Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom?

Go down 
+6
Ace
Zero
A_Nonny_Moose
Golden Boy
Baal
Neo
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom?   Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:56 am

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/07/19/rumor-namco-vs-capcom-not-one-but-two-games.aspx
Quote :
According to our sources, Capcom will make a Capcom vs. Namco game using the Street Fighter IV engine and Namco Bandai will create Namco vs. Capcom with the Tekken 6 engine. This means that each game will play and look like whichever company is creating it. Think hadoukens, Ultra Combos, and 2.5D presentation on the Capcom side and three dimensional movement, in-depth move lists, and most likely, a playable panda on the Namco side.
This is a rumor but I'm quite interested to see how this turns out.

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom?   Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 7:47 am

I really can't play Tekken well at all, so Capcom vs Namco sounds more preferrable to me.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom?   Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:07 pm

SFIV has a much bigger fanbase, its engine isn't nearly as deep and hard as the Tekken 6 and Capcom's netcodes have been superior so far.

I'll probably get Capcom vs. Namco.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom?   Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:14 pm

Comparing 2D Fighters to 3D Fighters is one of the most ridiculously stupid things to do. Tekken has an enormous fanbase, even if SF does have more and really the only reason I can't get into Tekken are the ridiculous amounts of move in the moveset and my memory being what it is couldn't handle remembering all of them or even most of them.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom?   Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:06 pm

I'd much rather have a traditional single Vs game. This will be just a Tekken game with guest characters and a Street Fighter game with guest characters.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom?   Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:29 pm

It sounds interesting. Whether it will work or not is debatable.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom?   Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:08 pm

Baal wrote:
Comparing 2D Fighters to 3D Fighters is one of the most ridiculously stupid things to do.

In general it is, but comparing some common aspects of both games is not (for example, balance, skill required for the combos and difficulty to get decent -I read somewhere on tz.com that it takes years of practice to get good at breaking grabs on reaction in Tekken-). After all they are both fighting games.

Quote :
Tekken has an enormous fanbase,

Yes, in the arcades of SKorea and Japan. Even Namco's Ben 10 games sold better than the console version of Tekken 6 and in every major tournament (S)SFIV is the main event with WAY more players participating (didn't SSFIV have like thousands more players in EVO last month?). Just take a look at shoryuken.com and see for yourself how much more active it is than tekkenzaibatsu.com... which is pretty dead. Also, Tekken 6 failed to attract many new players and on top of that many of the older players hated it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom?   Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:16 pm

I think SSF4 had about 1'500 more players than Tekken 6 at EVO. Tatsunoko vs Capcom seemed to have a bigger crowd.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom?   Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:19 pm

Also, I found SF to be a lot harder than Tekken. Mainly because of the ridiculous frame windows for links.

Anyway, if this turns out to be true, I doubt I'll get either game. I didn't like SSF4 that much so I won't be getting that version, and I don't see the point of getting another game with Tekken 6 engine when I already have Tekken 6.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom?   Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:47 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Also, I found SF to be a lot harder than Tekken. Mainly because of the ridiculous frame windows for links.

You're talking about technical skill and I would say both games have easy, mashable combos and harder, requiring specific timing ones (1 frame window for SF and Kaz's CH d/f2, EWGF, ... or Lee's u/f4, 4u3, dash, b2~f, ...). But in Tekken you need a much better spacing (backdash cancel, knowing when and whether to sidestep/sidewalk right or left), defensive (knowing your opponents strings and whether you should block low or high, take a sidestep, parry, use a high or low crushing move, breaking grabs/tackles, recognising a move and blocking low on reaction) and offensive game (pretty much knowing the best available choices based on the frame data, range, character match-up and well... instict).

At least, that's how Tekken should be played. Too much wasted time and effort for a casual gamer imo considering the number of characters and moves.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom?   Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:10 am

All I care about are the Soul Calibur characters involved. If any.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/

PostSubject: Re: Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom?   Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:51 am

For some reason I can't imagine this being fun. It sounds like it's going to be a giant clusterfuck.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom?   Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:57 am

Capcom vs Namco for me, purely because I don't have a streetfighter game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom?   Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:58 am

Babby wrote:
For some reason I can't imagine this being fun. It sounds like it's going to be a giant clusterfuck.

honestly i'd just enjoy the capcom charcters in the capcomversion

screw playing any of the other characters as they will be a cluster fuck, i'm hoping updated moves ands mechanics though
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom?   Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 5:49 pm

Cool fanart is cool.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom?   Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 6:11 pm

That looks badass.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom?   Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Con-effing-firmed. And with tag gameplay no less.

EWGF, hellsweep, u/f44 and a team ultra with Nina... nice!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom?   Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:42 pm

I wonder if this means that Tekken vs SF will have be a tag game as well? That would actually make it worth buying.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom?   Capcom vs. Namco or Namco vs. Capcom? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:04 pm