Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Go down 
+15
Dr. Chocolate
Neo
Talking Sock
Mewmaster
Zero
brandon
Rockstar_Sinistar
Skip
Kaio
A_Nonny_Moose
Savage
Superbuu3
Golden Boy
Ellis
Baal
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:09 am

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Why-is-Ultimate-Marvel-vs-Capcom-3-not-downloadable

The Marvel vs Capcom series started in 1994 when huge 90s icons Capcom and Marvel decided that they wanted to make a lot of money in one go, so Marvel made the genius decision of letting Capcom work on a game for one of their big names, X-Men. Capcom took the license with great relish and made the game, X-Men: Children of the Atom (COTA). These featured one-on-one battles in the vain of Capcom's previous 2D Fighter, Street Fighter 2 and even a story that was brought from the comics (The Children of the Atom X-Men story). It was similar in a lot of ways to SF2 to the point where it even featured Akuma from SF2 as a Hidden Character but it spun-off in a different direction entirely.

Come 1995 and COTA gets a sequel in the form of Marvel Super Heroes (MSH). Now that Capcom has not only made itself but Marvel big cash they decided to give Capcom free reign with their entire list of superheroes. This game not only introduced the several different Marvel characters to a fighting game but also the gameplay was given more separation from SF2 with the Infinity Gems (As MSH, was based on the Infinity Gauntlet story) that gave you different powers based on the gem.

Another year brought another update and X-Men vs Street Fighter (XvSF) in 1996. This was the first crossover game that gave us the teams mechanic and the fast-paced combat that the Marvel series would come to be known for. Teams fought together in XvSF in that you didn't just fight one after another but you could switch whenever you need to. What may have been a bad match-up for one character you could switch out the other character could handle it and vice-versa. XvSF was very popular and began this trend of Capcom team fighters.

1997 and another sequel comes about in the form of Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter (MSHvSF). This title brought back the tag team fighting and introduced assists. Assists are when your teammate can come from their out of play state and perform one special attack that can be used for multiple uses.

Then in 1998 all of these ideas culminated in a melting pot of Marvel-Capcom to create Marvel vs Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (MvC1)! MvC retained the tag combat of the two previous games while making the net for potential characters wider. Not only were there characters from some of Capcom's more obscure line-up (Jin, Captain Commando and Strider) they also included well known ones at the time (Ryu, Morrigan and Megaman). They even casted out the Marvel net for a wider variety of Marvel characters. Assists now were also picked from a set list of specific characters from other Marvel and Capcom series (Notable ones being Arthur, Thor and Sentinel) and you could choose extra costumes for the characters that treated them like different characters. The series became so popular that they spawned what would become the last Marvel-Capcom game for a decade.

In 1999, every previous game would be combined together to make the largest roster in a Marvel-Capcom game to date, Marvel vs Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes (MvC2) large list of 56 characters (Most of which were ripped from previous game or were going to be used for new games and some were clones) was staggering especially with the brand new 3-on-3 tag system and using your own teammates as assists while also getting to choose their assist type which allowed them to do a different move depending on the type. However, due to the influx of too many fighting games at the time, the fighting game genre crashed and didn't see any new big titles for 8 years. Other the next decade MvC2 would be played wildly amongst the niche fighting game community that still existed over the years and even get a rerelease in 2009 for PSN and XBLA to become one of the most downloaded titles on both stores. This would only pave the way for the decade of demand that caused the release of MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3: FATE OF TWO WORLDS!

And with 2011, Marvel vs Capcom 3 (MvC3) was released and it received high praise from critics even with the flaws they stated. MvC3 was also welcomed by the fighting game community and took place as one of the biggest titles at Evo 2011. It however like every other fighting game is not without its problems and to remedy these problems, Capcom had decided to update the game with a DLC update known as Ulltimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (UMvC3). However due to the tragedies that happened earlier in the year over in Japan they have to release it as a retail disc title instead.

Release Date: November 15th, 2011
Consoles: PS3, Xbox 360
Price: $40
http://www.capcom.co.jp/mvsc3/index.html

NEW FEATURES

-Twelve new characters, six from each side.
-New modes (Only one stated so far is Spectator Mode)
-Rebalanced gameplay
-8 New stages

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 F3cls4

VANILLA Characters

Marvel
Wolverine (James "Logan" Howlett) (Astonishing X-Men Attire) /Voiced by: Steve Blum
Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Extremis Armor) /Voiced by: Eric Loomis
Hulk (Robert Bruce Banner) (Classic Savage Appearance) /Voiced by: Fred Tatasciore
Deadpool (Wade Wilson) (Classic Attire)/Voiced by: Nolan North
Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Classic Attire) /Voiced by: Brian Bloom
Doctor Doom (Victor von Doom) (Classic Attire) /Voiced by: Paul Dobson
Super Skrull (Kl'rt) (Classic Attire)/Voiced by: Charlie Adler
Thor (Thor Odinson) (Reborn Armor) /Voiced by: Rick D Wasserman
Dormammu (Defenders Volume 3 Appearance) /Voiced by: Michael T. Weiss
X-23 (Laura Kinney)(New X-Men Attire) /Voiced by: Tara Strong
Spider-Man (Peter Parker)(Classic Attire) /Voiced by: Josh Keaton
Magneto (Erik Lensherr)(Classic Attire) /Voiced by: Tom Kane
M.O.D.O.K. (George Tarleton)(Classic Appearance) /Voiced by: Wally Wingert
She-Hulk (Jennifer Walters)(Classic Attire) /Voiced by: Maria Canals
Shuma-Gorath(Classic Appearance) /Voiced by: Paul Dobson (DLC Only)
Storm (Ororo Munroe)(Modern Attire) /Voiced by: Susan Dalian
Phoenix (Jean Grey-Summers)(Classic Attire) /Voiced by: Jennifer Hale
Taskmaster (Tony Masters)(Classic Attire)/Voiced by: Steve Blum
Sentinel[(Capcom Design) /Voiced by: Jim Ward
Galactus(Classic Appearance) /Voiced by: Jonathan Adams (Boss Only)

Capcom
Ryu (Street Fighter IV Appearance)/Voiced by: Kyle Hebert
Morrigan Aensland (Normal Attire) /Voiced by: Siobhan Flynn
Chris Redfield (Resident Evil 5 Attire) /Voiced by: Roger Craig Smith
Dante (Devil May Cry 3 Attire)/Voiced by: Reuben Langdon
Felicia (Normal Attire) /Voiced by: GK Bowes
Chun-Li (Street Fighter IV Appearance) /Voiced by: Laura Bailey
Trish (Devil May Cry Attire) /Voiced by: Danielle Burgio
Amaterasu (Normal Appearance) /Voiced by: N/A
Viewtiful Joe (Normal Attire) /Voiced by: Darrel Guilbeau
Tron Bonne(Normal Attire) Voiced by: Tara Platt
Albert Wesker(Resident Evil 5 Attire) /Voiced by: D. C. Douglas
Sir Arthur(Normal Attire) /Voiced by: Daniel Woren
Nathan "Rad" Spencer(Bionic Commando 2009 Appearance) /Voiced by: Dameon Clarke
Zero(X Series Appearance) /Voiced by: Johnny Yong Bosch
Jill Valentine(Resident Evil 5 Appearance) Voiced by: Patricia Ja Lee (DLC Only)
Crimson Viper)Street Fighter IV Attire) /Voiced by: Michelle Ruff
Mike Haggar(Final Fight Attire) /Voiced by: Matt Reidy
Akuma (JP: Gouki)(Normal Attire) /Voiced by: Dave Mallow
Hsien-Ko (JP: Lei-Lei)(Normal Attire) /Voiced by: Hunter MacKenzie Austtin

ULTIMATE Characters

Marvel
Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze)(Classic Biker Gear) /Voiced by: Richard Greico
Hawkeye (Clint Barton)(Classic Avengers Appearance) /Voiced by: Chris Cox
Rocket Raccoon(Annihilation Conquest Attire) /Voiced by: N/A
Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange)(Classic Attire) /Voiced by: N/A
Nova (Richard Rider)(Annihilation Conquest Attire) /Voiced by: N/A
Iron Fist (Danny Rand)(Immortal Iron Fist Attire) /Voiced by: N/A

Capcom
Firebrand(GnG Appearance) /Voiced by: N/A
Strider Hiryu(Strider Attire) /Voiced by: T. J. Storm
Phoenix Wright (JP: Ryuichi Naruhodo)(Normal Attire) /Voiced by: Sam Riegel
Nemesis(RE3 Appearance) /Voiced by: N/A
Frank West(Dead Rising Attire) /Voiced by: T. J. Rotolo
Vergil(DMC3 Attire) /Voiced by: Daniel Southworth

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 MU49h

GET HYPED!

Last edited by Baal on Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:20 pm; edited 23 times in total
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:38 am

Promotional Trailers
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:39 am

CHARACTER THEMES

http://www.charlietang.net/mvc3/

COLLECTOR'S EDITION
Price: $69.99
Official Release Date: February 15th (US), February 18th (Europe)

Last edited by Baal on Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:25 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 9:26 pm

You play with me online. I'm the best at every game I play so you obviously misremembered.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 10:42 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Oh i don't actually know people who are really good at games they never do any of those annoying things. Even the people i play with online suck at stuff.

It doesn't matter if they suck. Phoenix is that awesome:

If you're looking for a good 2D fighting game, get BB:CS2, or, if you don't like anime fighters, SSFIV:AE.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 10:47 pm

Blair Waldorf wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Oh i don't actually know people who are really good at games they never do any of those annoying things. Even the people i play with online suck at stuff.

It doesn't matter if they suck. Phoenix is that awesome:

If you're looking for a good 2D fighting game, get BB:CS2, or, if you don't like anime fighters, SSFIV:AE.
AE is as unbalanced as fuck i really can't be assed to ever get that, even thugh yun and yang look really fun
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 11:47 pm

It's still a good 2D fighter, far more balanced than MvC3 and I will go to the grave to say that MvC3 is still my favorite 2D fighter even if I admit that AE is more balanced than it is.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:47 pm

Decided to play some more and I met an online player whose only strategy was to use the same combo on me until he beat me. After I lost X-23 I dominated him with Dante and Ammy until he pulled out Dark Phoenix and I lost barely.

Why in the fuck is Dark Phoenix not nerfed yet?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:58 pm

Okay, I just fought a Rank 5 guy that did pretty much nothing but use Cap's Charging Star over and over.

Is this what online mode pretty much is now? Using the same move over and over.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:23 am

Baal wrote:
Okay, I just fought a Rank 5 guy that did pretty much nothing but use Cap's Charging Star over and over.

Is this what online mode pretty much is now? Using the same move over and over.
I think he was celebrating independence day
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:28 am

Four days late?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:29 am

I think its never too late to celebrate america, but i guess thats because i'm not a commie.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:32 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
I think its never too late to celebrate america, but i guess thats because i'm not a commie.

Amen.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 3:18 am

I played this game for the first time today.

I lol'd.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 6:49 pm

Quote :
- The announcement is for a "super" version of MvC3, called Marvel vs Capcom 3 EX. It will be available as a DLC update and as a retail disc (with limited supplies, mostly distributed via online retailers), as well as a PC version and an (eventual) Wii U version. Pricing and release date are still being decided, but the rough release date is Q4 2011.
- The game will add 10 new characters, and Jill and Shuma will be part of the update if you don't have them already (they aren't counted towards the 10 characters).
- The only two characters I'll tell you about are the ones actually being announced at Comic-Con, which are Frank West and Cyclops.
- None of these new characters will be available as separate DLC for "vanilla" MvC3. You have to get the whole pack together.
- 4 new stages.
- The game will add some new modes and features.
- New alt costumes will also be announced for the game. You can also use these alt costumes in "vanilla" MvC3. The next set of alt costumes will be available just after the Comic-Con MvC3 presentation.
- Multiple glitches and balancing issues will be fixed in a patch available sometime in August. These changes will also of course carry over to MvC3EX.

At least it's available as a DLC download like Arcade Edition was, thank god.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 6:52 pm

i am suprised that this is happening

So what's up with my dream of playing as Phoenix Wright against She-Hulk.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 7:01 pm

There are 10 new characters, 5 of which will be Capcom. You better hope one of those last 4 are him.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 7:26 pm

Everything in the opening post is updated, voice actors added for everyone and I changed Magneto's to Marvel page to Erik from Wolverine & The X-Men because that's most likely who they were going for since Max Eisenhardt is the 616 Magneto.

I added an EX section as well.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 7:31 pm

This looks sweet.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 7:36 pm

I'm sorry, how long has this game been out? Not even 6 months and already this happens.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 7:39 pm

Gotta get paid, man.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 7:42 pm

come on kitty pryde as playable character
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 7:42 pm

Kitty Pryde and Venom will make me buy this game no matter what.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 7:46 pm

Goddamn there needs to be venom. If he plays like 2 I will be unbeatable.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 7:50 pm

there going to put in Superman to I bet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3   Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Page 1 of 26Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next