Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Something I've noticed about JJBA...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

Something I've noticed about JJBA... Empty
PostSubject: Something I've noticed about JJBA...   Something I've noticed about JJBA... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:06 am

Araki manages to write a very lengthy story, with individual conflicts lasting multiple chapters, while still managing to fill each individual chapter with plenty of enjoyable and engaging content. This is something rarely seen in other manga (ESPECIALLY Bleach), where conflicts are either finished quickly, extended by having interspliced "meanwhile" scenes, or simply by spreading the worthwhile material very thin and cramming the gaps with pointless filler.

In other words, while some mind be turned off by JJBA's prairie-like "goes on forever" length, but in my opinion, this series is extremely enjoyable BECAUSE of it.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Something I've noticed about JJBA...   Something I've noticed about JJBA... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:22 am

Don't expect a lot out of Part 5. It's easily the worst part of the series and really only the fights with Execution Squad are the enjoyable ones and even then Araki manages to drop the ball a few times with the climaxes on those.

But Part 5 is still enjoyable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something I've noticed about JJBA...   Something I've noticed about JJBA... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:38 pm

Teh Rei wrote:
Don't expect a lot out of Part 5. It's easily the worst part of the series and really only the fights with Execution Squad are the enjoyable ones and even then Araki manages to drop the ball a few times with the climaxes on those.

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

Anyway, part 5 is shitty because the main evil guy is all like, powerful and shit hacked. It's impossible for Araki to write a proper fight for that part of the manga.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Something I've noticed about JJBA...   Something I've noticed about JJBA... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:58 pm

Vergil wrote:
Teh Rei wrote:

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

Anyway, part 5 is shitty because the main evil guy is all like, powerful and shit hacked. It's impossible for Araki to write a proper fight for that part of the manga.

Not to mention after the execution squad every fight becomes shit, a turtle is involved in another character's fate, Doppio is fucking annoying, The battle of the worst stands in the series, and the last... well I'm not sure if I can call it a fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something I've noticed about JJBA...   Something I've noticed about JJBA... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:02 pm

Don't expect much from part 6 either. Part 4 had the last good final battle.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Something I've noticed about JJBA...   Something I've noticed about JJBA... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:07 pm

Vergil wrote:
Don't expect much from part 6 either. Part 4 had the last good final battle.

No Part 6 was fucking fantastic in the middle. But after Pucci gets the baby then everything else from there went to hell.

Well not really, Bohemian Rhapsody is about one of the best stands in the series, just the user is an idiot. And Versace is a pretty cool guy with another awesome stand. Actually, if you exclude Rykiel then even after Pucci gets the baby Part 6 was still pretty awesome, what with Bohemian Rhapsody, Underworld, and Heavy Weather (Excluding what happens to Weather.).

Everything really goes to hell after Heavy Weather until the last chapter. Otherwise Part 6 was one of the best parts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something I've noticed about JJBA...   Something I've noticed about JJBA... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:09 pm

I was talking about the Last fight. It was a massacre. I didn't say the Part as a whole was bad.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Something I've noticed about JJBA...   Something I've noticed about JJBA... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:12 pm

Vergil wrote:
I was talking about the Last fight. It was a massacre. I didn't say the Part as a whole was bad.

Yes, the final fight in Part 4 was the last good final boss fight and it's pretty anti-climactic but fuckwin for the most part.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something I've noticed about JJBA...   Something I've noticed about JJBA... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:14 pm

Part 7 better have a fucking good one. Something like 89 chapters of fighting.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Something I've noticed about JJBA...   Something I've noticed about JJBA... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:54 am

Vergil wrote:
Part 7 better have a fucking good one. Something like 89 chapters of fighting.
DAYUM!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something I've noticed about JJBA...   Something I've noticed about JJBA... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:55 am

And at end the universe implodes. Ending JJBA forever.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Something I've noticed about JJBA...   Something I've noticed about JJBA... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:56 am

Vergil wrote:
And at end the universe implodes. Ending JJBA forever.
tha fuck.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Something I've noticed about JJBA...   Something I've noticed about JJBA... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 4:05 am

No, the series will end with a time traveling stand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something I've noticed about JJBA...   Something I've noticed about JJBA... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something I've noticed about JJBA...
Page 1 of 1