Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chou you platinumed this o_O

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Chou you platinumed this o_O Empty
PostSubject: Chou you platinumed this o_O   Chou you platinumed this o_O Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:10 am

i thought this game would be ridiculously hard to platinum
i haven't done the minigames yet i'm debating whether to just do them in premium adventure or just complete ex hard first

as it seems to reset your stats
i think its doable just seems time consuming
the only one i'm not sure how you can reach the goal on is ex hard baseball
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Chou you platinumed this o_O   Chou you platinumed this o_O Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:02 pm

Yes, I nerd raged and recently got the platinum and the 100% completion rate.

Imo, Minigame Master is easily the hardest trophy because of golf and pool. Especially fucking pool.

-Roulette, poker and blackjack are the easiest and some of the fastest minigames to complete due to the items you find in the coin lockers.
-Fishing, bowling, karaoke, darts and the shooting arcade game are very easy once you figure how they are supposed to be played (at first I thought darts was impossible to play).
-Cee-lo, cho-han, oicho-cabu, koi-koi and the ufo catcher don't require much skill, but they're going to test your patience as they're very time-consuming and uninteresting.
-Extra hard baseball is ridiculous. Even with the FAQ's tips, it took me some time getting used to those ~150 km/h shots. Oh, and I'd to achieve over 1,600 points three more times to get enough 'chunks of ashes' to complete the modding list.

But the cheap AI made pool a much more daunting task for me.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Chou you platinumed this o_O   Chou you platinumed this o_O Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:07 pm

Chuck Bass wrote:
Yes, I nerd raged and recently got the platinum and the 100% completion rate.

Imo, Minigame Master is easily the hardest trophy because of golf and pool. Especially fucking pool.

-Roulette, poker and blackjack are the easiest and some of the fastest minigames to complete due to the items you find in the coin lockers.
-Fishing, bowling, karaoke, darts and the shooting arcade game are very easy once you figure how they are supposed to be played (at first I thought darts was impossible to play).
-Cee-lo, cho-han, oicho-cabu, koi-koi and the ufo catcher don't require much skill, but they're going to test your patience as they're very time-consuming and uninteresting.
-Extra hard baseball is ridiculous. Even with the FAQ's tips, it took me some time getting used to those ~150 km/h shots. Oh, and I'd to achieve over 1,600 points three more times to get enough 'chunks of ashes' to complete the modding list.

But the cheap AI made pool a much more daunting task for me.

i found the golf easy but i played everybody's golf and this is similar
koi koi has been a real pain in the ass and i dread playing pool i'm struggling to beat the advanced and haven't even played the expert
did you need to do the tape trick for the baseball?
if you happen to have any tips for it i would much appreciate it cause i got no clue how to do that
i struggled to even get 1800 on the hard baseball course

going by how much time i'm gonna need to put in i think i may as well just play on ex hard first so i got all the items on one clear save data
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Chou you platinumed this o_O   Chou you platinumed this o_O Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:35 pm

For koi-koi I tried getting those 2 or 3 cards combinations that give 5 points, but it still takes a while because you can bet only a few tags and you need 10,000 to complete it.

Clearing pool is a matter of luck. I kept trying for hours to beat the expert difficulty in rotation, but the AI messed up a lot in 8-ball and I cleared it on my first attempt. Try getting as many combination shots as possible for rotation.

For Ex-Hard baseball I used the tape trick. Also, Kiryu's stance changes when the ball approaches. That's an indication of when you'd swing the bat, so that your timing isn't off. In case you haven't noticed yet, there is also a pattern. For example, the first ball is always a super fast straight. Write down the pattern, so you can be prepared. Finally, you don't need to hit the bonus target.
Keep practising and you'll get better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chou you platinumed this o_O   Chou you platinumed this o_O Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chou you platinumed this o_O
Page 1 of 1