Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Empty
PostSubject: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 9:15 pm

And it's an actual HD remake this time, not just a port that outputs at an HD resolution.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/12/22/oddworld-strangers-wrath-for-psn-taking-hd-remakes-to-the-next-level/
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:06 pm

So they're making it again, but in HD? Every developer should do that.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:49 pm

Abe's Oddysee too.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-31-abes-oddysee-hd-remake-confirmed

I'd love a new damn Oddworld game, but this is the next best thing. Hopefully JAW updates Oddysee with some of Exodus's features.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:56 pm

That looks amazing.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 1:46 am

Just Add Water is going nuts with this. I love it. Stranger's Wrath (which was supposed to be out this week) has been delayed to the summer, but they're also doing Munch's Oddysee HD too, so I'll finally get to play it. That comes out in October.

The Abe remake could be a remake of either Abe game too, they haven't decided. It might even be a new Abe game.

They're also making the scrapped Hand of Odd, which is an RTS game. That's for the mobile market.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:18 pm

Out today priced at 10 pounds.
Ico collection is 20 pounds amazingly cheaper the shops.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:21 pm

I was expecting a Plus discount. This can wait until after Christmas then, just in case it's in a sale soon. I'll go through Sam & Max and my Christmas games and come back to this.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:26 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I was expecting a Plus discount. This can wait until after Christmas then, just in case it's in a sale soon. I'll go through Sam & Max and my Christmas games and come back to this.
I'm not buying anything till 23rd, I'm extremely tempted to pick these up, but i hate disc space issues with DD titles.

Aren't you going to get SotC?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:28 pm

That's not an issue for me anymore. I have just about everything I've ever purchased on my HDD now. It takes up about 50gb. I have almost no game data installed though. That would probably take up another 40gb with all my games combined.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:37 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
That's not an issue for me anymore. I have just about everything I've ever purchased on my HDD now. It takes up about 50gb. I have almost no game data installed though. That would probably take up another 40gb with all my games combined.
You've got more games then me, i'm pretty sure I'm eating up way more then 120 gig with all mine, if i included installs.

I mean yakuza 3 alone takes arounds 6gig.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 3:59 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Why the hell is this anyway, it took me like half an hour to install+patch Yakuza 3+4.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Bag of Oranges wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Why the hell is this anyway, it took me like half an hour to install+patch Yakuza 3+4.
I'd assume its because its the only living breathing city in a game ever. There's simply nothing else like it. Unless there's some PC game i've never heard of that does it.

I mean the fighting engine is loaded up the whole time to now, so honestly i'm not suprised. If you played this on the PS2 and you saw how often the disc was blatently loading it makes a lot more sense. I mean the whole cities actually there the whole time and in the generation shift they even added in a first person camera so there's probably a helluva lot more loading the game would require.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:17 pm

Wait the rest of the city keeps going while you're doing stuff? I guess that makes sense then, I always assumed that it just isolated everything inside the circle of people watching you fight and loaded up the rest during the mini cutscene things.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:26 pm

Bag of Oranges wrote:
Wait the rest of the city keeps going while you're doing stuff? I guess that makes sense then, I always assumed that it just isolated everything inside the circle of people watching you fight and loaded up the rest during the mini cutscene things.

Yeah in the old game the game loaded, up the fighting arenas, and it was effectively just a arena with people as walls (and the real walls to in alleys). They were really focusing on the seamless transition between the two. I'm sure the real leap in Yakuza will be between 3 and 5, the changes in 4 were really just building on the same engine as was dead souls (well they did change it from a brawler to a shooter, but that was probably still a lot easier and the cities still the same). There might be more differences i can't remember i'll probably play them in a month or two as i want to 100% 3 anyways, and fight the secret boss while playing on extra hard difficulty.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:04 pm

Aha! Wise decision to wait. it's 30% off for Plus now.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:05 pm

I got Harmony of Despair over this... dammit.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 11:40 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Aha! Wise decision to wait. it's 30% off for Plus now.
Aha 100% off.

Also this game is aweosme i thought it was a 1st person shooter its not and i'm glad.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 11:41 pm

I didn't like it because even though it wasn't all FPS, I suck so much at FPS that I couldn't get past the FPS bits.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 12:00 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I didn't like it because even though it wasn't all FPS, I suck so much at FPS that I couldn't get past the FPS bits.
Why not play on easy?

So let me get this straight this is a sequel right? So this is after James Marston and all that zombie crap?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 12:03 am

I could do that I suppose. I probably won't though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 12:07 am

You remember how many bounties you caught i'll tell you if it gets good after that bit.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 12:33 am

I got up to the boss fight in the town.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 7:44 am

Yeah this games pretty good I'd recommend not playing it on hard and either playing on easy or normal first. The game mechanics are fun and this a cool thing to see that in this game even though in the first half of the game you tend to capture everyone alive in the second half there's no real bonus to catching people alive so you can just go nuts. Allowing you to really enjoy the different types of ammo.

Only annoying things about this game is the subtitles are only present for dialogue the game feels like subtitling, which is annoying as i can't understand half the characters voices. Its also a bit confusing where you need to go at times. Also the end part of the game suffers from bland environments and annoyingly long levels. Although if i was playing on easy and not hard may have been more fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN   Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hell yeah. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath getting HD remake for PSN
Page 1 of 1