Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

After some serious thoughts...

Go down 
+4
Kaio
Talking Sock
A_Nonny_Moose
Sol Badguy
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sol Badguy
East Blue Pirate Captain
Sol Badguy

After some serious thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 4:17 pm

I wish Someone like Quentin Tarantino or Tim Burton did a remake of The prophecy or the exorcist

I think the noir or gothic style could really amp the mood of the movies
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 6:21 pm

I can imagine that either Quentin Tarantino's or Tim Burton's The Exorcist would be pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 6:31 pm

Couldn't be as bad as Batman 1989, man was that a shitstinker. Jack Nicholson being absolute piss as the Joker was horrible. And it's like they knew that, especially when that flashback happened with an actor WHO LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE JOKER AND HAS THE PERFECT GRIN playing as his young self.

Only good things out of that movie were the artistic city designs(despite looking like a cardboard cutout when we see a far away background shot), the musical score and the hilariously bizarre "silent" scenes which were so awkward(like when Bruce Wayne stares at Joker leaving in that car, looking back at Basinger's character then looking at the car again, it was just hilariously awful how the film took its time as we watch him walk up to the car and just stare for ages so we understand that "OMG, Jack's alive!"). Oh year and the Prince music was a knee slapper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 6:34 pm

Tim Burton's Exorcist would inevitably star Johnny Depp though.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 6:35 pm

Sarbud wrote:

As the possessed daughter right?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 6:46 pm

You know I watched Beetlejuice last night, and it's actually not particularly great. Hadn't seen it for years, but I remembered it as some awesome, funny film. And it's just... not. It's okay, but that's it. And despite having the film named after him, Beetlejuice was barely in it, and was actually one of the worst parts of the film, along with Winona Ryder's character. She barely any characterisation or anything that explained why she was apparently so depressed.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 6:51 pm

Sora wrote:
Couldn't be as bad as Batman 1989, man was that a shitstinker. Jack Nicholson being absolute piss as the Joker was horrible. And it's like they knew that, especially when that flashback happened with an actor WHO LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE JOKER AND HAS THE PERFECT GRIN playing as his young self.

Only good things out of that movie were the artistic city designs(despite looking like a cardboard cutout when we see a far away background shot), the musical score and the hilariously bizarre "silent" scenes which were so awkward(like when Bruce Wayne stares at Joker leaving in that car, looking back at Basinger's character then looking at the car again, it was just hilariously awful how the film took its time as we watch him walk up to the car and just stare for ages so we understand that "OMG, Jack's alive!"). Oh year and the Prince music was a knee slapper.

I thought I was the only one who hated that film.

Batman Returns is way better.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 6:56 pm

Kaio wrote:
Sora wrote:

I thought I was the only one who hated that film.

Batman Returns is way better.

Well believe me, I'd actually like it if it didn't make the Joker seem so mortal(I mean seeing him as some lackey evolve into that feels lame these days) and just a simple weasel with toys who ruins art and messes around while dancing to prince music. And also if it wasn't clustered with all those awkward scenes where someone's just staring at someone or something. Even the final confrontation was awful, I mean HOW LONG did that scene with Basinger and Nicholson walking up that building take anyway? God that dragged on like fuck.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 11:15 pm

Sora wrote:

NO
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 2:55 am

Alice in Wonderland should be good.

Burtons Exorcist would have Bonham-Carter as the girl, Depp as priest. Fact.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 4:23 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Sora wrote:

NO

YES!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 4:37 am

Sora wrote:
Sarbud wrote:

As the possessed daughter right?

Captain Howdy.

SUBLIMINAL ROLE.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 4:38 am

You can't blame the actor for issues you have with the script.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 4:44 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
You can't blame the actor for issues you have with the script.

What?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 4:48 am

All your complaints about Jack's Joker are about the script.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 5:02 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
All your complaints about Jack's Joker are about the script.

All I complained about Jack, as in the actor, was him being shit, I never described or said much why he sucked as the Joker. The rest of the criticism against the Joker had nothing to do with him. Read properly.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 5:05 am

That's right, Moose made a stupid.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 5:11 am

Sora wrote:
I never described or said much why he sucked as the Joker.
I know. You said he was piss as the Joker, and then complained about all the crap the Joker does.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 5:20 am

I complained about what Joker did in a separate post that doesn't even point out Nicholson being terrible as him. All I said was that all those things they made Joker do was lame, what has that got to do with Nicholson's terrible acting?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 5:28 am

So what didn't you like about his performance?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 5:41 am

Eh, he was basically just pulliing a Nicholson and not being anything else. It's like he really didn't care or know he was actually the Joker. He always sounded bored, y'know, like he usually does in everything else and his laugh was annoying and basically sounded as if someone just punched him in the gut. He overall just wasn't funny or nutty, he was just....stupid.

Even if this was a unique change for Joker's casual attitude and likeness, it overall wasn't something fun to watch. It isn't like Ledger's Joker where despite being quite different, was very well done and had a solid script to follow, for Nicholson, it felt as if it was just an actor playing dress up as the Joker.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:56 am

nicholson captivated the audience and made the best of the script

he still had a unpredictable nature, came out with genuinely hilarious lines and had many memorable moments i.e. i'm melting, taking out the batwing with a handgun, "where does he get those toys". He still did things like shoot his own henchmen (i think for no reason). I mean you can hardly complain about it not being an accurate potrayal of the comic character cause seriously how many films really stay tru to the comic. The film wanted to have a 1930s feel to it and they pulled it off.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 11:12 am

None of those bits(like "I'm melting") were funny. He was pretty cringe worthy and wasn't convincing at all. Him being a bored/tired looking Joker is already bad enough. It was only good to people for its time because it was surrounded by trash before AND after(excluding Returns) during those few years, he overall was a dull and stupid Joker.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 11:16 am

Sora wrote:
None of those bits(like "I'm melting") were funny. He was pretty cringe worthy and wasn't convincing at all. Him being a bored/tired looking Joker is already bad enough. It was only good to people for its time because it was surrounded by trash before AND after(excluding Returns) during those few years, he overall was a dull and stupid Joker.

you do realise this was essentially a kids film
at the cinema this was a 12, i mean seriously sometimes you gotta take a step back and really look at who it was meant for

if it wasn't for lax age ratings these days probably just so films can make more money, back in those days the dark knight would have been an 18 and you can see why it was so much more appealing to older ppl

and don't judge old films comparing them to new ones thats retarded, budgets are bigger and back then the audience was treated as stupid
ppl weren't considered to get twists and those were the days when i came out of a film and no one needed to be explained as to why some character did something
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 11:21 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Sora wrote:

you do realise this was essentially a kids film
at the cinema this was a 12, i mean seriously sometimes you gotta take a step back and really look at who it was meant for

if it wasn't for lax age ratings these days probably just so films can make more money, back in those days the dark knight would have been an 18 and you can see why it was so much more appealing to older ppl

and don't judge old films comparing them to new ones thats retarded, budgets are bigger and back then the audience was treated as stupid
ppl weren't considered to get twists and those were the days when i came out of a film and no one needed to be explained as to why some character did something

That's a stupid defense. And you also misread me because I was actually complimenting it on how it also made the films that came out AFTER look even worse than they were because they were shit and had bigger budgets. Having a bigger budget and an all star cast doesn't mean it has hopes of being a better film, a movie can still be shit compared to something with a lower budget, it's proven with this very film's Warner Bros. movie series. Being a film directed to kids(a dark one at that) doesn't mean it has to be stupid and unappealing. I don't care about its little handicaps or what ratings it had, the film itself and Nicholson's Joker, in my opinion, sucked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

After some serious thoughts...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next