Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batman: Arkham City

Go down 
+17
Old School
Savage
Eevil-Psycho
Talking Sock
Ellis
Dr. Chocolate
Ace
Kaede
Kaio
Skip
Neo
Baal
Kimarous
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Zero
A_Nonny_Moose
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Mad 802 Love wrote:
No you're the only one to make that unfounded statement.

Seriously though I've never seen a game as universally praised like that since FFVII.
You do realise there's a huge difference between a game being really popular and a game not being disliked.

There's never been a lot of people criticising Arkham asylum.

Uncharted 2, is not the best platformer ever made, its also not the best shooter ever made. Sure it mixes both better then anyother game, but is also not an original concept. These are all things that factor into a game being universally liked as opposed to popular to a generation.

Yes my point is Batman Arkham asylum is the first game to achieve such wide acclaim in gaming since FF7. That is extremely rare.

Only a handful of games have been that good, an example being the first Deus Ex. I honestly can't think of any more as there's really not many games people like that much.

Even Soul reaver which i consider one of the best games ever is normally crippled by the fact its story isn't as good as blood omen (well this is what most fans agree, i haven't played that one).

EDIT: Oh yeah i forgot ocarina of time.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 4:49 pm

Arkham Asylum has an aggregate review score of 92% while Uncharted 2 is at 96%, the highest of any game. So going strictly on reviews and critical acclaim, Uncharted 2 has it.

You are part of an extremely small group that doesn't think U2 is on of the best games ever made period. This isn't even me being a fanboy as there is plenty of proof.

And you are right about Soul Reaver though the story is better if played after Blood Omen thoug hit's not necissary at all.

http://www.gamerankings.com/ps3/955125-uncharted-2-among-thieves/index.html

http://www.gamerankings.com/ps3/952338-batman-arkham-asylum/index.html

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Mad 802 Love wrote:
Arkham Asylum has an aggregate review score of 92% while Uncharted 2 is at 96%, the highest of any game. So going strictly on reviews and critical acclaim, Uncharted 2 has it.

You are part of an extremely small group that doesn't think U2 is on of the best games ever made period. This isn't even me being a fanboy as there is plenty of proof.

And you are right about Soul Reaver though the story is better if played after Blood Omen thoug hit's not necissary at all.
A game having bigger points and reviews does not equal less criticism.

Also anything with multiplayer will get more criticism. I remember lots of complaints about how many glitches there were like people walking under levels and such.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 4:57 pm

I'm not talking multiplayer, I'm talking whole package. Even if you disreagard it, most agree that it is still one of the best single player experiences ever made.

And having higher aggregate scores means exactly that there was less criticism. I'm not saying AA is a bad game, I think it's the 160th highest reviewed game which is still very good, but the fact of the matter is that U2 had less criticism and higher scores universally.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 4:58 pm

So we're going for least amount of criticism rather than most amount of praise? Because Arkham Asylum got a lot of criticism for it's boss battles.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 5:00 pm

To be honest I think calling either U2 or Batman one of the best games of all time is a bit much. They're extremely good games, yes, but not the greatest. I'd put them on par with the likes of MGS3.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:33 pm

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:58 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Nightwing challenge map DLC.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-11-batman-nightwing-release-price-revealed
This has gone well past the point of being reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:19 pm

preorder cancelled
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:22 pm

Releasing this on the same day as U3 is dumb. U3 IS GOING TO CHANGE EVERYTHING. It's like having a store offer free swatch watches on the same day that one offers free rolex's. Just bad business if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:27 pm

Pre-order specific stuff is only acceptable when it's the same in all shops.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:29 pm

I'll wait for the GOTy with this shit free or until everything starts getting bundled adn the game is cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:35 pm

I was going to disagree, but I agree with you. It's a little ridiculous. I hope games stray away from this, and towards cheap digital distribution.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:44 pm

The latest issue of GamesMaster magazine has a review of Arkham City, and scores it 97%. They say almost every aspect is superior to AA's (which got 96%), though they did comment that due to AC's more open level structure the core narrative isn't quite as strong as AA's.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:49 pm

I'll be getting this upon price drop or GOTY edition as well.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:11 pm

I hate money so I'm still getting this on release date but holy shit the amount of pre-order DLC is fucking ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:21 pm

Jimmy Darmody wrote:
Releasing this on the same day as U3 is dumb. U3 IS GOING TO CHANGE EVERYTHING. It's like having a store offer free swatch watches on the same day that one offers free rolex's. Just bad business if you ask me.
I would easily get this over Uncharted 3 if every non-essential item hadn't been cut out and sold separately.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:26 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Jimmy Darmody wrote:
I would easily get this over Uncharted 3 if every non-essential item hadn't been cut out and sold separately.

I chose U3 over AC because of the online replay value will keep me occupied longer while I wait for UMvC3/Price drops on other games.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:36 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
preorder cancelled
Yeah same, it's a pretty safe bet there'll be a game of the year edition and I have more than enough games to play to sustain me until that.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:49 am

Dear diary: For once I was thinking on a similar wavelength to Raziel's Domain, what have I become?
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:59 am

I don't know what you mean. Half your posts are agreeing with what people say here.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:14 am

Jimmy Darmody wrote:
I don't know what you mean. Half your posts are agreeing with what people say here.

For the most part I keep my mouth shut when I disagree with the general consensus here. And that's a terrible exaggeration.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:16 am

I might just not buy any more games this year, seeing as I have yet to finish Enslaved, Catherine, Deus Ex, Half-Minute Hero and ClaDun x2.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 7:05 am

Zero wrote:
Jimmy Darmody wrote:

For the most part I keep my mouth shut when I disagree with the general consensus here.
Ah well that's no fun, it always makes things more interesting when there are multiple points of view.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 7:51 am

Skip wrote:
Zero wrote:
Jimmy Darmody wrote:

For the most part I keep my mouth shut when I disagree with the general consensus here.
Ah well that's no fun, it always makes things more interesting when there are multiple points of view.

Normally, yes, but usually it turns into "Your taste sucks, you should feel bad for liking/disliking ____" or something similar. It's not that I care if people insult me or not, I'm just one to try to avoid conflict if at all possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batman: Arkham City
Page 7 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next