Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How much TV do you actually watch?

Go down 
+12
Ace
Bassman
Kaede
Neo
Kimarous
Skip
Savage
Golden Boy
Superbuu3
brandon
Kaio
A_Nonny_Moose
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

How much TV do you actually watch? Empty
PostSubject: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:41 pm

And I mean properly watch, not just having it on in the background while you do something. Recently my TV watching has fizzled down to the double bill of Mythbusters on Discovery every weekday. Record that on Sky+, and watch it in the evening. Otherwise I barely watch anything.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:00 pm

I don't watch much TV, except when I'm with friends.

I do watch a ton of TV series, but I download them.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:05 pm

Well that would count too. You're still sat there watching a television program.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:20 pm

I watch too much TV.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:25 pm

How much time per day?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:31 pm

3, maybe 4 hours. It's holidays though, so I'm catching up with a lot of shows. When college starts next week, I might do something else. Then again, the new TV season is starting too.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:33 pm

couple hours at night sometimes a few in the day

unless you don't count the time when i'm playing video games
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:15 am

I don't watch tv except simpsons occasionally and if i'm catching up on DVDs
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:33 am

My TV is always on, but I rarely pay any attention. I only hear random gossips.
I usually watch the news and the few shows I like and perhaps a movie at night. So a couple hours per day on average.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:46 am

I watch 3-4 hours every day.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:41 am

I don't watch much at all really. The occasional Scrubs/That '70s Show/Big Bang Theory/How I Met Your Mother episode.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:11 am

I don't watch very much TV. Most shows I like I have on DVD. Only shows I watch with any frequency are Judge Judy and Mantracker, and even those are infrequent. I flip channels sometimes, but I don't really count that since they are only quick spurts of about five minutes or so. Yeah, I'm not a big TV person.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:28 am

Barely any at all. Our tivo has unwatched stuff that dates back to May.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:30 am

You watch Judge Judy?
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:52 am

those shows can be funny if you like laughing at some peoples stupidity
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:42 am

I watch Mythbusters about every other day, I watch Dexter every time I buy a new season, I watch three-four episodes of Come Dine With Me every day, and if I feel like it, I watch Glee.
Back to top Go down
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:01 am

My viewing averages out at about 2-3 hours a day I suppose. I seem to mostly watch US series... Chuck, Lie To Me, A Town Called Eureka, Leverage, Burn Notice, Southland, Dexter... etc. Admittedly the BBC has managed a few of decent series I have watched... Sherlock, Vexed and The Deep (I quite liked it admittedly though I had to catch up on two epsiode on the BBC iPlayer on the PS3).

I see a new series of Mythbusters is on Sky next week and also the new series of Ice Road Truckers so I will have to find a place in my Sky+ schedule to record them. At least I can record some programs from Freeview on my PS3.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:36 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
You watch Judge Judy?
I catch it every so often. Why?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 10:58 am

Bassman wrote:
My viewing averages out at about 2-3 hours a day I suppose. I seem to mostly watch US series... Chuck, Lie To Me, A Town Called Eureka, Leverage, Burn Notice, Southland, Dexter... etc. Admittedly the BBC has managed a few of decent series I have watched... Sherlock, Vexed and The Deep (I quite liked it admittedly though I had to catch up on two epsiode on the BBC iPlayer on the PS3).

I see a new series of Mythbusters is on Sky next week and also the new series of Ice Road Truckers so I will have to find a place in my Sky+ schedule to record them. At least I can record some programs from Freeview on my PS3.

Wait... how can you do that ???
Back to top Go down
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:16 am

I have Play TV for the PS3 which has a Freeview Tuner in it and allows you to record, watch and pause TV. I think it even manages to upscale a bit. The only drawback is it records a timeslot rather than a programme so if the programme is moved for any reason you need to adjust the recording information (unlike the recording on the superior Sky+ Box). Just as well I put a bigger Hard Disk in my PS3. At least I have a bit more flexibilty when it comes to recording TV as I rarely watch anything "live".
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:23 am

Huh thats pretty cool i don't actually watch tv much at all any more but buying one of those sounds like a good option and would allow me to.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:24 am

These are the show I'll be watching next TV season:

House
The Event
No Ordinary Family
Glee
Running Wilde
Modern Family
Undercovers
How I Met Your Mother
Community
The Office

That's not counting the shows that start mid-season (Chuck) or miniseries (The Walking Dead).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:27 am

Kaio wrote:

House
The Event
No Ordinary Family
Glee
Running Wilde
Modern Family
Undercovers
How I Met Your Mother
Community
The Office

That's not counting the shows that start mid-season (Chuck) or miniseries (The Walking Dead).

Is modern family worth watching. On your list i only watch house and how i met your mother.
Back to top Go down
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:36 am

I like House... that is on my must watch "list".

I watch "How I Met Your Mother" but don't find it may be getting a little stale? Maybe they ought to give it a break for a while. That is part of the 3 hours I record on a Thursday night. Maybe it is nearer 2 hours per day at the moment as there doesn't seem to be much that I am interested in at the weekend.

I haven't heard anything to the contrary (or haven't looked at least) but I like Fringe and hope Season 3 starts before too long in the UK, though I suppose that is dependent on its US airing.

I am surprisingly indifferent to Heroes being dropped. I thought the first series was the best.

It seems that the amount I view does not vary that much because when one series finishes, there is more often than not, another one I like returning for a new Season.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 12:13 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Kaio wrote:

House
The Event
No Ordinary Family
Glee
Running Wilde
Modern Family
Undercovers
How I Met Your Mother
Community
The Office

Is modern family worth watching. On your list i only watch house and how i met your mother.

Absolutely. Modern Family and Community are must watch comedies. MF just won the Emmy award for best comedy, best writing and best supporting actor.

I personally like Community a bit better, but both are high above every other comedy currently airing (haven't watched HIMYM season 5 yet, so that might be up there too).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much TV do you actually watch?   How much TV do you actually watch? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How much TV do you actually watch?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next