Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Phoenix Wright is an idiot

Go down 
+3
Ace
brandon
Superbuu3
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 3:07 am

Baal wrote:
At least Ema's snarky and sarcastic in the fourth game, effectively making her one of the best characters in the fourth game. Seriously, she's one of the only shining examples of hilarious combined with great in that game especially whenever she puts down Klavier, the fucker. Seriously, Klavier was the worst prosecutor of the series.
Admittedly i'm probably a bit harsh on Ema if she didn't have a wall of text everytime i clicked on something i'd probably appreciate some of the funnier things she says.

Angell Starr makes April May likeable.... That is a fucking achievement.

Also i just despise Ema's older sister she's boring, and nbot someone you'd want to sympathise for no matter the backstory she's just acting like a dumbass.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 3:09 am

I agree, Ema's not that great in the fourth case but she's awesome in AJ. It's a nice contrast from how she was in the first game.

...It's a shame they went back to that one in the Edgeworth's game, oh well at least she had a nice hat.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 3:10 am

Baal wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Zero wrote:
That's not the worst part of it. They even entertained that filler case and built an entire game around it.
Ewwww which game is that one?
I gotta feeling i may end up playing that last unless its important plot wise.

Actually it's not filler, it was added to the DS version of the first Ace Attorney to give some background to a few of the characters in the fourth game. I mean, it's not a very good game but it's still worth playing just because it has a great villain, Ema's awesome, Apollo's okay and Phoenix is just all awesome all of the time.

No, it's filler. The story of Edgeworth in that case, for one, contradicts AA2 saying that...

Spoiler:

Also, Klavier was not one of the worst characters. Almost every character in that game was bland or just plain stupid and Klavier wasn't either.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 3:15 am

Quote :
The story of Edgeworth in that case, for one, contradicts AA2 saying that...

That doesn't make it filler, that makes it inconsistent and a plot hole.

You do not know what filler is obviously, the fifth case wasn't added to make the game longer, it was added for background information on the characters of AJ.

Quote :
Almost every character in that game was bland or just plain stupid and Klavier wasn't either.

Yeah, he sure wasn't bland. All he did was go around acting like he was hot shit all of the time until Kristoph showed up in front of him, which is the only time I could ever bear Klavier. And really? Not plain stupid? Half of the shit that comes out of his mouth is womanizing or rock band shit, not to mention the stupid ass air guitar thing.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 3:21 am

Through PW1-3 you either got tight ass prosecutors or real calm ones. Klavier was different and added a new perspective and I liked it. The fact that Klavier was dynamic in behavior means he wasn't bland.

So maybe it's not filler exactly, but it's inconsistent and should have filled the gaps with coherent story (ironic that a contradiction finding game has its own contradictions).
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 3:33 am

Quote :
Through PW1-3 you either got tight ass prosecutors or real calm ones

Except that doesn't matter because all of them weren't one dimensional, there was more to them than just the archtype especially with Godot, with the obvious exclusion of Payne who is just there to be a punching bag.

Quote :
The fact that Klavier was dynamic in behavior means he wasn't bland.

Are you honestly implying that doesn't make him bland? You don't know shit about what makes a good character if you think because he's far more abrasive than the previous ones don't make him bland. Edgeworth was an uptight prosecutor with a desire to get everyone guilty because of the injustice done to his father and the lessons forced on him by a cruel man who grows over the course of the series into someone more willing to help others and obsessed with the truth rather than winning. Franziska was an extremely uptight prosecutor who was raised by the same cruel man as Edgeworth and treats him with contempt but underneath it all she cares about Edgeworth like her very own brother and through her interactions with Pearl and Maya learns to lighten up and actually helps her opponents too especially becoming more caring towards Nick who she held nothing but contempt for previously. Godot... where the fuck do I begin with Godot? THEY ALL HAD A DEEPER CHARACTER THAN WHAT THEIR ARCHETYPE SUGGESTS, WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT DIDN'T MAKE THEM BLAND OR UNINTERESTING.

Who is Klavier Gavin? Some asshole in a shitty rock band, who is loved by millions of girls and whose problems with his brother ARE BROUGHT UP IN THE LAST FUCKING CASE OF THE GAME. They are never alluded to at all before that point in the fucking game. The main thing that helped make the other prosecutors interesting were their oppositions to Nick and how that reflected both Nick and the prosecutor, that didn't happen with Klavier as he seems to be some sort of bleeding heart and actually tries to help Apollo which removes any interest from their opposition towards the other as there's really nothing there.

Klavier is a shallow and bland character because there is quite literally nothing about him that defines him as anything more than one-dimensional that isn't contrived.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 10:31 pm

I couldn't bear it i just moved on to justice for all.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 11:46 pm

Gant is a ridiculous guy to convict, IT TOOK ME TWO FUCKING HOURS TO DO SO!

The big bad of Edgeworth's game is even worse, my god is he worse.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 11:54 pm

I really wanted to play edgeworth's game as that guy is a legend, but i thought i'd go for the correct order, I hope there's another villain as awesome as Karman, definitely my favourite villain so far, also his objection was by far the best. It would be pretty hard to top him considering he just amde the whole situation difficult i.e. even pressing could lose you points.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 11:56 pm

Oh just wait for Godot, that was the best fucking antagonist of the games. It helps that three is the best game in the whole series and not a single one of the cases was bad.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 12:41 am

The music in this one is crapper then the first. I'd rather they just use the same soundtrack rather then revamp and fail.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:34 am

Yeah, Justice For All is pretty shit. The last case being the exception.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:34 am

Baal wrote:
I had him as a Roleblocker in my Mafia game for a reason.

Buu, at some point you should go back and finish off that case, the ending is worth it.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:35 am

Skip wrote:
Said last case being one of the very best in the series.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:53 am

Udgey wrote:
Skip wrote:
Nah.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:56 am

Udgey wrote:
Baal wrote:
I had him as a Roleblocker in my Mafia game for a reason.

Buu, at some point you should go back and finish off that case, the ending is worth it.
Yeah, it's probably my second favourite. After the last case in Trials and Tribulations.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 1:54 am

Really? See, I liked the first game best and 1-4 was my favorite case and then the final case in TnT.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 3:25 am

Skip wrote:
Udgey wrote:
Skip wrote:
Nah.

It is one of the very best. The villain, the structure, Edgeworth being fucking awesome and Fran being fucking awesome of course.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 2:06 am

Psyche locks??????

WTF
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 2:26 am

It's a bit ridiculous but it ends up being a good mechanic, makes the investigation phases a lot more interesting imo.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 2:31 am

Oh yeah it seems interesting i also like the use of profiles as evidence to now. But it just seemed pretty weird when it showed up.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 5:00 am

It's not nearly as outlandish as Edgeworth's gimmick in his game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 11:38 pm

Chick von karma sucks so much compared to her dad. They gave her a whip to seriously worst character in the series yet excluding people from rise from case 5 in game 1 (thats only cause maybe she'll turn it around adn at least she doesn't go on about nothing).
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 4:13 am

She's a much better character that you initially think. In fact almost all the characters are like that.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 4:45 am

Seriously, Fran's one of my favorite characters. Manfred was a great villain but he doesn't really compare to the bad guy of JFA and T&T.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright is an idiot   Phoenix Wright is an idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phoenix Wright is an idiot
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next