Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I've never played the tomb raider games

Go down 
+4
Neo
SimianWonder
Ellis
Superbuu3
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

I've never played the tomb raider games Empty
PostSubject: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:09 pm

so is the tomb raider HD collection worth getting or playing?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:16 pm

They are fun but the controls have aged horribly. We are talking about the PS games right?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:17 pm

Ellis wrote:
They are fun but the controls have aged horribly. We are talking about the PS games right?
Na the crystal dynamics ones, legend anniversary and underworld are in a triple pack.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:18 pm

Oh those games are terrible just plain don't play those.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:46 pm

Ellis wrote:
Oh those games are terrible just plain don't play those.

Terrible? Really?

Legend was a pretty good soft "reboot", and Anniversary was essentially a remastered version of the original game. Both are pretty solid games, Legend being slightly more action oriented, Anniversary focusing more on level design and puzzles, though they share a strong narrative thread.

Underworld is basically Legend in different clothes, with an unsatisfying conclusion to the story.

Maybe they've not aged brilliantly, but they're far from terrible.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:47 pm

I might pick these up, on the off chance the new tomb raider is worth getting into might as well find out if lara is cool or annoying.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:20 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
I might pick these up, on the off chance the new tomb raider is worth getting into might as well find out if lara is cool or annoying.
It won't really make a difference considering the new Lara supposedly has a completely different personality.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 12:11 am

Neo wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
It won't really make a difference considering the new Lara supposedly has a completely different personality.
I heard its about her before shes her but she'll end up being her.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:45 am

I got this haven't played it yet, the fact this developer made legacy of kain means these games should be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:19 am

I've never played any of these games either. Just a brief demo for one of the PS ones when I was younger.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 3:59 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
I got this haven't played it yet, the fact this developer made legacy of kain means these games should be awesome.

Unfortunately that isn't the case.

On an unrelated note,I did hear that either Crystal Dynamics or Eidos was having people fill out a survey with a list of choices of titles if a new LoK were to come out. maybe that means we will finally get a new LoK game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Richard Harrow wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

Unfortunately that isn't the case.

On an unrelated note,I did hear that either Crystal Dynamics or Eidos was having people fill out a survey with a list of choices of titles if a new LoK were to come out. maybe that means we will finally get a new LoK game.
Are you certain crystal dynamics made soul reaver i can't imagine the whole team left even if amy hennig left you can even use the soul reaver in the game at least in the PS2 version i'll let you know if this version has it.

Either way this feels like it could be one of the better platformers i played at it feels like a proper platformer where cocking up means iminent death. controls are pretty decent considering its a PS2 game to.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 2:59 pm

Woah woah woah. Ellis, in the Underworld topic you said you've never played the Legend series. Why were you raggin' on it if you never played it?
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 4:50 pm

Because I have the gift. I knew I wouldn't enjoy them. Or I was just hatin' for the sake of hatin'. I've been known to do that.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 1:09 am

I'm enjoying Underworld well enough, so I bought the trilogy today since it was only £10.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 4:35 am

make sure you get the bikini outfit in legend
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 1:15 am

Do the other games have underwater areas like Underworld's? They'e the best part of the game.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 9:34 am

a few, not as good as underworld though since you have an O2 meter and can drown
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 7:00 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Do the other games have underwater areas like Underworld's? They'e the best part of the game.

They were the best because the platforming couldn't get in the way.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 3:36 am

i got the trilogy today and played legend, the graphics aren't that big of an improvement over it's ps2 version and i can only expect the same for anniversary
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 4:44 am

The new one looks absolutely wonderful.
I'm getting a very strong Uncharted vibe from it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 10:55 am

I really hope it's not like Uncharted.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 3:40 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I really hope it's not like Uncharted.

It must have been the arms/legs flailing thing when she jumped.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 10:56 am

lame, i have to start a new underworld data because i can't use the one from the stand alone game
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 10:19 am

nonny, if you haven't started yet i should warn you, legend seems really glitchy at some parts and i have no recollection of these bugs on the ps2 version
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've never played the tomb raider games   I've never played the tomb raider games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I've never played the tomb raider games
Page 1 of 1