Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have you guys played the shadowrun games?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Empty
PostSubject: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 1:48 am

I'm replaying the SNES one at the moment, i'll probably playthrough the superior Genesis/megadrive version later.

They're pretty good games mixing scifi and tolkien mythos into a awesome hybrid even though that sounds plain awful on paper.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:01 am

i did when i was little but i don't remember much of it. i think i might have a ROM
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:12 am

I think i'm seriously stuck lol, I got no idea where the hell i learn to actually hack computers at the minute (if that is even the next thing i'm supposed to be doing).
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:23 am

i'd prolly be clueless too
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:31 am

Na i was being retarded i missed a cyberdeck. I completely forgot how free roam these games were. Its kinda like a watered down elders scroll game. There's not really as much to do i think the genesis version actually does have a crapload of randomised missions. But you basically need to tlak to people enough to be able to reveal information then use these as prompts to get other people to reveal info. Not like the best RPG but far from teh traditional style hich i i kinda like.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:35 am

i need a turn based rpg :/

i might go back to play persona or a suikoden gamesoon
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:40 am

Goto PSN store and download the valkyria chronicles demo.

Also the greatest turn based strategy RPG ever if your talking a battle RPG is probably shining force on genesis.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 5:21 am

i have shining force 3 for saturn

i fucking love that game
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:28 am

Not played 3 but 1 is one of my favourite RPGs ever and 2 was a sharp drop in quality.

If i were you i'd check out shining force 1 it hasn't aged all that badly and the gameplay is extremely solid its probably better then fire emblem.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:32 am

What was wrong with 2? Never played 3 but I really enjoyed that series.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:57 pm

Shining force 3 on Saturn was great... it just had the misfortune to be released shortly after FFVII, hence it was rather overlooked, especially because the Saturn sold in such low numbers.

I played and beat ShadowRun on the SNES, and thought it was great, though given that it would have been 17 or 18 years ago, I can remember very little of it now. Never played the Megadrive version.

I've spent all year playing Mass Effect 2, but now I've exhausted every inch of that game I've also had a hankering for some turn based RPG old skool action. I thought about replaying P4 or Dragon Quest VIII, but I really fancy something new. I remember trying a demo a while ago for a game that let you turn into a dragon, but I'm buggered if I can remember the name of it. Anyone know what it was, and if it was any good?

It'll only have to last a couple of months, because Dragon Age 2 is already on pre-order for next March....
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:37 pm

2 is still good and i have the enhanced version of 1 for GBA

i just wish all 3 scenarios for Shining force 3 were released in the U.S. at least i was able to get my hands on JP scenario 3 and was able to transfer my U.S data to it
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 1:38 am

@simian is that breeath of fire, i've not played it i'm probably wrong.

I suggest Crystal warriors i loved that game it was on game gear. For turn based RPG fans.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:00 am

It's probably Breath of Fire. The 4th one is the best.

*ib4"no3isbetter"*
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:03 am

I'm pretty sure only you and zero play this game so your probably fine.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:05 am

Zero thought 3 was better though, no? Anyway, if so, don't listen to him! FIND THE 4th AND PLAY THAT ONE!
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:14 am

Sora wrote:
Zero thought 3 was better though, no? Anyway, if so, don't listen to him! FIND THE 4th AND PLAY THAT ONE!
whats it on and do i need to play the first 2 like is there an ongoing plot?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:25 am

It's like the FF and DQ series. You don't really need to play any previous game to understand the following one. Each one basically has its own self-contained story(although the first and second ones both have stronger ties to each other unlike the following installments IIRC).

They all have some small connections, references, and cameos, but they're nothing to worry about. The crappy 5th game on ps2 doesn't even take place in the original universe.

I say grab the 4th game and just enjoy that one. It kicked ass.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 5:10 am

i would of mentioned BoF, but i figured he was talking about a more recent released game cause of the mentioning of a demo
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 5:40 am

Demos have existed for a long time though, they used to be available(probably still are) on disks that come with gaming magazines. If it was a RECENT one from PSN though, then I have no clue as to what it is then.

What recent game lets you transform into a dragon?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 5:46 am

Wait, could it be Blue Dragon(that game with the art designer being Akira Toriyama) for the 360? I don't think your guy changes into a Dragon, but his shadow does. Maybe it was that. =P
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 9:17 pm

No, it wan't BD, it was called Divinity II: Ego Draconis.

The demo was a bit glitchy, and the graphics were... well, they made Dragon Age look state of the Art. As luck would have it, there's been a 'remastered' version released recently, entitled 'The Dragon Knight Saga', and it features lots of additional content, including an entirely new graphics engine and a whole new expansion.

Should be worth a look.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:51 am

Yeah I ended up finding out about it a while back when I saw one of Benzaie's recent vids glorifying it(well, I assumed it was the game you were speaking of since it was apparently quite recent). Forgot to mention it here. >_>;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys played the shadowrun games?   Have you guys played the shadowrun games? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have you guys played the shadowrun games?
Page 1 of 1