Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batman: Arkham City

Go down 
+17
Old School
Savage
Eevil-Psycho
Talking Sock
Ellis
Dr. Chocolate
Ace
Kaede
Kaio
Skip
Neo
Baal
Kimarous
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Zero
A_Nonny_Moose
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:26 am

You can make more mistakes in this one and still get enough points without much problem.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:32 am

If you want a really high score i'm sure you still need to keep a completely unbroken chain and to not get hit once. Damn i love Batman, i'm currently trying to track down a GOTY version with glasses.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:46 am

Well of course, if you want a really high score.

And the 3D isn't that good in AA.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:53 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Well of course, if you want a really high score.

And the 3D isn't that good in AA.
Is there a 3d option in AC?

Honestly i'm not that bothered, i just want the game again lol. Its just way too much fun. I guess i could buy it on PC at some later date, and get the cape physics etc. that neo goes on about.

Oh yeah i've been meaning to ask how does the double counter work in this. Do you need to time it in sync with two attacks or can you counter while you're countering?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 3:01 am

You need to press once for each person attacking (so twice for a double counter, 3 times for a triple). The timing is pretty loose. You can start a single counter attack, and then press triangle again to go into the double counter if you see it coming and you're fast enough.

AC does have the same 3D as AA, which I just found out (so if you do find a GotY with the glasses you're set). It looks a little better, but things look fuzzier the further away from the camera they are.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:52 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
I guess i could buy it on PC at some later date, and get the cape physics etc. that neo goes on about.
Haha, that stuff is nice but you need a specific kind of graphics card (Nvidia) and a fairly powerful one to boot. Just get it wherever is cheapest there's no gameplay difference also remember the PS3 version of AA has the Joker missions.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 11:25 am

Get PS3 version, that'll be better for third person gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 11:55 am

Kaede wrote:
Get PS3 version, that'll be better for third person gameplay.
Controls are irrelevant, you can use a gamepad on PC if you want. The only real factor in it is the PS3 exclusive Joker missions and price.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 1:25 pm

The custom challenge maps are fun. You can pick any map and apply whatever modifiers you want, just for a laugh. It keeps your score but there's no leaderboard. The modifiers are:

-Disable all gadgets/scramble detective mode
-Time limit
-Enemies will faster and tougher
-Start with reduced health
-One enemy will be invincible (it switches around as the challenge progresses)
-Activate gun racks/booby trapped vantage points
-No counter icons/silent takedown from behind is disabled
-More weapons and projectiles for enemies/more mines
+Health regen
+Your primary projectile gadget knocks people out with one hit
+Can attack shield/armour/stun baton guards head on/move faster while crouched.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 2:19 pm

Funhouse Brawl Extreme can fuck right off.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 10:53 pm

Is it true that some sidequests are locked out when you progress past certain points in the game? I'm not sure whether to do my usual thing and complete as much as I possible can before I do story missions or just roll with it and do whatever I feel like at the time.

PC version of this is great, honestly seems like it was the lead platform if you ask me there's an issue with some of the DirectX 11 features but that's a problem with Nvidia and AMD and will be fixed quickly - the game runs flawlessly at 60fps+ otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:06 pm

Nah, you can complete any of the side-quests post-game.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:24 pm

Ah cool, I won't stress about it then.

Not sure whether I like this or AA more the open world is amazing and it feels much more like a batman simulator but I feel like it's lost some of the 'magic' that the linear path through AA helped achieve. Both are great games in their own right though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:59 pm

Yeah, I think in years to come Arkham Asylum will be looked on as the "classic" Batman game, mainly because of Scarecrow.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:55 am

I almost want the Robin pack but it costs too much. $7 on the US store so I'm expecting £6 or something stupid like that. At £4 or less I'd probably get it.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:50 pm

I hate how they don't know how to change currency values. The only thing worse than the EU store is the JP store. That's just wild.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:10 pm

The PSN store has horrible marketing anyway. They sell certain PS3 games that are much cheaper at retail stores.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:56 pm

That's the publishers. Games on Demand on XBLA is just as bad for certain titles. Some digital versions are decently priced. Motorstorm Apocalypse is £20, which isn't far off what you'd pay at store.

The Robin pack is £5.49, a whole £1 more than it should be ($7=£4.50). You know, at £4.50 I probably would have got it. Might still get it... That freight train challenge map looks nice, and Robin's challenge campaign actually features some cutscenes and a new villain (Black Mask).

That's kind of annoying in itself though, since you earn a Black Mask character trophy in the main game, and it's like "Well, where is he? Oh, he's DLC. Fuck.". Although he's supposed to have escaped from Arkham City in the game.

Mind you, Nightwing costs the same and that's just for the character and two challenge maps. Only one extra skin as well, whereas Robin has two. Robin just looks a lot more fun to use too. Gah. If these characters were usable in free-roam and had there own Riddler trophies to collect I'd have bought them already. I don't get why they're restricted to challenge maps.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:03 am

Actually Black Mask is apparently at the beginning of the game for all of one minute.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:25 am

I only have a couple more things to collect in free-roam (can't find any more Riddler thugs to reveal where they are, so it's taking a while), and then I suppose I'll start on the predator maps. If I'm still into the game by then I'll buy Robin.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:26 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
That freight train challenge map looks nice, and Robin's challenge campaign actually features some cutscenes and a new villain (Black Mask).

Black Mask also pops up at the end of that freight train challenge. he's nothing special, though. You pretty much make him your bitch there(after dealing with the thugs around him, of course).
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:39 am

Baal wrote:
Actually Black Mask is apparently at the beginning of the game for all of one minute.
Right after the little quick time event Bruce Wayne escape but before you move down the path towards Strange and the entrace to the city he's on the right hand side being 'subdued' by guards.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:57 am

Managed to crack the top 100 on one of the combat maps with Catwoman.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 5:26 am

What did you guys think of the new detective mode?
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:23 am

Just got this for $30 at Best Buy for Black Friday sale. I waited a full hour to get the game, but I talked my way with the people in line with me (1 person I actually previously knew). So now I'm off to play the game.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batman: Arkham City
Page 12 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next