Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moose plays Infamous 2

Go down 
+3
Ellis
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose plays Infamous 2 Empty
PostSubject: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 1:24 pm

Arrived today (a day before official release, as usual for GAME). You can choose to start off either good or bad to continue your Infamous 1 game, but it's not a save import. Or you can choose to start of nuetral. I picked good.

You start with all the basic powers like grenades and gliding and grinding and all that, which is cool. The opening action sequence is bigger and more impressive than anything in Infamous 1, but it settles down once you get to the new city. The news bulletins are back, which is a touch I liked in the first game. Although this time they appear in a little window on the HUD, so you don't have to stand in front of a TV for a minute while it plays. The first mission in the city is the first one from the demo. Haven't done much else yet, just been rambling around. So far the good/evil choices extend to side activities like healing injured civilians or taking out groups of police.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 3:42 pm

that seems kinda redundant as you just earned karma for that either way in the first.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 4:16 pm

Cole's clothes miraculously change colour when your karma goes up a grade. His shirt was yellow and now it's white.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 12:35 am

You have to fulfill certain requirements as well as spend XP to get upgrades now. Like get so many kills while climbing or whatever. Met the teleporting black woman. Her accent is hilarious.

Also, I'm totally lost on the story. Someone who appeared to be a major character just died about an hour into the game, and there's monsters popping up all over the place with no hint of an explanation yet.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 12:39 am

Wolfe should be familiar if you played the first one.

And no matter what they say it is a save import. You need the install data and a save from the first game, rgardless of where it was gamewise, and then it goes off the trophy data. I platinum'd the first game yet I was unable to start with perks for that reason.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 12:42 am

Ellis wrote:
Wolfe should be familiar if you played the first one.

And no matter what they say it is a save import. You need the install data and a save from the first game, rgardless of where it was gamewise, and then it goes off the trophy data. I platinum'd the first game yet I was unable to start with perks for that reason.
could you clarify?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 12:46 am

Ellis wrote:
So what exactly is it that it lets you do if you have a save/plat? Choose to start as good/neutral/evil?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 12:56 am

I did get a few minor bonuses for starting good. Perhaps I would have gotten more if I started bad, since I finished the bad storyline. I didn't know you needed the install and save file though.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 1:22 am

Yea it kinda pissed me off cuz I don't have the game anymore and my old saves were on my YLoD PS3.

♦ Have good or evil Trophies from Infamous: Start Infamous 2 at level 1 good karma or level 1 evil karma.
♦ Infamous Trophy for 25 percent of the Blast Shards: Free energy core in Infamous 2.
♦ Infamous Trophy for 50 percent of the Blast Shards: Two free energy cores.
♦ Finished Infamous with any karma standing on any difficulty: 1,000 bonus XP for Infamous 2.
♦ Specific Trophies for Specific Infamous decisions: Reflect side missions, Dead Drops and dialog variety in Infamous 2.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 4:11 am

Hmm ok but do you really need to have the game installed? I still have my two 100% saves and the platinum trophy is obviously on my account, that should definitely be enough.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 5:41 am

The install isn't 100 percent proven as people on the I2 board had the same problem as me and the consensus to fix it was pop in Infamous 1 and install it and save the game. You might not need the save game and you might not need the install but with both its garenteed to work.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 11:00 am

Neo wrote:
Hmm ok but do you really need to have the game installed? I still have my two 100% saves and the platinum trophy is obviously on my account, that should definitely be enough.
Essentially this stuff is just going to make the game easier, and its not a particuarly challenging game anyway, so its not that big a thing either way. From the sounds of things its going mainly by trophy data seeing as it doesn't seem to be specifically loading your save files. So if you choose, good allignemnet at the start of the game adn go down that track it most likely will just have some extra thing pop up if you were good before. It wouldn't make any sense if your good character went to bad anywayz and sucker punch wouldn't have said all that stuff about your save file not counting. Your trophies can never be deleted so it makes more sense to do it by that method for this game at least.

EDIT:
Reading the wiki it goes purely off trophy list. So i think my theory holds true.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 11:36 am

It's a bit more difficult that the first one. Mainly because of the guys with the rocket launchers. They can surprise you if you attack a group and don't see them. One rocket to the face and your dead. Cole seems even less capable of taking hits than he did in the first game, although the AI's accuracy at a distance has been toned down. They also thrown grenades and stuff now.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 12:55 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
It's a bit more difficult that the first one. Mainly because of the guys with the rocket launchers. They can surprise you if you attack a group and don't see them. One rocket to the face and your dead. Cole seems even less capable of taking hits than he did in the first game, although the AI's accuracy at a distance has been toned down. They also thrown grenades and stuff now.
They threw grenades in the first, i'm also glad rocket launchers to the face kill as they really should. I hope your playing on hard and haven't copped out.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 12:59 pm

Can you still deflect rockets with the shockwave power?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 1:06 pm

Yeah. But there's no real point. If you're up close it better to just attack them, and if you're far away there't almost no chance of them hitting you with a rocket unless you don't move at all.

Superbuu3 wrote:
They threw grenades in the first, i'm also glad rocket launchers to the face kill as they really should. I hope your playing on hard and haven't copped out.
Falling 200 feet from a clock tower should kill you as well but it doesn't. You land as if you just hopped over a fence. It's the same problem I had with the first game. Cole's strength is all over the place. And why would I play on hard?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 1:11 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Yeah. But there's no real point. If you're up close it better to just attack them, and if you're far away there't almost no chance of them hitting you with a rocket unless you don't move at all.

Superbuu3 wrote:
Falling 200 feet from a clock tower should kill you as well but it doesn't. You land as if you just hopped over a fence. It's the same problem I had with the first game. Cole's strength is all over the place. And why would I play on hard?
Because you completed the first and are supposed to be leet.

Cole jumping off buildings is because he can control his speed of descent.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 3:53 pm

In all hoensty I think this game is better than the first. I woulda gave thie first an 8/10 and this one get 9/10 in my opinion. No real boss fights kinda sucked but towards the end there are some damn tough enemies with health bars that piss you off until you find out just how the game wants you to take them down.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 7:38 pm

The boss fights in one were pretty shit TBH.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 11:48 pm

The Devourer was a decent fight.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 2:22 am

Improved thrusters are fantastic. I've reached the Hero rank in karma now, and Cole has adopted a really gay heroid idle stance as well bleached his shirt completely white. I preferred how it looked before.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 5:06 pm

This game just skipped me past a part of a mission I was havin trouble with. Failed to protect an ambulance from a Devourer a few times and then it sstarted me after that bit. I was so annoyed I had to quit the mission an restart the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 5:15 pm

Also having a Devourer battle in a tight space was not a good idea. It ges wedged in buildings very often, and you can't even use that to et free damage since it has a specific weakpoint.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 5:52 pm

Just got the ability to unlock ice powers. They're great. The shield is back, which I missed a lot, but now it purs you into aiming mode when you use it. Also got a super jump using a pillar of ice. Combined with the improved thrusters it makes getting around a lot more fun. Then there's other versions of grenades an stuff, the usual powers.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:07 pm

Just out of interest how do the improved thrusters work? Do you actually get some lift this time?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moose plays Infamous 2
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next