Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batman: Arkham City

Go down 
+17
Old School
Savage
Eevil-Psycho
Talking Sock
Ellis
Dr. Chocolate
Ace
Kaede
Kaio
Skip
Neo
Baal
Kimarous
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Zero
A_Nonny_Moose
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:45 am

conflict is the spice of life.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:04 pm

Zero wrote:
Skip wrote:
Zero wrote:
Jimmy Darmody wrote:
I don't know what you mean. Half your posts are agreeing with what people say here.

For the most part I keep my mouth shut when I disagree with the general consensus here.
Ah well that's no fun, it always makes things more interesting when there are multiple points of view.

Normally, yes, but usually it turns into "Your taste sucks, you should feel bad for liking/disliking ____" or something similar. It's not that I care if people insult me or not, I'm just one to try to avoid conflict if at all possible.
Even though you agree with people in most of your posts i still think your taste sucks, so thats hardly solving the problem.

Seriously though its uncommon anyone actually says:
"Your taste sucks, you should feel bad for liking/disliking ____" or something similar.

Normally with games people are 50/50
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Zero wrote:
Skip wrote:
Zero wrote:
Jimmy Darmody wrote:
I don't know what you mean. Half your posts are agreeing with what people say here.

For the most part I keep my mouth shut when I disagree with the general consensus here.
Ah well that's no fun, it always makes things more interesting when there are multiple points of view.

Normally, yes, but usually it turns into "Your taste sucks, you should feel bad for liking/disliking ____" or something similar. It's not that I care if people insult me or not, I'm just one to try to avoid conflict if at all possible.
Even though you agree with people in most of your posts i still think your taste sucks, so thats hardly solving the problem.

Seriously though its uncommon anyone actually says:
"Your taste sucks, you should feel bad for liking/disliking ____" or something similar.

Normally with games people are 50/50

I don't just agree with people most of my posts. Again, that's a terrible exaggeration. And no, it's not uncommon. Not here it isn't.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:42 pm

Even if someone says that you can just say it right back to them. No one here cares.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:57 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Even if someone says that you can just say it right back to them. No one here cares.

True enough...but we're way off topic.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:13 pm

Zero wrote:
I don't just agree with people most of my posts. Again, that's a terrible exaggeration. And no, it's not uncommon. Not here it isn't.
Its a bad an exageration as your everyone here will tell you that you should feel bad about your opinion.

The only time i ever remember that happening is Neo and Psycho over Dead island. Even then i don't think that was actually said. That sounds like one of those memes you guys go on about.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:17 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
The only time i ever remember that happening is Neo and Psycho over Dead island
Huh?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 4:35 pm

People here tell me I have horrible opinions all the time. But I don't mind because I know they're wrong.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 4:54 pm

Also, playing as Catwoman is not actually part of the story. She has her own missions and they are DLC. New copies of the game come with a code to get the DLC for free.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-13-batman-online-pass-unlocks-catwoman

Seriously, what the hell is Rocksteady doing? Christ. They've literally stripped out everything that would be considered bonus content. It's fucking mental. Especially since when they announced "Hey, you can play as Catwoman!" a while back, they said nothing about it being DLC.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:09 pm

That's how I felt about Shuma-Gorath and Jill in Marvel 3. You can't just go around advertising content of your game to turn around later and single out features as being DLC exclusive. Well, you can, but you're a d-bag for doing it. Little shit here and there eventually adds up into big shit.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:54 pm

Is there even any game left to play.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:28 am

Kaio wrote:
Is there even any game left to play.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 2:31 am

That's not at all what he meant.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 2:42 am

Honestly, what in the fuck is up with all of this? Didn't Rocksteady say that her missions would be part of the main story? This is fucking ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 3:10 am

Jimmy Darmody wrote:
That's not at all what he meant.
Whoa, really?
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 8:54 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Also, playing as Catwoman is not actually part of the story. She has her own missions and they are DLC. New copies of the game come with a code to get the DLC for free.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-13-batman-online-pass-unlocks-catwoman

Seriously, what the hell is Rocksteady doing? Christ. They've literally stripped out everything that would be considered bonus content. It's fucking mental. Especially since when they announced "Hey, you can play as Catwoman!" a while back, they said nothing about it being DLC.

Wtf? That's like the old cartoons where they strap a long stick to a dog's back with a T bone steak at the end.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 8:57 am

Eh, I'm still going to buy the game used. Might just acquire all the DLC, no way in hell am I supporting this sort of business model.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:57 am

I'll get it at some point, but definitely not until next year sometime when it's cheap.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 4:39 pm

Apparently Catwoman is still playable without the pass, but the pass gives 4 extra missions for her and lets you use her in the challenge rooms. Apparently. Reports from reviews seem confused on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 6:43 pm

Maybe the theoretical GOTY version will have the DLC on it already.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:50 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
People here tell me I have horrible opinions all the time. But I don't mind because I know they're wrong.
Looking at your recent game purchases including:
El shaddai, Bloodrayne I can see why.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:20 pm

I enjoyed El Shaddai. It's one of the few games I've bought this year that I played straight through without playing anything else. Nowadays I usually play 2or 3 games at a time, which I never used to do.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:47 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

Screw your opinions, El Shaddai is one of this year's most important games, in that it's (I think) the first time an AAA title has had an art director as lead designer, in that it has new and original inspirations, in that it has Lucifel with tight pants talking to God on his cell phone, and because it's not trying to copy anything else.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:50 pm

El Shaddai was hardly a AAA game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:59 pm

Was it short moose?

Kaede wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

Screw your opinions, El Shaddai is one of this year's most important games, in that it's (I think) the first time an AAA title has had an art director as lead designer, in that it has new and original inspirations, in that it has Lucifel with tight pants talking to God on his cell phone, and because it's not trying to copy anything else.
Feisty Wink . Thats the first time i've thought you actually gave a crap about something in forever.

I did think the art direction of the game was amazing, but what little gameplay i played it did not feel worthy of being a full retail game. The simplistic and unique visuals are what made it a visual treat. But lets not forget video games are allowed to both look great and play great. Also is this really triple A?

Shank series to me is way more epic its done by artists and has some of the best combat gameplay this gen i can't wait to see what 2 delivers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batman: Arkham City
Page 8 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next