Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batman: Arkham City

Go down 
+17
Old School
Savage
Eevil-Psycho
Talking Sock
Ellis
Dr. Chocolate
Ace
Kaede
Kaio
Skip
Neo
Baal
Kimarous
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Zero
A_Nonny_Moose
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Zero
The Hero
Zero

Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:24 am

Game is pretty awesome so far. I stopped after defeating the first titan henchman.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:26 am

I didn't notice anything new about detective vision.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:23 pm

Well, just the Riddler hostages left now. Finished all the other side missions and found all the Riddler stuff. The last things I was looking for were in a building I couldn't enter until I finished the Zsasz side mission, so they weren't showing on the map.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 2:32 am

That's story mode 100% done now, apart from that dumb NG+ thing. I can't fathom what made Rocksteady implement it the way they did. Got all the combat medals for Batman and Catwoman. Haven't done any predator or campaign challenges yet.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:02 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
apart from that dumb NG+ thing. I can't fathom what made Rocksteady implement it the way they did.
?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:08 am

It's not a normal NG+ where you can just play the game over and over with everything carrying over. You can only play it once per save file. You go through the game, go through NG+, and that's it. If you want to NG+ again you have to start a new save file and beat the game normally again to unlock it.

You can only use the costumes after you beat the game too, which means you can only use the costumes for story missions on NG+. So if you've already beaten NG+, and then buy the skins, if you want the play through the story with the skins you'll have to beat the game without them one more time first.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:18 am

Ah okay, that kinda sucks. You should at least be able to use the skins all the time once you have a completed save.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:22 am

You can use them in the post-game free roam, but because you need to beat the normal game before you can use them, the only way to play through the story with the skins is on NG+. And you can only play through NG+ once on each save file.

The skins are only available on normal difficulty or higher too, which is also fucking stupid considering you have to buy the damn things separately.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:49 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
You can use them in the post-game free roam, but because you need to beat the normal game before you can use them, the only way to play through the story with the skins is on NG+. And you can only play through NG+ once on each save file.

The skins are only available on normal difficulty or higher too, which is also fucking stupid considering you have to buy the damn things separately.
Back up a completed save to USB or put it up on GFs.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:03 am

There's still no way to use the skins during the story other than NG+. Which would usually be okay, except NG+ is it's own difficulty level in this game (it's the same whether you start on normal or hard). So to play through the game using the skins, you have to play on the highest difficulty setting. And on the lowest difficulty setting you can't use the skins at all. It's a ridiculous set of restrictions for content that's sold separately, and a ridiculous way to implement NG+.

It's the only major flaw the game has.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:08 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
There's still no way to use the skins during the story other than NG+. Which would usually be okay, except NG+ is it's own difficulty level in this game (it's the same whether you start on normal or hard). So to play through the game using the skins, you have to play on the highest difficulty setting. And on the lowest difficulty setting you can't use the skins at all. It's a ridiculous set of restrictions for content that's sold separately, and a ridiculous way to implement NG+.

It's the only major flaw the game has.
I thought not being able to use Robin and Nightwing in campaign was the worst thing i heard.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:12 am

At least they're advertised that way.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:17 am

I think most replay calue in games is when you unlock the other character.

One of the coolest unlockable characters i got in a game was the ghost rider game, you could unlock blade and he had to drink blood completely changed the games fighting mechanics and was a really nice touch.

Trish in DMC3 is another good example. Skins only change things so much, but having a differnt moveset if only subtle changes still makes a big difference.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:22 am

Well, yeah. Exactly. Skins are a minor thing, and yet using them in this game is so fiddly. Catwoman's speed, lack of a proper grapple, and the fact that she can run without being heard, makes her predator game completely different from Batman's, and she's totally worth having.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:26 am

Has this been brought up on rocksteady forums they seem like very reasonable requet people can make (i'm sure nightwing and robin can grapple) so if there's no mobility issues everything should be ok to use like that.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:29 am

They have full mobility, yeah. It's not like they're not available in free-roam because they can't move around properly. Excluding them is just an arbitrary decision as far as I can tell.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:33 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
They have full mobility, yeah. It's not like they're not available in free-roam because they can't move around properly. Excluding them is just an arbitrary decision as far as I can tell.
Thats plain weird then, honestly it makes no sense to me.

Do cutscenes ever trigger when you free roam? For Catwoman or Batman. Also do enemies regenerate or are there random events. I mean if there's either of those things that might've been whats preventing them.

I probably should sign up to rocksteady forums adn kick up a fuss but i'm already trying to get Koei to change things.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:36 am

Stuff only appears that's relevant to the character you're playing as.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:22 am

Enemies are littered throughout AC, mostly in groups. They respawn when you reload the game. And there aren't any random events, just side-quests and such(although the one where you save multiple prisoners from jackasses buillying them around city is akin to them, but there's only a set amount and when you're done with all of 'em, there's no more).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 2:18 pm

SOK wrote:
Enemies are littered throughout AC, mostly in groups. They respawn when you reload the game. And there aren't any random events, just side-quests and such(although the one where you save multiple prisoners from jackasses buillying them around city is akin to them, but there's only a set amount and when you're done with all of 'em, there's no more).
This game need catch the balloon random events.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:27 pm

Hey hey, 14th on the leader board for Survival of the Fittest with Catwoman.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Beat the story part of the campaign. I'm a bit disappointed by it, but I'm very likely putting this over Uncharted 3 for my choice of GOTY.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:23 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Hey hey, 14th on the leader board for Survival of the Fittest with Catwoman.
Pushed up to 11th.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:56 pm

Jesus, how much do you play this game?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 3:08 pm

2 hours a day maybe? Probably not that because I mainly do the challenge maps now and they're really quick. Survival of the Fittest is one of the easiest ones as well.

I'm not even going to bother trying to get on the leaderboards for the predator maps though, because it requires ridiculous speed. They're easy to complete though because you can take as long as you want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batman: Arkham City
Page 13 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next