Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I bought inFamous

Go down 
+4
Skip
Neo
SimianWonder
A_Nonny_Moose
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:35 am

so grunts are more troublesome then anything else

i found the kamikaze men in the demo irritating
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:38 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
so grunts are more troublesome then anything else
That's exactly it. Imagine Prototype where you were more likely to be killed by foot soldiers than a Hunter.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:43 am

uh that sounds fairly game breaking

unless there is some really kick ass boss fights coming up
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:22 pm

Just finished the game. It felt pretty rushed towards the end, and the ending itself makes the whole game feel like a prologue to the sequel, which isn't a very satisfactory feeling. Not to mention it didn't make a whole lot of sense.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:49 pm

well thats shitty

hopefully the good ending which i assume is the canon one will be more interesting
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:56 pm

I doubt it. The massive revelation will still be the same, and that's what ruins it. All in all the story was kind of messy and all over the place.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:13 pm

so basically prototype is a better superhero game

and personally i liked the storyline in prototype
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:54 am

Might just breeze through the good story on easy mode. Shouldn't take long.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:09 am

I must admit, the game does have a very cool opening though. Much better than Prototype's flashback nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:29 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I must admit, the game does have a very cool opening though. Much better than Prototype's flashback nonsense.

yeah i really liked that

thats why i expected more from the story in this but sounds kinda shitty
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:27 pm

Nothing's resolved, that's why. The ending feels like it should be a pre-credit scene to another game.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:45 am

I'm enjoying the good powers quite a bit. The grenade is actually useful now that it lands where I throw it instead of splitting up and going wherever the hell it feels. Overload Burst seems pretty useless compared to Arc Lightning though. As far as I can tell it it just Arc Lightning, but takes time to charge up and is just a single shot rather than a continuous stream. Doesn't use any energy for some reason though.

I like the citizens as well. They actually do stuff. In Prototype every was either calm, running around screaming and vomiting, or dead. In inFamous they might stop to throw stones at you, or take your picture, or just clap, or ask you stop a mugging or help an injured person. If there's a body in the streets people will stop to feel the pulse on the neck. One guy was walking along and then all of a sudden he fell to his knees and yelled "Why does it have to be so hard?!".
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 2:01 am

Yeah, the citizens are good. I've actually been killed by one... I was climbing on a telegraph pole, one of them threw a rock at me, fell into the water...
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:31 am

that actually sounds pretty cool

but going by mercers inability to spare humans even if you try to be really good

thats probably why they'd never mention there cat was stuck up a tree

that and the fact if mercer is nice enoughto spare you if you stood around to say hi youd probably be blown up or run over by a tank
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:49 am

Yeah, even at walking speed Mercer shoves people in the face if they happen to bump into him.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 12:58 am

actually picked this up as i thought it would be good to play this before the sequels out. Anything i should know before i start?

Also is there a new game+ and should i be bad or good first? Is there middle ground or any point in trying to be middle ground?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:01 am

There is no middle ground. You have to be all good or all evil to get the best powers for each side. Evil powers are more destructive and good powers are more accurate, generally speaking. I preferred the good ones.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:08 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
There is no middle ground. You have to be all good or all evil to get the best powers for each side. Evil powers are more destructive and good powers are more accurate, generally speaking. I preferred the good ones.
oh is there no consequences during missions?

As in different outcomes from how you behave? so i can't get good endings in the bad missions?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:12 am

I can't really remember. I'm pretty sure it's just a series of A or B choices.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 4:04 am

It's pretty straight forward. Hpoefully it'll be a bit better in number 2.

inFamous is still a great game though, but I'm probably biased as I'm a sucker for those sort of superpowers shiz.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:01 am

Yeah from what i see you completely fuck yourself over going for the neutral ground. I went evil as I assumed that would be easier for the first playthrough, i'll do hard as a goody. I genuinely enjoy jumping around the town so finding blast shards seems really easy at the minute. I hope it doesn't get annoying towards the end though.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:30 am

It will. Not that I bothered.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:20 pm

Fuck finding shards i found a couple of hundred and can't be assed with the acrobatics needed to get some.

Also skip is right this game is closer to uncharted 2 then any super hero game.

Also story is awesome:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:49 pm

The game is tit. I don't know how i did it but I actually managed to find all the shards without any sort of a guide. It had alot of fun just fucking around after the game was done.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 1:48 am

Oh shit I can't believe how sweet the ending was. I did the bad route. I don't really see why i needed to play this game through twice as it looked like I would have a choice of ending in the last karma decision. Either way though I'm gonna start up my good run tomorrow probably.

Which ending is considered the better one? And is this playthrough going to be much different?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I bought inFamous   So I bought inFamous - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I bought inFamous
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next