularly likeable as everyone is screwing everyone over. Also Lana gets screentime which is always a very very bad thing.

I don't recall amnesia ever being used except for with lex in season 3. Aside from that, people are actually passed out most of the time. If thats going to put you off the series i wouldn't recommend watching it though. This isn't like watching 24 or something, as far as i'm concerned superman was always one of the most BS characters as he was surrounded by stupid people who never figured anything out.

There's just the typical dumb crap i've seen in every other show. Kryptonite goons really aren't all that prominent outside season 1-3 so not really sure what to say about that. IIRC other superheroes start showing up from season 4 onwards and more DC mythos is used. So if kryptonite villains are your main concern i wouldn't let that put you off, they do cut down considerably as Clarke's older. I insist you get to season 5 though as James Masters in it and thats reason enough to watch anything. Not really sure if you'll wanna watch season 8 though like i said it starts off decent enough but it actually has bad episodes.

Also the luthors are pretty much the characters to watch the show for, i also think alison mack is great to though. Erica Durance when she shows up is grat to and puts a lot more life into the series.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Kaio gets back into Smallville   Kaio gets back into Smallville Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:04 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio gets back into Smallville   Kaio gets back into Smallville Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:09 am

Mark spoilers he;s not there yet
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Kaio gets back into Smallville   Kaio gets back into Smallville Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:27 am

He already knows he's dead. I said it a million times in the past.

Forgetting doesn't count.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Kaio gets back into Smallville   Kaio gets back into Smallville Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:26 am

Ha, Lionel's in tonight's show.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Kaio gets back into Smallville   Kaio gets back into Smallville Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:28 am

You cereal?
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Kaio gets back into Smallville   Kaio gets back into Smallville Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:29 am

I cereal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaio gets back into Smallville   Kaio gets back into Smallville Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kaio gets back into Smallville
Page 1 of 1