Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?

Go down 
+5
Skip
Kimarous
Talking Sock
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Empty
PostSubject: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:28 am

Heartbreakers
Miss Congeniality
Camp Rock
How to lose a Guy in 10 days
Just like Heaven (name might be wrong reese witherspoon is in it)

I admit it and i don't give a shit, besides there were hotties in the first two, camp rock is by far the worst one to like on that list
but i like it and i'll watch the sequel
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 12:52 am

Reign of Fire and The Fifth Element.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 1:07 am

The PotC sequels. Then again, they aren't so bad as people make them out to be anyway. I easily understood the so called convoluted plot and I didn't turn out crazy...or so I think.

But since they're considered to be so vexing to so many people(ala Spider-Man 3 and it's exaggerated negative feedback), I guess they count.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 1:13 am

Sora wrote:
The PotC sequels. Then again, they aren't so bad as people make them out to be anyway. I easily understood the so called convoluted plot and I didn't turn out crazy...or so I think.

But since they're considered to be so vexing to so many people(ala Spider-Man 3 and it's exaggerated negative feedback), I guess they count.
I like them as well. Never really understood the hate on them.

(Can't think of anything else at the moment; will update if anything comes to mind)
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 2:05 am

Kimarous wrote:
Sora wrote:

I like them as well. Never really understood the hate on them.

If I really had to be critical, there were some issues I had in At World's End. The first one would that unncessary and random Davy Jones Locker scene. They could have just left it out and use the following scene as Jack's introduction, it would have been a much grander entrance for him as we first see him and it replicates his first appearance in CotBP. The other issue I had was how Sao Feng, a character that was hyped up as if he was some big deal, was useless other than to make Knightley's character have a much more important role. My last problem would be how far-fetched some plot points were regarding the whole journey into and out of World's End(but then again, these are fantasy films so this isn't necessarily an issue, they could have thought of something much better to handle that journey though)

Other than those things, I enjoyed the film. I actually cared about the tragic story between Jones and Tia Dalma/Calypso despite being a mysterious relationship, and I liked the unique ending involving Will's fate(which still turns out to be a happy one in that "10 years later" post-credits scene). Speaking of the ending, the second act of the maelstrom battle after the "marriage scene" was utterly brilliant, especially since Jack continued to be hilarious despite the situation being far more serious than any other scene.

And one thing(or should I say, a few things) I really liked in both sequels was Davy Jones and his crew themselves. Not only are they technical achievements by looking so real despite being completely CGI(people actually mistaken them for actual actors with makeup), but they were really likeable. Jones himself isn't some generic monster who acts disgusting and crazy just because he looks hideous, he actually acts pretty suave in most of his scenes in contrast to Barbossa in the first film who acted more barbaric despite being the one who isn't a monster. That's not to say Barbossa doesn't compare to him though, he was pretty great, not to mention wise and cunning.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 2:25 am

My biggest problem was with Dead Man's Chest, in that about half of it was totally unnecessary. I just didn't really like any of the films though. Black Pearl was alright, but beyond that I just found them boring.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 2:35 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
My biggest problem was with Dead Man's Chest, in that about half of it was totally unnecessary. I just didn't really like any of the films though. Black Pearl was alright, but beyond that I just found them boring.

Although I also find some of DMC's scenes unnecessary(specifically that island with the cannibals), I found those parts entertaining so I didn't really mind. It's At World's End that needed some trimming.

Hell, just cut out some scenes from both films, put the two movies together and then you have one kickass flick.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 4:49 am

I like the PotC sequels too. There was hate on them?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 4:52 am

Skip wrote:

Yeah. Just like Spider-Man 3, its hype was its downfall. It people ended up getting too disappointed in them and started whining about how they were both complex for the sake of being complex(despite the fact the stories aren't confusing at all). Although they definitely have some flaws, they really aren't that much inferior to the first PotC.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 4:57 am

Sora wrote:
Skip wrote:

Yeah. Just like Spider-Man 3, its hype was its downfall. It people ended up getting too disappointed in them and started whining about how they were both complex for the sake of being complex(despite the fact the stories aren't confusing at all). Although they definitely have some flaws, they really aren't that much inferior to the first PotC.
Ahh ok.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:04 am

Has no one had to watch awful crap due to a girl or a friend and liked it?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:12 am

Haven't ended up liking it, no. I suppose Enchanted might count.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:28 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
The core criteria have not been met.

OH GOD I'M SO ALONE!!!
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:32 am

Kimarous wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
The core criteria have not been met.

OH GOD I'M SO ALONE!!!

Lots of ppl are single for a really long time, but they always find someone eventually, unless you got like ppl issues

Anyways i'm sure you got lots of friends, i'm sure some of them know a decent girl you could meet
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:19 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Reign of Fire and The Fifth Element.

Oh come on, The Fifth Element is brilliant. Chris Tucker aside, it's almost faultless. Reign of Fire, not so much, but hey, it's got dragons in it.

Meh, I liked both films.

I'm with Buu on Miss Congeniality as well. Got dragged to see it with an ex girlfirend, actually quite enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 4:19 pm

The Fifth Element is generally considered to be crap in my experience.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 4:23 pm

It has Bruce Willis though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 5:43 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
The Fifth Element is generally considered to be crap in my experience.
Quote :

The Fifth Element was generally well received by critics, with a 6.3 score of all reviews on review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes.[4] The film was selected as the opening film for the 1997 Cannes Film Festival[5] and became a major box office success, grossing over US$263 million, more than three times its budget of US$80 million. 76% of the receipts for The Fifth Element were from markets outside of the United States.[6]

The Fifth Element was nominated for an Academy Award in 1998 in the Best Effects, Sound Effects Editing category, losing to Titanic, but it won the BAFTA Award for Best Special Visual Effects. It was nominated for seven César awards and won three for Best Director, Best Cinematography, and Best Production Design.

Visual Effects Society voted the visual effects of The Fifth Element to be the 50th most influential of all time.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fifth_Element
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:33 pm

In my experience. Most people I've talked to about it don't like it. Even I don't think it's that good. I like it more than it deserves though, along with Reign of Fire.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:49 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
In my experience. Most people I've talked to about it don't like it. Even I don't think it's that good. I like it more than it deserves though, along with Reign of Fire.
meet more ppl, even if that includes city folk

Last edited by Superbuu3 on Sun May 23, 2010 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:51 pm

I lived in London for 3 years.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:54 pm

Avery hill isn't london
well it might be post code wise but its the edge very edge
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 7:00 pm

I wasn't on the Avery Hill campus. I was at the Greenwich campus.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 7:06 pm

alright meet some northerners then
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 9:26 pm

Would Mean Girls count? Critics generally like it, but most guys are "lol girly gayass shit" about it.

I love that movie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?   Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Secret shame: What movies do you like that you probably shouldn't?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next