Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CoD black ops

Go down 
+8
Kimarous
Skip
ilikebacon3000
Neo
A_Nonny_Moose
Ace
Superbuu3
brandon
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
brandon
Basement Butterfly

CoD black ops - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 5:37 am

any way are you getting this?

i wouldn't mind having zombie mode partners
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 5:54 am

I don't know. I plan on renting it. I'll decide it I want to get it then.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:48 am

played a round of zombies by myself, now instead of just surviving there seems to be an objective to complete. though i have no idea what it is, i'm assuming it has something to do with the generators. i died on round 9

then again i could just be presuming things again.......

there are also new enemies as well, i nearly whacked my head on my wall when i saw a flaming wolf lunge at me. there is also a crawling zombie that explodes into poisonous gas when it dies.

other then these changes it is very similar to WaW nazi zombies, they're still nazi zombies in this as well
Back to top Go down
ilikebacon3000
East Blue Pirate Captain
ilikebacon3000

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:14 am

It sounds like they are putting too much into zombies. The simplicity and limitless amount of time is what made W@W zombies fun for me. Hmpf....
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:44 am

Count me out. The last military shooter I played was Halo 2, and that was just because it was owned by the guy whose house we used for the church's Young Adults gatherings (which I have long since stopped going to for unrelated reasons). The genre just doesn't interest me and 95% of all such titles are generic as all get-out. Sure, I like some titles like Fallout 3, but they have more to them beyond "point gun, shoot face".
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:48 am

there still is limitless time if you want and its the exact same aside room being in a different area and two new enemy zombies.

i'm not entirely sure if there is an objective aside from staying alive, i was to busy looking for weapons and trying to stay away from the horde hounding me. i only assume this cause there was a map laid out in some rooms with a light on each room and i only had one light on.

also they added perks to zombie mode as well as traps that you can activate by using up the points you get from killing zombies. not sure if the perks have a time limit but the traps do. not sure how long they last though.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:53 am

Kimarous wrote:
Count me out. The last military shooter I played was Halo 2, and that was just because it was owned by the guy whose house we used for the church's Young Adults gatherings (which I have long since stopped going to for unrelated reasons). The genre just doesn't interest me and 95% of all such titles are generic as all get-out. Sure, I like some titles like Fallout 3, but they have more to them beyond "point gun, shoot face".

that's because it was never meant to be a pure shooter, if anything i consider fallout to be an rpg far more than anything else
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:59 am

i played some of the campaign just now and, well, to be blunt, so far i think it sucks compared to the others, but, oh well, my main reason for buying this is to enjoy it with my friends, not just by myself
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:09 am

Little Ichimaru wrote:
Kimarous wrote:
that's because it was never meant to be a pure shooter, if anything i consider fallout to be an rpg far more than anything else
As do I, but some people may think otherwise, hence the mention. It's not that I think shooters are inherently bad or anything, but they've become stale over the years. Goldeneye was fun. Perfect Dark was awesome. Timesplitters was the fucking shit! But looking at today's selection of "modern day scenario in Middle East", "modern-esque scenario against Russia", "modern versus rogue PMC", etc... SNORE!!!
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:36 am

i probably would find shooters stale if i got all of them but i only stick to a select few series of shooters that i enjoy. like neo said earlier it's just other companies trying to milk the success off of another series instead of making them original like the ones you mentioned
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:53 am

ROFL there's a mode you can play that's like online multi player but instead of actual people, you play against the A.I. it also uses random names from your psn friend list list to make it more like it, i rubbed my eyes a couple times when it said Rockstar _Bob killed me
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 10:30 am

Do you have my PSN? I want to know all the juicy details about how I killed you! ^_^
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:29 pm

what is it? the A.I isn't that great though, but they have astounding accuracy.

i'm already getting hated on for owning there asses so damn hard in multiplayer
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:08 pm

Thats interesting is there AI set or does it appear to be randomised?

It would be really clever if they used something like trophy level to effect how strong a AI was or something.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:30 pm

Well, I played through the campaign in one sitting, up until the second last mission where it glitched out on me during a cutscene.
Overall it's very bland, if you've played the campaign of any other CoD game you've played this one. Still has flaws from two games back with infinitely respawning enemies and, at times, terrible level design. You should never be forced to make jumps that deal around 85% fall damage while there are multiple enemies shooting at you, all it takes is for one of them to connect a shot after you've landed one of the six or so jumps and you have to retry the whole thing. Very frustrating.

I think the only thing that would tempt me to buy this would be Zombies but I can't see that alone occupying me for so long that it would be worth my money.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:12 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Thats interesting is there AI set or does it appear to be randomised?

It would be really clever if they used something like trophy level to effect how strong a AI was or something.

i'm not sure the a.i can be adjusted, i only played a short while till my friends logged in and we played online
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:35 pm

ok i just checked and there is tha ability to change difficulty, about to try the hardest setting now
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:47 pm

just tried and the a.i is very good. mostly due to the fact that they will catch me in their iron sights in less than half a second if i even remotely appear in there line of vision and blow me a way. and with there amazing accuracy, snipe me with a pistol
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 6:11 am

I just got a PSN invite by a "Hellbreed13"... that you?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 6:13 am

Thats not him he's BasementDude IIRC

unless he has an alt
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 6:17 am

Okay. I've send a reply asking "Do I know you?" and will wait for any potential reply.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 6:25 am

I always check users met online list and most of the time it was someone in the last game i was in.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 8:24 am

Yeah, turned out to be some dude from Red Dead Redemption. He said that he always friends people to "impress him" (guess we crossed paths during a Poker or Liar's Dice game). I told him that I appreciated the compliment but that I only friend people I already know.
Back to top Go down
BizznessOnly
Deck Hand
BizznessOnly

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 8:47 am

This is a good game and all, i wish though that the sound clicking when a bomb is being planted or defused was still here, It really helped in MLG matches.

This game is definitely for someone who loves statistics, theres so much that I even ask myself if this is really necessary. Customization gets a big plus for sure: Contracts, Unlocks, Emblem creations, and attachments give you more to play for and will definitely take away some time off your hands.

Vet mode on story is just some BS sometimes, you literally have to pray to survive going towards the objective at some point... I'm looking at you Kne san Hills.

Also if you ever want to game on zombies, I'm down for sure.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 11:48 am

what time zone are you?

anyway i played more combat training and i've deduced Rockstar_Bob A.I is rigged, he killed me with head shots 4 times in a row with dual wielded mac11's, for those who don't play, you can't fine aim while dual wielding. Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CoD black ops   CoD black ops - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CoD black ops
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next